Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Transfer Gossip

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Lightbulb Sun

Christopher Lee has joined the club for a trial.

BokGPsrCYAAnsdw.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

irishmover wrote: »
    Didn't Bale say something similar this time last year? Players word is as useful as their contracts these days!

True.

But at least it's more positive than him saying nothing at all.

Be interesting to see if he's still singing the same tune after the WC especially if he has a good one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭yiddo59

Meeting Messi apparently.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

yiddo59 wrote: »
    Meeting Messi apparently.

Poch is Argentinian, Messi is Argentinian...I'm sold :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

Will he tempt any players from Southampton to join him??

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

mushykeogh wrote: »
    Will he tempt any players from Southampton to join him??

hopefully at least lovern so we can let dawson faak off to qpr :D

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭heartofwhite

According to The Guardian he is looking to bring Lallana with him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

So, now the manager is in... name just three (realistic) players you would like to see us buy and three you would like to see leave.

In

Adam Lallana - very good player, plus Poch and Premier League Experience. Will cost £25m.

Ricardo Rodriguez - A left back playing for Wolfsburg 7 goals and 10 assists last season. The kind of full back Poch will be looking for. A cheaper option than Luke Shaw, will probably cost £10m.

Steven Caulker - He knows the club. Has developed at Cardiff and was even captain a few times, has pace and has an international future - if developed by the right manager. I think Poch can be the man. £8m.

Total Spend - £43m

Out

Gylfi - A good squad player, though if Lallana comes in and Pritchard develops, I think he'll get very little game time. It's a good time to sell. £8m.

Chadli - Hopefully he has a good WC and his stock rises, but I don't think there is much more improvement to be seen there. We could get £6m for him.

Dawson - Poch will require pace at the back. Dawson has been getting slower and slower. He's a great servant, but he won't be getting game time. We'll get £5m from QPR for him.

Total Income - £19m

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

So, now the manager is in... name just three (realistic) players you would like to see us buy and three you would like to see leave.

In

Adam Lallana - very good player, plus Poch and Premier League Experience. Will cost £25m.

Ricardo Rodriguez - A left back playing for Wolfsburg 7 goals and 10 assists last season. The kind of full back Poch will be looking for. A cheaper option than Luke Shaw, will probably cost £10m.

Steven Caulker - He knows the club. Has developed at Cardiff and was even captain a few times, has pace and has an international future - if developed by the right manager. I think Poch can be the man. £8m.

Total Spend - £43m

Out

Gylfi - A good squad player, though if Lallana comes in and Pritchard develops, I think he'll get very little game time. It's a good time to sell. £8m.

Chadli - Hopefully he has a good WC and his stock rises, but I don't think there is much more improvement to be seen there. We could get £6m for him.

Dawson - Poch will require pace at the back. Dawson has been getting slower and slower. He's a great servant, but he won't be getting game time. We'll get £5m from QPR for him.

Total Income - £19m

Lallana is a really nice footballer, but he's overpriced and plays in the same position as Eriksen.

I wouldn't sell Chadli. Good squad man at least. One of our better players after Christmas.

I'd like us to buy Ben Davies from Swansea for left back. Never heard of Rodriguez, sounds good though.

Would also like to see a bid for either Bony, Lukaku, Benteke or Remy. We need a physical option up front. Preferably Bony.

We need someone at the back to replace Dawson. Someone with pace. Caulker is an option. I'm still on the fence about him. He could turn out to be international class or he could turn out to be lower Premiership class.

Just 3 signings should do it. Maybe a back up goalie. Has Speroni been released by Palace? Almost too good to be back up.

I'd like to see us sell Paulinho for starters. If he has a good world cup we could get 25m

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

Left back off Sunderland..Alonso i think... smashing hair too!!

Can't get all that excited about the possibility of any of the current Southampton players joining us. Lallana been the exception, but he'll end up somewhere else and is way over priced. Lovern would be a step in the right direction but is he that much better than a fit Kaboul.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 EoinMoran

Can't get all that excited about the possibility of any of the current Southampton players joining us. Lallana been the exception, but he'll end up somewhere else and is way over priced. Lovern would be a step in the right direction but is he that much better than a fit Kaboul.

