Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Transfer Gossip

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭DildoFaggins

Sides can only name 17 non homegrown players meaning we need 8 overpriced homegrowns. Let's hope our raid of Southampton goes well or well be stuck with Rose and Dawson. Maybe we should buy back Caulker. Livermore could also be worth keeping too. I think Siggy is hometown too so no chance of him going

Davies is a definite signing maybe Caulker too.
    Then we can get rid of Dawson and Kaboul.
    Hopefully we buy Will Hughes and sell Dembele

Would like to keep Paulinho and Sig they got 11 goals last season
    We already made the same mistake with Dempsey and Rafa stop selling people who score ****ing goals,
    you add Defoe and Bale and it adds up a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

Hopefully we buy Will Hughes and sell Dembele

have to disagree mate, dembelle has the ball retention that we will need alot of next season. On his game he is a quality player

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Hammar

have to disagree mate, dembelle has the ball retention that we will need alot of next season. On his game he is a quality player

Dembele is a good player,But if we are playing a diamond shaped central midfield of

................Sandro
    .....Paulinho...........Dembele
    .................Eriksen

Is there really enough passing and creativity in Paulinho and Dembele as a duo???

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Hammar

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

The word going round is that Poch is on holiday until the end of June. He may attend a couple of WC games, but a number of our scouts will be there - obviously.

Also, there will be no transfers in or out of players playing in the World Cup until later in the tournament - apparently most countries have an agent ban during the tournament. So if you see us linked to somebody playing in the tournament, then don't hold your breath in the hope it will happen any time soon.

Also, there was a meeting between Levy and Poch recently where squad requirements were discussed. A left back and a centre back were top of the list.

From an attacking perspective I think very little is needed. I'd be happy to see Chelsea offer silly money for Paulinho as replacement for Fat Frank.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Yeah, the Poch appointment was the only thing I was looking forward to pre-WC, knowing there'll be scarce little action going on whilst that's in the limelight, will start paying attention to the rumours as teams get eliminated.

Edit: The articles mentioning lamela do bug me as levy will not be taking a hit on him, there's zero chance of that happening - time has proven that to be so.

Transfer Gossip....
    Been told that we need to make up our mind regarding Steven Caulker. We can get him back for a decent fee (I think around £6m) but we are also looking at other targets.

Swansea have made a bid and want to speak to him too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Lightbulb Sun

An Italian Sky Sports journalist is reporting that the club are in the process of selling Sandro to Napoli.

https://twitter.com/HotspurRelated/status/474172830389903360

Waits for thread to explode in 3,2,1.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

An Italian Sky Sports journalist is reporting that the club are in the process of selling Sandro to Napoli.

https://twitter.com/HotspurRelated/status/474172830389903360

Waits for thread to explode in 3,2,1.....

A report the other day is that they offered 6m and we said no way

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

In fairness, sandro hasn't developed in to the player we all thought he would. Yes I know he's been injured, and I know the majority of fans love him for his character etc.. but has he really impressed that much over the last 12 months when he has played??

If the rumours about Wanyama were true, I'd imagine Sandro could well be sold if we got offered good money.

• Advertisement

The reliable daily mail says we are chasing Moreno from Sevilla with Soldado on loan as part of the deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

No way should we sell Sandro. Granted he was v average last year but did he even start 2 consecutive games. Just think back to the player he was the year before or in Harrys last season.

We need him and we need Capoue. And I won't sell him for a penny less then 18 million sterling.
    We have plenty of players we can do without. Sandro is not one of them. His stats in 12/13 had him as one of they best CMs in Europe in terms of tackle success, interceptions and distribution.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

No way should we sell Sandro. Granted he was v average last year but did he even start 2 consecutive games. Just think back to the player he was the year before or in Harrys last season.

We need him and we need Capoue. And I won't sell him for a penny less then 18 million sterling.
    We have plenty of players we can do without. Sandro is not one of them. His stats in 12/13 had him as one of they best CMs in Europe in terms of tackle success, interceptions and distribution.

Your saying we can't sell him, and then you say don't sell him for less than 18m:D which is it?

If you got Wanyama for less than sandro was potentially sold for, maybe it would be a good deal, I'm just throwing it out there.

I agree, Sandro was excellent during that period, but that was a long time ago mate, in the last 12/18 months, he's been more concerned about his hair than anything else.

P.S. I'm a Sandro fan, just concerned if he's going to fulfill all that potential we saw in him.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

True that. He obviously didn't see eye to eye with TS but he seemed to drift out of AVBs plans too in the first half of last season.

