Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Transfer Gossip

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

they? we is us :pac:

Ha, yeah I guess I was trying to exclude myself, but there was probably a time when I was outraged that Levy wouldn't pull the finger out and pay 25m for Leandro Damiao

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Napoli and Sandro still making the rounds? You'd hope it's bóllocks, Paulinho needs rid of.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2677076/Tottenham-demand-20million-Sandro-Napoli-express-interest.html

Triple deal with Swansea? Vorm is a fine keeper, personally I'd prefer Bony over Lukaku.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2677148/Swansea-demand-45m-Wilfried-Bony-Michel-Vorm-Ben-Davies-amid-Tottenham-Liverpool.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Sugarlumps wrote: »

Hopefully not Vorm. That'd mean Lloris is leaving. Brad signed a new one year deal, so he'll be number two for the coming season.

Hopefully not Vorm. That'd mean Lloris is leaving. Brad signed a new one year deal, so he'll be number two for the coming season.

Yeah I can't see us getting in Vorm as backup, so if he does sign, it will probably signal the end of Lloris as a Spur

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    Napoli and Sandro still making the rounds? You'd hope it's bóllocks, Paulinho needs rid of.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2677076/Tottenham-demand-20million-Sandro-Napoli-express-interest.html

Triple deal with Swansea? Vorm is a fine keeper, personally I'd prefer Bony over Lukaku.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2677148/Swansea-demand-45m-Wilfried-Bony-Michel-Vorm-Ben-Davies-amid-Tottenham-Liverpool.html

I'd love if we got Bony

I think we will get Davies

• Advertisement

ITK gossip:
    we are still negotiating with swansea over ben davies:
    We are not too far off an agreement, but they are pushing £10 million rather than the £8 million. They are very keen on Gylfi too but of course Levy wants to make a profit on him.

The ITKs are saying we're interested in Lovren and Jay Rodriguez. Lovren has handed in a transfer request but isn't putting on any pressure yet, while Rodriguez is interested in joining us. The only problem is what we want to pay and what they're looking for is miles off.... no surprise there, probably the case at the start of all transfer deals.

The interesting thing in watching this is, will Levy play Real Madrid-esque 'tapping up' tactics as the deal rolls on?

On a separate note, I'd be very happy with Lovren. Though I'm not 100% happy with Rodriguez. I fear one good season could have boosted his price far beyond where it should be. Also, he's got a serious injury. They take time to heal - mentally and physically, with the potential for recurrence. Anything over £8-10m is ridiculous for Rodriguez....imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Another loan?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I'd be fairly pee'd off if I was him now. He needs to go to a club and spend a few years there, rather than being somewhere different every season.

Spurs pre-season starts today.

And here's some ITK info;
    I thought I would clear a few things up as some of you seem to think we are just fixed on one player.

Before Poch went away, he Baldini and the chairman, met and discussed this summers possible ins and outs, Poch made them aware that LB,LWF, CB and CF are his main areas of concern.

They are the areas we are looking for players. They will be looking to trim the squad in an effort to give some of our promising youngsters more first team exposure.

We have Cash but unless we get a deal that is "out of this world" do not expect a significant net spend.

Loveren, Rodriguez, Remy are all on our radar. The club feel that we need to add a mixture of home grown and premiership exp players to the squad, partly as many of the players that are dispensable are even home grown or have significant premiership experience, unlike last summer Poch and Baldini will not look to solve all our requirements at once and it will be a gradual process.

We will also be looking to free spaces before bringing too many new players so it could well be a case of 1/2 out 1 in at a time. Poch really is concerned that certain players (usual suspects) do not fit his style or the attitude required.

I think we will probably only end up with a LB Davies deal is not far from being concluded, CH looking at 3/4 not all from Prem and a LWF. A lot of these deals are dependant on prices, players leaving etc and balance and make up of the squad.

Baldini is also looking to bring in a few younger players.

As for a striker unlikely to be any major movement unless we sell. Ade is on ridiculous wages so very hard to move him on, after initial interest from Spanish clubs it has gone quiet on Soldado.

Don't panic loads going on and things can change very quickly, especially as clubs start pre season.

More info on Davies' deal;
    We've been told that the Davies deal is agreed in principle but waiting to see if Sig goes the other way before announcing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Lightbulb Sun

Why is everyone being linked with Napoli? Capoue a while back, Sandro and now Chadli.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

Why is everyone being linked with Napoli? Capoue a while back, Sandro and now Chadli.

