Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Transfer Gossip

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭-gilly-09-

Villa have agreed a price for Hutton! Good news

Source? I always liked Hutton more than Corluka, but if its true bout a bust up with harry, there is no point in having him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Corluka is the better defensively.
    Hutton is better going forward.
    Defending is the priority.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Sorry no source except twitter and other boards where it seems to of been taken as solid.
    I also think Charlie let's Lennon have more freedom and he works better because of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

wellboys wrote: »
    i dunnno about Rossi.
    I dont follow the spanish football all that much but it looks as if any reasonable player can score 15-25 goals a season.
    Hopefully Im wrong

He scored 32 in all comps last season, only others to beat that in la liga were Messi and Ronaldo iirc. He's got wicked pace and an eye for goal.. Exactly what we need. He's better than any striker we have!
    Terrible interview from modric today with Croat media. Blasts levy and says the meeting convinced him that leaving spurs is right thing to do. Totally disrespected the club

We have a real problem now. Sell him and levy looks like a fool or keep an unhappy player

I have changed my mind, I say sell for 30 plus drogba

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

mickman wrote: »
    Terrible interview from modric today with Croat media. Blasts levy and says the meeting convinced him that leaving spurs is right thing to do. Totally disrespected the club

We have a real problem now. Sell him and levy looks like a fool or keep an unhappy player

I have changed my mind, I say sell for 30 plus drogba

Bit naive of modric to trust a verbal agreement and then sign a 6 year deal.

In Levy we trust

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Until I see a live interview I believe this is just another media attempt to unsettle the player.

Who signs a six year deal and then says they have a gentlemen's agreement to leave the club if a bigger club makes an offer?! Why would you not put a release clause in your contract?!

Either this is bull**** or the player and his agent are very naive....

If it's true let him sit in the dressing room while the Spurs go marching on;)

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭wellboys

Shocking interview.. I'm going to wait until I see an interview in video before I truly believe what he's said. Saying that it seems he is really trying to push this move through. No player is bigger than the club.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Wendell Gee

Just posted on the "will Modric stay or go". What's being reported means that Levy and Harry have to connect with the player to get him to stay. Football is nearly buggered when Chelski and Citeh can pay the wages they can and wreck the heads of practically any footballer in Christendom- witness Rooney last season and Gerrard a couple of years ago, throw in Nasri now.
    He's probably going to go, and on Chelsea's terms to some degree. I think we should hawk him to the Milan's and the 2 big Spanish clubs for 35m. To hell with him, the horse he rode in on, and the Blue scum who tapped him up.
    Levy should tell him if he wants out, he's leaving the Premiership. End of.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,744 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

The agreement was if " a bigger club" come in for him. I think Levy was probably thinking of Barca, Real, Bayern or similar and not chelsea/city type clubs.

Sounds like the agent is stirring things up. Why wouldnt he.. a new contract or a move will generate a huge mount of income for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭-gilly-09-

Shocked at Modric, if that interview is true. Cant believe he wants to go to a club that has had so many different managers and lack of managerial stability. In fairness to Chelsea they have been there or there abouts over the last few years. Although they have an aging squad and only finished second last year cause arsenal were horrendous towards the end of the season. Who wants to sign him even, they had no manager when they were eying him up, does Roman or AVB want him.

I don't doubt that any club would want him, just think Chelsea are arseways sometimes and may be about to go through a transition form the old stock to new. Spurs are trying to build on 2 very good seasons and buy in keys ares( I hope). Just wish he'd give us a season or two to show were might be able to really challenge at the top. Rant over

• Advertisement

Spurs miss out on ace Leandro

Published: Today

TOTTENHAM'S hopes of signing Leandro Damiao are over after he signed a new contract with Internacional.

Spurs had been tracking the 21-year-old Brazilian striker for several months but any deal looks dead after he penned fresh terms on a bumper five-year contract.
    Coach Paulo Roberto Falcao said: "Plaudits must go to president Giovanni Luigi, who did a tremendous effort to keep him with us for this season.
    "This new agreement gives us peace and we can now close the talk of his departure.
    "Now Leandro Damiao is at a wage level with the most valued players in the country."
    Damiao scored nine goals in 30 league games for Internacional last season and has made two appearances for the Brazilian national team

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3688379/Tottenham-miss-out-on-signing-Internacional-star-Leandro-Damiao.html#ixzz1RnK6ObEy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

ffs here we go again..iv a feeling we're going to f**k up this transfer window if we don't get a move on with some signings soon or we'll end up panic buying at the last minute.can we not just get signings early for once and give them time to gel with the squad:mad:

We dont know what goes on behind closed doors but Levy has to know that we've messed up big time in the last few windows with not securing the big striker we need. The fans are screaming out for a striker. I think levy will splash out and 2 or 3 big players will come in showing real intent.

Hope your right levy needs to pull the finger out this time because if we don't get the 20 goal a season striker we crave its going to be back to 7th or 8th place finishes again..I don't think i could handle that again:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

nice one that's a good start at least he's a striker.
    must have a look on youtube to see if there's anything about him

We were linked with him back at Easter I think hopefully he turns out better than dos santos.