Hopefully Pocchy can motivate him to be the same player again.

Patww79 wrote: »

Our new manager obviously doesn't think so

True that. He obviously didn't see eye to eye with TS but he seemed to drift out of AVBs plans too in the first half of last season.

Hopefully Pocchy can motivate him to be the same player again.

agree

• Registered Users Posts: 4,633 ✭✭✭golfball37

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Our new manager obviously doesn't think so

He wasn't an automatic first choice for Southampton last year AFAIK. Schnederlin and Lallana were the midfield two.

My one worry about Poch is big signings like Wanyama and Osvaldo have not worked out for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Deise Vu

golfball37 wrote: »
    He wasn't an automatic first choice for Southampton last year AFAIK. Schnederlin and Lallana were the midfield two.

My one worry about Poch is big signings like Wanyama and Osvaldo have not worked out for him.

Maybe I'm wrong but I thought Wanyamya got injured? I have always been impressed by him whenever I have seen him. Having said that his position is static midfield enforcer / distributor and with Dembele, Paulinho, Sandro, Capoue, Bentaleb and a half dozen others already looking for that position, signing him would be the height of lunacy.

Getting rid of Sandro would be silly. His tackles get the team and the crowd going. We breaks up an unbelievable number of attacks. For anyone other than a striker it's hard to clearly define how they impact the game, but based on breaking up the play and tackles won - Sandro is worth his weight in gold.

To be honest, to say the new manager doesn't rate him is silly too. Poch seems like a reasonable and intelligent guy, he won't be making decisions about players until he starts working with them in mid-July. Also, Sandro is at the World Cup. Anything you read about him now is just bored journalists filling inches.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

I'd hate for Sandro to go, he's one of my favourite players, but if he does go I'd think there will be other factors apart from just his football, the main one being his injury record.

I'm also still hoping there was zero truth to the rumour TS spread that Sandro isn't a great trainer.

We have too many midfielders anyway, that's for sure. Something has to give.

Getting rid of Sandro would be silly. His tackles get the team and the crowd going. We breaks up an unbelievable number of attacks. For anyone other than a striker it's hard to clearly define how they impact the game, but based on breaking up the play and tackles won - Sandro is worth his weight in gold.

To be honest, to say the new manager doesn't rate him is silly too. Poch seems like a reasonable and intelligent guy, he won't be making decisions about players until he starts working with them in mid-July. Also, Sandro is at the World Cup. Anything you read about him now is just bored journalists filling inches.

As a spectator? I thought he didn't make the squad.

Ormus wrote: »

He didn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Ormus wrote: »

Whoops. I wasn't aware of that. He would have been first on my list.

How did Tim Sherwood get the Brasil job so quickly?! :confused:

Anyway, at least that explains where the paper rumours are coming from. If he was in the WC squad I'd say those headlines wouldn't have been written, maybe it's his agent trying to keep his spirits up by making him feel wanted after the World Cup squad disappointment - could be anything. I take all 'headlines' in the Summer with a wheel-barrow of salt.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

I have at last learned how to ignore all the transfer rumours...
    Wait until you see them at our faciltilies..
    The amount of clowns that i know that repeat EVERY thing they read is fooking a nine!
    Imagine actually believing every thing you read...we must have been linked with and selling about 30 players since the season ended!!
    Poor MOPO hasnt even got his initials on his tshirts yet!!

Whoops. I wasn't aware of that. He would have been first on my list.

How did Tim Sherwood get the Brasil job so quickly?! :confused:

Anyway, at least that explains where the paper rumours are coming from. If he was in the WC squad I'd say those headlines wouldn't have been written, maybe it's his agent trying to keep his spirits up by making him feel wanted after the World Cup squad disappointment - could be anything. I take all 'headlines' in the Summer with a wheel-barrow of salt.

In fairness it woulda been risky to take him with his injury record and lack of match time.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

The amount of clowns that i know that repeat EVERY thing they read is fooking a nine!
    Imagine actually believing every thing you read...we must have been linked with and selling about 30 players since the season ended!!

I'm really enjoying the gossip this year, so completely out of the realms of possibility is it that you'd really have had to have taken a fair knock to swallow the vast majority of it, the fabregas link has been my absolute favourite one so far.

a nine :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

20 years ago we signed Klinsmann, Popescu and Dimitrescu after USA 94
    I wonder who we'll go after this time around ?
    I hope we aim high

Klinsmann's still the best I've ever seen in a Spurs Shirt - shame it only lasted one season.

Advertisement