What's a "fit Kaboul" ?? Never heard of it before.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,633 ✭✭✭golfball37

I honestly wouldn't swap a fit Kaboul for anyone in the league.

Pity he's never fit anymore though and we're gonna have to make a decision on his future soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

golfball37 wrote: »
    I honestly wouldn't swap a fit Kaboul for anyone in the league.

Pity he's never fit anymore though and we're gonna have to make a decision on his future soon.

I can understand you being fond of him, judging by that statement. He's been riddled with injury, still, I've yet to see him play well over 90 minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Lightbulb Sun

We seem to have a knack for having crocked centre backs don't we. Ledley, Woodgate, Kaboul...

In

Ha, I think lazy journalists are reading this forum! :cool:

http://www.footballdirectnews.com/premier-league-news/50629-new-spurs-boss-keen-on-swiss-star.php

Interesting...
    The evening Standard have said that we will only pay Valencia a total of £13m for Roberto Soldado due to the player not reaching targets set by both clubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,632 ✭✭✭Glebee

Interesting...

So, Soldados bad form last year was all a cunning plan by Levy....:)
    I bet Soldado plays a blinder this season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭slegs

Wouldn't be surprised to see Soldado have a stormer next season. He seemed to find it difficult to settle in. I think he will be a different man with a full summer preparation. Pochettino should be a help to him and Lamela

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    I can understand you being fond of him, judging by that statement. He's been riddled with injury, still, I've yet to see him play well over 90 minutes.

You sir, have a very short memory!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

That video is going back some, many faces no longer here unfortunately. Don't think he played CB that day. Maybe with a good preseason behind him he could excel into the new season. Still I'd be gobsmacked if either himself or Dawson were first choice. Both were an embarrassment at times when faced with decent opposition. Manager will earn his crust trying to form that back four into a functioning unit. Lloris deserves some protection.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Eamo71

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    That video is going back some, many faces no longer here unfortunately. Don't think he played CB that day. Maybe with a good preseason behind him he could excel into the new season. Still I'd be gobsmacked if either himself or Dawson were first choice. Both were an embarrassment at times when faced with decent opposition. Manager will earn his crust trying to form that back four into a functioning unit. Lloris deserves some protection.

No he was right back if I remember correctly. And he played a stormer there. That's why I was hoping they'd push Walker into a winger's role and leave Kaboom at RB.

More from Spurs Community...
    The Goat hears that there is a contract offer on the table for Lloris and negotiations going well. He is very settled.

Also The Goat has been told to "expect a fire sale at Southampton- everyone wants out" Lambert could be just the start. Many were staying to play with Poch and other players who might be brought in but now many players think they should move now when their stock is high and that next season could be a struggle.

The Lloris piece is an interesting one. It could be bitter-sweet news. He could be signing a new contract but looking for a buy-out clause to be added. That's not entirely bad news for us, but you wouldn't want to get "commitment" from your keeper only for a buy-out clause meeting bid to come in the day before the transfer window closes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Eamo71 wrote: »
    No he was right back if I remember correctly. And he played a stormer there. That's why I was hoping they'd push Walker into a winger's role and leave Kaboom at RB.

Yep, Daws and King were centre backs at the time and Kaboul came back from an injury to finish the season very strongly, great pace. That night he slaughtered their left full, Wayne Bridge and whoever was in front.

Point is Kaboul on form and fit he's a quality defender. However that sentence is a contradiction in terms. He's a crock and needs to be replaced.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭gar

Tony Parks has left the club.
    Was always going to happen with Potch bringing his own coach

Lescott supposed to be in talks with West ham and qpr.

Thought he would have had better options then that. No sign of us making a move sadly.

Lots of paper talk about 3-4 Italian teams been interested in Lamela ... said to be available for around 20M.

Would like to see him get 1 proper season with us, especially under the guidance of Pocchy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

Sides can only name 17 non homegrown players meaning we need 8 overpriced homegrowns. Let's hope our raid of Southampton goes well or well be stuck with Rose and Dawson. Maybe we should buy back Caulker. Livermore could also be worth keeping too. I think Siggy is hometown too so no chance of him going

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

The Mirror claim "Tottenham have the option of taking Caulker back to save Cardiff paying any more".

It's a no-brainer.

Advertisement