We were linked with him back at Easter I think hopefully he turns out better than dos santos.

Same here dos santos had great potential but from some reports he's a party boy and liked his booze.lets hope this lad hits the ground running from the start.

Unknown quantity.
    Very young, could be anything...
    We need something for today, not tomorrow.

Diarra anyone? Left out of the Real pre season tour, played under Harry before. If Palacios leaves he is a definite upgrade.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

wellboys wrote: »
    Diarra anyone? Left out of the Real pre season tour, played under Harry before. If Palacios leaves he is a definite upgrade.

id say diarra is a huge possibility - he is a top player and streets ahead of palacious. would a midfield of diarra and sandro / tom be good enough?

it could be if diarra broke up the play, tom / sandro sprayed it to the wings, lennon and bale fly up the wing and deliver good crosses in

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Once Modric leaves, and at this stage i'd say it's fairly certain, then we need to spend big and spend quickly. Splash 30 million on a new striker, sign Pjanic and another midfielder, and move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭gar

we need to lose a rake of midfielders before getting thinking of getting more.

as for good crosses into the box i hope lennon has been going to sumer camp for that!!

Looks like we have signed pedroza on a 3 year deal. Tribal football (I know) have some quotes saying as much and that after pre season they will decide on a loan or move him into the first team.

gar wrote: »
    as for good crosses into the box i hope lennon has been going to sumer camp for that!!

:D:D:D good one

There was a chap on britians got talent last year who could do the same thing.

Is he the next Dos Santos or the next Fabregas, who knows. Who cares.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭ruiseal

Harry Redknapp is planning a £150 million transfer rampage in an attempt to get his Spurs side back into the top 4.

The Spurs head coach has already put his feelers out to try and entice Europe’s elite to White Hart Lane, with names such as Samuel Eto’o, Juan Mata and Bayern Munich pair Bastian Schmeinsteiger & Frank Ribery all being linked with a move to the North London club.

Questions were asked as to where the transfer would come from, with Redknapp apparently only having £7 million to spend and previously claiming that he would need to sell before he could buy.

The answer appears to be one big gamble as a source close to the club has revealed, “Euro-millions, we have put the whole £7 million of our transfer budget on the Euro-millions. We have bought 3.5 million tickets and are extremely optimistic of winning the £166 million up for grabs. Daniel Levy has done the maths and it makes total sense, we cannot believe no other club are doing it. Champions League here we come.”

Harry Redknapp is fully behind the high risk strategy knowing that “it is win or bust”, adding “If we want to get back to Europe’s top table we need big money and at the moment this is our only option. The lads have all done their bit filling in the numbers. With everyone using birthdays, house numbers and their age…… we soon had 30 lines filled in, the other 3 million odd we just put on lucky dip.”

“Of course we have a contingency plan if, God forbid, the numbers don’t come in. Big Joe Jordan is still fit enough to do a job, as are little Clive Allen and mid-size Tim Sherwood and if the worst comes to the worst I’m sure our Jamie is still up for a kick about.”

“Just think, this time tomorrow we will be millionaires.”

ruiseal wrote: »
    Harry Redknapp is planning a £150 million transfer rampage in an attempt to get his Spurs side back into the top 4.

The Spurs head coach has already put his feelers out to try and entice Europe’s elite to White Hart Lane, with names such as Samuel Eto’o, Juan Mata and Bayern Munich pair Bastian Schmeinsteiger & Frank Ribery all being linked with a move to the North London club.

Questions were asked as to where the transfer would come from, with Redknapp apparently only having £7 million to spend and previously claiming that he would need to sell before he could buy.

The answer appears to be one big gamble as a source close to the club has revealed, “Euro-millions, we have put the whole £7 million of our transfer budget on the Euro-millions. We have bought 3.5 million tickets and are extremely optimistic of winning the £166 million up for grabs. Daniel Levy has done the maths and it makes total sense, we cannot believe no other club are doing it. Champions League here we come.”

Harry Redknapp is fully behind the high risk strategy knowing that “it is win or bust”, adding “If we want to get back to Europe’s top table we need big money and at the moment this is our only option. The lads have all done their bit filling in the numbers. With everyone using birthdays, house numbers and their age…… we soon had 30 lines filled in, the other 3 million odd we just put on lucky dip.”

“Of course we have a contingency plan if, God forbid, the numbers don’t come in. Big Joe Jordan is still fit enough to do a job, as are little Clive Allen and mid-size Tim Sherwood and if the worst comes to the worst I’m sure our Jamie is still up for a kick about.”

“Just think, this time tomorrow we will be millionaires.”

Sounds pretty believable :p

Git!! :D

I was so excited for the first 2-3 paragraphs!

• Advertisement

Christ sun saying Dawson wants out after being offered a derisory pay rise which would have him earn less than 40k a week. Given their recent success in breaking these stupid stories I'm worried :(

Advertisement