Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Transfer Gossip

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Jason 5pu45

Spurs owners must feel about Paulinho the way people who bought Garth Brooks tickets feel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭DildoFaggins

Spurs owners must feel about Paulinho the way people who bought Garth Brooks tickets feel.

Jaysus I wonder how PSG owners feel :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭awkwardboy

I thought Paulinho did ok, just ok. Not as much of an embarrassment as some of the other Brazilian "players". He'll be a good squad player for us, nothing special, just average and will do better against poorer opposition. Agree with some of the other comments on Hulk, we certainly dodged a bullet there. Listening to Barry Glendenning this morning he mentioned that if you threw a stick on Copacabana beach you would probably hit someone who would do a better job for Brazil than Fred or Hulk. Hard to disagree with that really.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,633 ✭✭✭golfball37

Paulinho is an embarrassment and some of us have being saying so since last August.

When someone who can't even control a football can get in the Brazil midfield you know they are goosed. He's not good enough for our midfield ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

golfball37 wrote: »
    Paulinho is an embarrassment and some of us have being saying so since last August.

When someone who can't even control a football can get in the Brazil midfield you know they are goosed. He's not good enough for our midfield ffs.

The fact we spent 17 million on him makes it embarrassing for Spurs and their scouting network.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

KingdomYid wrote: »
    The fact we spent 17 million on him makes it embarrassing for Spurs and their scouting network.

He's been a regular for about 3 years for a team which was one of the favourites for the World Cup.

He played very well in the Confederations Cup against some top opposition.

You won't get many players with those credentials for less than 20m

Unfortunately, he is useless. We'd probably still get most of that transfer fee back though, wouldn't we?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

Looks like remy is off to the gooners. Really pisses me off we didn't get anywhere near signing him I think he'll be a top class striker soon. Them signing remy Sanchez and debuchy has me worried about next season. Gonna be very hard to get near the top 4

tom1ie wrote: »
    Looks like remy is off to the gooners. Really pisses me off we didn't get anywhere near signing him I think he'll be a top class striker soon. Them signing remy Sanchez and debuchy has me worried about next season. Gonna be very hard to get near the top 4

Liverpool won't have Suarez and will be playing CL football. We can definitely finish ahead of them if everything went well for us. I agree though Arsenal will have pulled further away from us should all those come to pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Liverpool won't have Suarez and will be playing CL football. We can definitely finish ahead of them if everything went well for us. I agree though Arsenal will have pulled further away from us should all those come to pass.

So only one of Utd, Arsenal, City & Chelsea to beat for 4th, no problem ;)

Our only hope is that each of the players who were cack last season, like Paulinho, Soldado & Lamela (I know he was injured, etc) have an absolute blinder and the new players in the other teams, like at Utd, don't settle.

I'll be curious to see how we do next season, obviously, but I can't see us getting top 4 at all, especially with the Europa League.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,632 ✭✭✭Glebee

Id be slightly optamistic for next season. Hopefully all players are fully settled in now and the manager gets the most out of them. When you list out the likes of Soldado, Lamalla, Erikson, Chandili, Vlad, Vertongan, Lloris, Paulinho, Capoue, Sandro, Dembelle, Bentaleb to name a few, on papers its the makings of a good squad. I hope

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Lloris pens five-year deal at Tottenham

“I spoke with the Chairman and I know the Club is as ambitious as ever,” said Hugo. “It’s very important to feel at home at a club and for my family to feel well. I enjoy a great relationship with the Club and the fans. The arrival of Mauricio Pochettino is important as well. I have a good feeling with him. He is also ambitious.
    “Everything is clear in my head and if I’ve signed a new contract it’s because I trust the Club and I’m sure we will progress in a positive way.
    “Last season wasn’t the season we all hoped for but we were still able to finish sixth in the league. We know where we have to improve, the Club also knows and there is a feeling and a confident connection between the Club and the players.”