Baldini

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Zero chance of getting Loverns now. He's already singing YNWA by the sounds of it.
    All these Southampton players on the move and doesn't look like we are getting any of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭yiddo59

Zero chance of getting Loverns now. He's already singing YNWA by the sounds of it.
    All these Southampton players on the move and doesn't look like we are getting any of them.

Mightn't be a bad thing. We finished 13 points ahead of them and beat them twice with deadwood in charge!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Martin567

On a general point regarding transfers, Spurs were strongly criticised last season (largely with the benefit of hindsight) for selling Bale and replacing him with 6 or 7 players of far lower values. As the season wore on, several experts claimed it was far too many new players to attempt to integrate at the same time and was always doomed to failure. Spurs would apparently have been better advised to follow Liverpool's example.

It seems to me as though Liverpool are now set to carry out a strategy very similar to Spurs' of last summer. Only as the season progresses will we be able to judge how successful it is but it is highly likely that some of their new signings will struggle to make much impact in their first season. Even established PL players like Lambert and Lallana are far from certain to be an immediate hit at Anfield.

I just wonder if the UK media, overflowing as it is with ex Liverpool players, will draw any such parallels during this transfer window. I believe both Spurs last year and Liverpool now have had very little choice in the transfer policy to operate. Success or otherwise will be determined by how well chosen the new signings actually are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

I saw a post on facebook yesterday i think it was...
    This day last year we signed Paulinho !!
    I didnt realise we had signed anyone so early, and here i am thinking that its too early to get our signings in this season......
    Get your finger out Morry...(my nickname for Mauricio), (could be a poll as what we address him as for the coming season), love a poll i do.;)
    Personally, i only want Players from within the EPL this season.
    Davies, Loveren, Bony, Lukaku, Remy etc...obviously not all them, but i think we have our fill of foreign players who i feel will come good this coming season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

I didnt realise we had signed anyone so early, and here i am thinking that its too early to get our signings in this season......

Pre season started the other day for the first team, so would have been nice to have new signings in as early as possible into that. Could be our quietest summer in years, and that may be a good thing.

mushykeogh wrote: »
    Pre season started the other day for the first team, so would have been nice to have new signings in as early as possible into that. Could be our quietest summer in years, and that may be a good thing.

The big difference is this year we have no question hanging over our best player like we had the last two years running (Modric and Bale) and our best player (Eriksen) is settled and happy to stay. I'm looking forward to pre-season.

The big difference is this year we have no question hanging over our best player like we had the last two years running (Modric and Bale) and our best player (Eriksen) is settled and happy to stay. I'm looking forward to pre-season.

Touch wood

Spurs Community ITK Gossip;

Three different posts with varying views on old and new transfer links...

Ali Z: We have alternatives [to davies], one of them really excites me, update when i can.

Trix: Just heard a new name mentioned(LB) not linked to us exactly, but according to an agent(not the player in question's agent mind ) could very well be London bound as talks are taking place with his agent in London. have just PM'd Ali because if it is the same guy and there is a reason Ali can't say I'd rather not be the one to blame for us missing out :smiley36:. If it is a different name to the one Ali has heard, I will post what I have been told.

Ali Z: Club has been offered 3 alternatives by agents 2 of them cheaper than Davies, as Storts says Moreno is gettable as well but very expensive. Love to tell you the name of LB that I am excited about but can't as sworn to secrecy.

Trix: OK the name I was given was Bastian Oczipka. I don't know much more than his agent is apparently in London and is here because of Bastian. Not sure how many other London clubs are after a LB though so could very well be us.

Ali Z: Just to confirm name has been mentioned to me but not as strongly as the LB that I want.

A couple of snippets have reached The Goat. Don't read too much into this Davies gazumped business just yet and the stories about Vorm are based on nothing more than an enquiry at the end of last season.

We have cooled on Davies and Lovren, other irons in the fire (and no thats not cryptic for a spammer).

Been told that after the returned players had there post holiday fitness assessments and Poch spoke to the whole squad, he has spoken to each individual about what he is expecting from them and had frank exchanges in an open two way sort of way.

Club still expecting an anouncement on CPO very soon, if they don't get it expect the balloon to go up about the delay.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Might be a few Brazilians going cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,632 ✭✭✭Glebee

irishmover wrote: »

Fred.... Could you imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Left Back on the Bench

We don't want anymore!!!!!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

I don't even know where the one we have will play under poch :pac:

• Advertisement

Dodged a bullet on Hulk too when AVB wanted him, can you imagine the waste of 20m

Advertisement