Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Transfer Gossip

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

Have to say though, he did look good this time last year in the Youtube clips from Corinthians, he looked like a Frank Lampard type box to box midfielder with an eye for goal. They were very upset he left. Maybe Poch being South American can get the best from him cos I don't think he'll leave.

Sadly I think we'll be losing Verts and possibly Sandro, I'm gonna cry when the beast leaves :(

Means not an awful lot.....Remember during AVBs "timeout" he spent a lot of time in Brazil, coaching or watching Brazilians.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Means not an awful lot.....Remember during AVBs "timeout" he spent a lot of time in Brazil, coaching or watching Brazilians.....

He never said what type of Brazilians though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

Talk on Twitter of Micah Richards

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Wouldn't turn my nose at him that for sure.

English. Proven EPL. Would provide proper competition to Walker.

Wouldn't turn my nose at him that for sure.

English. Proven EPL. Would provide proper competition to Walker.

You did see how England's World Cup campaign went right?!

• Advertisement

Here's certainly a huge upgrade on Naughton, as good as, at times better than Walker, would be a good addition

irishmover wrote: »
    You did see how England's World Cup campaign went right?!

I don't follow. Whats that got to do with Richards (or walker)

Here's certainly a huge upgrade on Naughton, as good as, at times better than Walker, would be a good addition

Swansea want naughton as part of Ben Davies deal. Win win situation.

I don't follow. Whats that got to do with Richards (or walker)

Rubbish team with us wanting to sign players who couldn't even make the rubbish team.

Rubbish team with us wanting to sign players who couldn't even make the rubbish team.

Ok, who do you suggest we go for instead? Remember if we want rid of a homegrown player we need a homegrown. We have a good few to move on

• Advertisement

Ok, who do you suggest we go for instead? Remember if we want rid of a homegrown player we need a homegrown. We have a good few to move on

Leichsteiner is 30 but would force Walker to up his game. He'd most probably come in and do a good job straight away and would be cheap.

Micah Richards isn't much of an improvement on Walker and would probably cost twice as much as Leichsteiner.

Leichsteiner is 30 but would force Walker to up his game. He'd most probably come in and do a good job straight away and would be cheap.

Micah Richards isn't much of an improvement on Walker and would probably cost twice as much as Leichsteiner.

You do understand if we sell Naughton, Dawson or Rose we can only replace with an overpriced homegrown. I suspect we will also be offloading Siggy as being homegrown he is easily sold

You do understand if we sell Naughton, Dawson or Rose we can only replace with an overpriced homegrown. I suspect we will also be offloading Siggy as being homegrown he is easily sold

Can we just go on holiday from August 31st to September 2nd or is that just Football Manager? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

With fitness and regular football Richards has potential to be a top defender. Walker doesn't. I'd like us to take a chance on Richards. Can fill in at centre back too.

For some reason I thought Richards was available on a free. Still if he's going for around the 5M he'd be worth a punt.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

For some reason I thought Richards was available on a free. Still if he's going for around the 5M he'd be worth a punt.

What about him at CB inbetween walker & Vertongan?

KingJamsie wrote: »
    What about him at CB inbetween walker & Vertongan?

CB cover. Another reason to consider him.
    Plenty of pace too for the high line.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭yiddo59

Apparently tomorrows Telegraph is running a story saying that Juve want Paulinho for 20m. I'm off to light some candles and say a few prayers ;)

yiddo59 wrote: »
    Apparently tomorrows Telegraph is running a story saying that Juve want Paulinho for 20m. I'm off to light some candles and say a few prayers ;)

Ffs, I'll start the van

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

Ffs, I'll start the van

Il give you the petrol money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭nbar12

Can we just go on holiday from August 31st to September 2nd or is that just Football Manager? :pac:

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who did that :pac:

20mil for Paulinho would be ridiculous, we could buy a team of Gary Breens with that

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

But Paulinho to Juve means Vidal to United...conundrum.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Apparently we bought a young African called "Yahaya" over the weekend. Here's some info on him;
    Checked COYS on the way in and saw the Yahaya thread so thought I'd see what anyone knew about him. One of the agents seemed very surprised we had got him as he said Citeh were very much interested in him as "he is going to be the next big African player". There was also a Villa scout on board who had watched all of the the U17 world cup, where he stood out head and shoulders above everybody(which led to some joking about how old he actually was) and said they had been very interested but knew they had no chance considering the clubs looking at him. He also said IF(this word was emphasised) he settles quickly to life in England he could very well be in and around the match day squad very quickly HE IS THAT GOOD.

He also said it should help that he has family living in London, which was speculated as to why he chose us over some others, it was also reiterated(by an agent) that our behind the scenes people are excellent at helping foreign players settle. They all seemed to agree it was a massive coup for us considering most of Europe's elite were looking to bring him in. Worth noting none of them had heard he had actually signed for us though.There were some other bits and pieces and a few bits of phone conversations that I partially over heard, when they were actually speaking in English. One of the agents speaks five languages and told me he had had to learn three of them in the space of 18 months!!

Apparently we bought a young African called "Yahaya" over the weekend. Here's some info on him;

Hmmm was I ITK or something????!

I said this in February

Ade has malaria, no pre-season for him
    http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/adebayor-update-130714/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Soldado should take full advantage of the situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,633 ✭✭✭golfball37

We should put in a bid to Ajax for Daley Blind imo. Eriksen and Vertonghen might have a bit of pull.

Hmmm was I ITK or something????!

I said this in February

Loads of teams are after him. I'm sure there was similar posts on many different forums.

Sure we'll see if we sign him.

Did you know he's going off to Celta Vigo on loan as soon as we sign him? ;)

ITK re: Vertonghen
    Jan has told us that he is open to signing a new contract. Negotiations started before the WC and look to be concluded before too long.

If this is true, it's good to see the likes of Lloris and Vertonghen committing. It sends a strong message.

• Advertisement

We are pleased to report that Emmanuel Adebayor has been released from hospital after being admitted on Saturday suffering from a mild bout of malaria.
    http://m.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/ade-latest-140714/

Advertisement