Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Transfer Gossip

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

20 years ago we signed Klinsmann, Popescu and Dimitrescu after USA 94
    I wonder who we'll go after this time around ?
    I hope we aim high

Klinsmann's still the best I've ever seen in a Spurs Shirt - shame it only lasted one season.

Great striker but not better than Bale.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Very hard to choose between them. I'd probably go for Bale too, but not by much.

Is this a call for a best Spurs 11 of the Premiership era thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

20 years ago we signed Klinsmann, Popescu and Dimitrescu after USA 94
    I wonder who we'll go after this time around ?
    I hope we aim high

Klinsmann's still the best I've ever seen in a Spurs Shirt - shame it only lasted one season.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Ormus wrote: »
    Very hard to choose between them. I'd probably go for Bale too, but not by much.

Is this a call for a best Spurs 11 of the Premiership era thread?

That thread sounds like a good idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

Sugarlumps wrote: »

Didn't have the same impact at 34 and it was only 3.5 months

94/95 he was unplayable

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

94/95 he was unplayable

And had a perfect goal ruled out for offside against utd in a nil all draw at the lane! Think it was our 2nd league game of the season.

mushykeogh wrote: »
    And had a perfect goal ruled out for offside against utd in a nil all draw at the lane! Think it was our 2nd league game of the season.

Yeah remember it well
    We lost 1-0 to a Steve Bruce goal :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Daily Star saying Chelsea want Sandro for 15m, that would be sickening.

Hope they get Paulinho instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭yiddo59

94/95 he was unplayable

Wasn't the same player when he came back in 97/98 but still got the vital goals on the run in against Newscastle and Wimbledon.

yiddo59 wrote: »
    Wasn't the same player when he came back in 97/98 but still got the vital goals on the run in against Newscastle and Wimbledon.

correct, we were in big trouble that year

Christian Gross ? WTF ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

correct, we were in big trouble that year

Christian Gross ? WTF ?

I remember listening to Radio 5 getting updates on the wimbledon game whilst on a train in Birmingham, went mental on the train as the goals went in.

My naaaammmeee is Nicola Berti......

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

.. was flicking around the TV last night and sky sport 2 had spurs v west ham from 2007 on. Our midfield was Jenas and Ghali. Its games like that that makes me appreciate how far we have come in the last few years.

also Lennon was a different class of player back then compared to now. He needs to be moved on..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

.. was flicking around the TV last night and sky sport 2 had spurs v west ham from 2007 on. Our midfield was Jenas and Ghali. Its games like that that makes me appreciate how far we have come in the last few years.

also Lennon was a different class of player back then compared to now. He needs to be moved on..

Ghaly...I remember him playing on with his two front teeth knocked out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    Ghaly...I remember him playing on with his two front teeth knocked out.

Also remember him taking off the jersey at WHL when substituted and throwing it on the ground

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

I remember him been utter ****e

• Registered Users Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭celt262

I remember this being a Transfer Gossip thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Daily ITK (gossip)....
    Been told again, Lovren is without doubt interested and he is the most likely from Southampton depending on how many other players they let go before we can agree a price. They have set a limit on how many they will let go numbers wise, and are trying to stall everyone until they name their manager. We also want J Rod but his injury makes things difficult unless he comes very cheap. As far as my guy has been told they are the only two we are looking at as of this window, and the guy that has told him works at Lovren's Agency. He was bang on with all the Poch stuff very early on, so no reason to doubt this either.

Also, regarding Andrija Balic...
    Heard this morning this should be tidied up in the next few days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Lightbulb Sun

Chelsea might be looking to offload Lukaku if they get Costa. We are supposedly interested.

Yes, please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

Chelsea might be looking to offload Lukaku if they get Costa. We are supposedly interested.

Yes, please.

I'd prefer Balotelli, AC Milan have him up for sale

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

I'd prefer Balotelli, AC Milan have him up for sale

Headcase! Would bring more hassle than goals!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭DildoFaggins

Has anyone been paying attention to the rumors linking us to Ever Banega from Valencia?
    It's been doing the rounds for a few days and I'm very excited at the possibility of us going in for him,anyone who watched him the last few years will see the quality he posses I seriously think we need to get him especially now that he was cut from the Argie WC squad and sunderland seem to be the only other interested party.

I did see a good comparison chart on another spurs forum I'll try and find it and link it here.

I hope we buy him especially for soo little he reminds me of Silva.

Edit: Also take into account he knows Soldado inside out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭nbar12

Ormus wrote: »
    Daily Star saying Chelsea want Sandro for 15m, that would be sickening.

Hope they get Paulinho instead.

Surely, you would hope they get neither of them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

nbar12 wrote: »
    Surely, you would hope they get neither of them

Anything upward of 25million for Paulinho and I would not mind them having him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Reports bouncing around saying Vertonghen has signed a new one year lease on his gaf.... which is an indirect signal towards his commitment to us.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,632 ✭✭✭Glebee

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Also remember him taking off the jersey at WHL when substituted and throwing it on the ground

I was at that game. First trip to the lane. 1-1 with Blackburn with robbie scoring the equaliser.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Lightbulb Sun

Toby Alderweireld being mentioned quite a bit at the moment. Can play RB or CB but apparently is wanted to play in the centre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭DildoFaggins

Toby Alderweireld being mentioned quite a bit at the moment. Can play RB or CB but apparently is wanted to play in the centre.

Crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

Brad has singed a 1 yr deal and is to become our Ambassador to the USA, smart move by Levy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,633 ✭✭✭golfball37

Brad has singed a 1 yr deal and is to become our Ambassador to the USA, smart move by Levy

He's gonna be a pundit on RTE for world cup I understand. Himself and Ossie meaning two from Spurs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Being linked with Loic Remy, apparently we've met the buy out clause and he's agreed 'in prinicple' to join but is awaiting an offer from the gooners. Typcial Spurs headline.

Advertisement