• Registered Users Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭celt262

Brave man if he trusts Levy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    Lloris pens five-year deal at Tottenham

“I spoke with the Chairman and I know the Club is as ambitious as ever,” said Hugo. “It’s very important to feel at home at a club and for my family to feel well. I enjoy a heart relationship with the Club and the fans. The arrival of Mauricio Pochettino is important as well. I have a good feeling with him. He is also ambitious.
    “Everything is clear in my head and if I’ve signed a new contract it’s because I trust the Club and I’m sure we will progress in a positive way.
    “Last season wasn’t the season we all hoped for but we were still able to finish sixth in the league. We know where we have to improve, the Club also knows and there is a feeling and a confident connection between the Club and the players.”

That's just made my day

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

New club captain?

Could be our signing of the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭slegs

Lloris signing could be the key to closing some of the Davies/Lukaku type transactions. Real statement of intent from the club and Lloris.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

slegs wrote: »
    Lloris signing could be the key to closing some of the Davies/Lukaku type transactions. Real statement of intent from the club and Lloris.

Zackley!!!!!

Now if we could only sign Fred...:D

Glebee wrote: »
    Now if we could only sign Fred...:D

I'd take both members of Right Said Fred before that lad..

I'd take both members of Right Said Fred before that lad..

lol, How about Fred the butcher that used to be in Coronation St as well..

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭DaDerv

I'm surprised (and delighted obviously) that Lloris signed a new contract. I think with the way top players acted in the past with Spurs i half expected him to maybe force a move! He was surely offered captaincy aswell? And Poch assured him Dawson and Rose wont be in front of him this season.

• Advertisement

Talk of a few clubs including Barca interested in Vertongen, I've seen the figure of 17m. Personally the way he didn't give a sh1t last year disgusts me, wouldn't be sorry if Levy cashes in and reinvests

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Talk of a few clubs including Barca interested in Vertongen, I've seen the figure of 17m. Personally the way he didn't give a sh1t last year disgusts me, wouldn't be sorry if Levy cashes in and reinvests

Same here. Very overrated as a defender. If he knuckled down he could be good but he might not be the type to do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

I'd like to see him given one more season. He was brilliant during the first season. I think we all lost a little faith and enthusiasm come the end of last season. It was a nightmare for the players as well as the fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭fabvinny

if that clown david luis is worth 50 million, super Jan is worth double!!!!icon7.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭yiddo59

Ormus wrote: »
    Same here. Very overrated as a defender. If he knuckled down he could be good but he might not be the type to do that.

Totally agree. His ego is way bigger than his talent.
    I'd like to see him given one more season. He was brilliant during the first season. I think we all lost a little faith and enthusiasm come the end of last season. It was a nightmare for the players as well as the fans.

We certainly did but Vertonghen was ahead of everyone. He lost his enthusiasm early on. Remember him nitching about playing left full under AVB.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

Vertongen is a class act, the fact that he hasn't got a nobody like sherwood talking sheit about the game to him next season may help… same as for Paulinho, soldado, lamala etc...

Vertongen is a class act, the fact that he hasn't got a nobody like sherwood talking sheit about the game to him next season may help… same as for Paulinho, soldado, lamala etc...

Paulinho? Stop it he's beyond help. Seen him refered to Jenasinho on another Spurs forum :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

yiddo59 wrote: »
    Paulinho? Stop it he's beyond help. Seen him refered to Jenasinho on another Spurs forum :D

give him a season under a decent motivational manager and then judge him, a lot of people where getting on his back last season and at the WC, but he was good under AVB and I honestly think he has what it takes. To many anti-brazil wand wagon jumpers around these days imho

give him a season under a decent motivational manager and then judge him, a lot of people where getting on his back last season and at the WC, but he was good under AVB and I honestly think he has what it takes. To many anti-brazil wand wagon jumpers around these days imho

Hope you're right but can't see it. He wasn;t bad under AVB but nothing special. Ossie had it nailed on when he said a couple of weeks ago not good enough for Spurs, Not good enough for Brazil.

• Advertisement

Have to say though, he did look good this time last year in the Youtube clips from Corinthians, he looked like a Frank Lampard type box to box midfielder with an eye for goal. They were very upset he left. Maybe Poch being South American can get the best from him cos I don't think he'll leave.

Sadly I think we'll be losing Verts and possibly Sandro, I'm gonna cry when the beast leaves :(

Advertisement