Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Transfer Gossip

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

jobeenfitz wrote: »
    So not very top notch then?

Ah well I mean he's the kinda player who could really be a hero at a club the size of Hull.

Hope it works out for him.

Both the Mail and Mirror have it that Ben Davies is done for 8m, he's on his way to London to finalise. Fingers crossed

Better value than an overpriced Luke Shaw

FR47dq2fYC

Can't see this being a bad signing, he's proven in the Premiership. Just how good he can be remains to be seen but he's an upgrade on Rose for starters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

This is the stats image I was trying to post

BnYh6rcIUAAxPM2.png:medium

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭awkwardboy

Ormus wrote: »
    Can't see this being a bad signing, he's proven in the Premiership. Just how good he can be remains to be seen but he's an upgrade on Rose for starters.

This is very true but then again the bar is set pretty low there when it come to Rose!

awkwardboy wrote: »
    This is very true but then again the bar is set pretty low there when it come to Rose!

True, but it's rare these days to be able to sign someone for 6m who goes straight into the first 11 and significantly improves a position.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

This is the stats image I was trying to post

BnYh6rcIUAAxPM2.png:medium

Just dont let Swansea see that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,632 ✭✭✭Glebee

I like the look of that Dos Santos chap from Mexio. We should buy him:D

Glebee wrote: »
    I like the look of that Dos Santos chap from Mexio. We should buy him:D

We couldn't tame him, liked the London nightlife too much but we made some nice money from him with a Daniel Levy sell on clause.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Spurs 'ITK' view on Davies...
    This information has taken a while to trickle though to our source but Ben Davies was expected to visit the training ground at the start of this week to discuss terms. As we're late with this it may have already happened.

Italian papers claim Cambiasso's search for a new club is over, he will sign with Tottenham imminently

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

It's hotting up, being linked with a host of players.

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    It's hotting up, being linked with a host of players.

Well today is the first day of the transfer window.

An itk said this about possible Lukaku deal
    Chelsea would sell to us if we offered the right money! We tend to get creative on deals and they want a fast clean cash transaction!
    Jose doesn't rate Lukaku (no ball control) and its going to be interesting where he goes and we are one of the clubs interested in him.

Lukaku has had a pretty awful World Cup, then again so has the entire Belgian side. Hoping the States put them out of their misery.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Left Back on the Bench

Don't see the point in signing cambiasso, we have capoue and Sandro. Ben Davies would be a very good signing and Lukaku. Scored goals in the premier league over 2 seasons and 1 was with West Brom.

Lukaku has had a pretty awful World Cup, then again so has the entire Belgian side. Hoping the States put them out of their misery.

I wouldn't judge that, looks like the stage is too big and too much hype. They should do well in the Euros. Lukaku had some season with Everton last year, would be an excellent signing

Don't see the point in signing cambiasso, we have capoue and Sandro. Ben Davies would be a very good signing and Lukaku. Scored goals in the premier league over 2 seasons and 1 was with West Brom.

He's won a hell of a lot throughout his career, there's no experience in our midfield. Can only see it being beneficial.

I wouldn't judge that, looks like the stage is too big and too much hype. They should do well in the Euros. Lukaku had some season with Everton last year, would be an excellent signing

He'd be a good singing if the fee wasn't over blown, there doesn't seem to be a queue of clubs after him. I still have my doubt's.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Left Back on the Bench

He's won a hell of a lot throughout his career, there's no experience in our midfield. Can only see it being beneficial.

Fair enough its great experience and it might rub off on the others. Just don't think it's improving us, would've preferred a ball player. Hope I'm wrong and he does well for us

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭awkwardboy

Perhaps he is being brought in to help Lamela settle quicker?

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

Sandro regular starter...Cambiasso back up....
    £10m for Capoue for spending in the shops...Buying his own players.

• Advertisement

Harry Hotspur - reporting a fee has been agreed with Hull for Dawson.
    http://theboyhotspur.com/fee-agreed/?

Hope that's the plan.

One of the biggest problems last year was the lack of a leader on the field

Interesting to see who he makes captain.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Interesting to see who he makes captain.

Lloris if he's still there?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

I was thinking this myself... but I just had a look there and Cambiasso played 32 league matches for Inter last year. He's played over 30 league matches for 9 of his 10 seasons at Inter. Maybe Poch is just looking for consistency?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,632 ✭✭✭Glebee

Something thats been bugging me for a while on the thread....Can somebody please change the first page of this thread. Everytime I open it up I get Charlie Adams mug looking at me and my heart sinks to think we were anyway linked in signing him

I was thinking this myself... but I just had a look there and Cambiasso played 32 league matches for Inter last year. He's played over 30 league matches for 9 of his 10 seasons at Inter. Maybe Poch is just looking for consistency?

He'll be 34 in August. Regardless of how consistent he's been in the past, it's unlikely he'll play that much in the future.

Could do a job as experienced backup but that's about it.

Glebee wrote: »
    Something thats been bugging me for a while on the thread....Can somebody please change the first page of this thread. Everytime I open it up I get Charlie Adams mug looking at me and my heart sinks to think we were anyway linked in signing him

I think it's valuable to see that as a reminder to fans how often they fall for the flavour of the month.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Ormus wrote: »
    I think it's valuable to see that as a reminder to fans how often they fall for the flavour of the month.

they? we is us :pac:

Advertisement