Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Transfer Gossip

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Loads of teams are after him. I'm sure there was similar posts on many different forums.

Sure we'll see if we sign him.

Did you know he's going off to Celta Vigo on loan as soon as we sign him? ;)

Yes actually. That was what I heard in February too... Are you sure this isn't someone repeating what was said back then?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

irishmover wrote: »
    Yes actually. That was what I heard in February too... Are you sure this isn't someone repeating what was said back then?

You're in Australia, right? So you obviously got the news before us! :D

More bits of gossip;
    We could go after Eric Dier our scouts have watched him a lot last year. Also we have watched Matthias Ginter as well. Both good defenders who we have been tracking. Ben Davies deal is not dead either but players agent is touting him to Liverpool more than us.

Lukaku/Bony. The Goat hears that a striker is not a priority atm. But could change if Ade is out longer than expected.
    Tevez has come from a few reliable sources some from ex players who are well connected but that deal would be tough!

Origi I'm told he doesn't want to go back to Lille on loan this may give us a chance as we have spoken to him! He prefers liv but our offer is for him to be part of 1st team not loan back! Schneiderlin poch would like! Obviously this would mean some midfielders moving on as we have many!!

Schneiderlin would like to rejoin with poch to i'm told! On the Dawson and Gylfi situation it's not so much them wanting to leave it's the Clubs that are in for them! Gylfi wud prefer swans to palace and daws wants to keep options open other than hull which is fair enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

You're in Australia, right? So you obviously got the news before us! :D

Haha... Yeh just looked there and I think it was just a pre-contract back then, never heard if he signed it or not and now this is all being confirmed. But definitely remember seeing celta Vigo loan after he signs. My dad remembers me saying that to him aswell and he's got a crap memory!

'Nigerian Iniesta' by the way... So yeh career ruined for the poor chap now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

Do we really need/want a player like Schneiderlin?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

mushykeogh wrote: »
    Do we really need/want a player like Schneiderlin?

If Poch feels he fits the bill better than someone we have then so be it, I'd prefer the manager gets who he's happy with

irishmover wrote: »
    'Nigerian Iniesta' by the way... So yeh career ruined for the poor chap now.

Ya never know, he might link up well with the African Pele (Sully Coulibaly). :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Vertonghen "going nowhere", say skysports with no recent quotes or new information provided:

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11675/9382873

More 'insider' gossip;
    Ade is ok, the decision to not let him go on pre season tour was down to the doctor treating him and was very much precautionary so that we can keep a very close eye on the situation. Ade argued his case to go, but it was felt it would probably be in his best interests to be monitored daily. Also due to the fact that we have WC players returning to London over the next few weeks, he will still be training with first team players even if he doesn't go.

Bony's agent has been touting him around all over the place. Swansea happy to move him on, but have a specific fee in mind and won't drop below it. Not sure why they want rid but his agent was given the green light to get him a move. From what I was told we weren't interested, or more to the point we are not actively looking for any forward players(ATM). Poch still wants Rodriguez and would rather wait for him.

I have heard again Oczipka is a player we have on the radar, and I know his agent was in London a week or so ago discussing the player(not sure if the discussions were with us or not though).

Defensively is where we are looking to strengthen, and Poch seems very happy with what we have from an attacking POV.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

• Advertisement

Kiith wrote: »

I pre-season I want to see Lamella, Eriksen and Holtby behind a striker with a defensive midfielder like Sandro covering their back, could be just the creativity we'd need

• Registered Users Posts: 4,633 ✭✭✭golfball37

I pre-season I want to see Lamella, Eriksen and Holtby behind a striker with a defensive midfielder like Sandro covering their back, could be just the creativity we'd need

I like the sound of that actually. Ade at his best would be perfect as point man but we'd really need a goal return from lamela akin to what he got in serie A two seasons ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Charliebull

Have people forgot about the left back situation, we have no left back and an average right back, we need rid of rose and naughton, it makes me cringe every time I see the pair of them in training, I think Daley blind is a good player but not homegrown,

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭awkwardboy

Have people forgot about the left back situation, we have no left back and an average right back, we need rid of rose and naughton, it makes me cringe every time I see the pair of them in training, I think Daley blind is a good player but not homegrown,

Absolutely. Looks like the Davies deal has gone off the boil and we're struggling now to offload Dawson. The only good news at the back is Vertonghen will probably stay and Lloris signed a new contract. Wouldn't mind Stones from Everton but someone with a bit more experience would be preferable. It's very quiet on the transfer front though, to be expected I guess but still a little unsettling given previous summers activity.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

Ive a feeling under MoPo, that because "he cant speak english", thats the reason we are not hearing all the usual rumours as such....
    Wouldnt be surprised if and when we make a signing, it'll be all done and dusted within a couple of days.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

I have my tin foil hat on, I think a lot of our signings will be done late on for reasons outside of our control, I think some players have had the carrot dangled in front of them from clubs who ultimately won't buy them. Gonna have to remind myself to remain patient :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Patww79 wrote: »
    If his style suits some of last years signings then there's not a huge pile to be bought either. I'd be well pleased with two full backs and maybe a centre half, though I think Dawson is infinitely better with Verthongen along side him in the centre.

Dawson's legs are gone, needs to go, should be easy shift as he's homegrown

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Hammar

It's a shame Poch wouldn't go with a back three,so we could dump all our full backs. This section's collective rage during the season would surely decrease.

The Telegraph reporting Tottenham Hotspur have agreed a £10M fee with Swansea City for Ben Davies. #THFC http://t.co/bw30hzB8Jp

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 59 ✭✭Annie Oakes

i really do not rate ben davies in the slighest.. terribly slow for a full back, only playing first team with swansea a year or two and now all of a sudden hes worth 10million!? sure hes better than assou ekotto ( wudn be hard) but i thought someone like pochetino would be scouring across europe for hidden and cheaper gems just like he did at southampton, Ricardo Rodriguez would be a much better player and probably the same price. I duno maybe Poch sees something in him that I dont, hopefully anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

i really do not rate ben davies in the slighest.. terribly slow for a full back, only playing first team with swansea a year or two and now all of a sudden hes worth 10million!? sure hes better than assou ekotto ( wudn be hard) but i thought someone like pochetino would be scouring across europe for hidden and cheaper gems just like he did at southampton, Ricardo Rodriguez would be a much better player and probably the same price. I duno maybe Poch sees something in him that I dont, hopefully anyway.

Is he really that slow?

I hadn't actually noticed.

We can only buy homegrown as we need to be offloading homegrown, rules say we need to have 7 in our squad.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Hammar

We can only buy homegrown as we need to be offloading homegrown, rules say we need to have 7 in our squad.

Kyle Walker
    Aaron Lennon
    Andros Townsend
    Danny Rose
    Michael Dawson
    Siggy
    Defoe(Replaced by Harry Kane???)

Dawson and Siggy more than likely gone,so we need 2 more home, or 3 if he doesn't fancy Harry Kane.

Hammar wrote: »
    Kyle Walker
    Aaron Lennon
    Andros Townsend
    Danny Rose
    Michael Dawson
    Siggy

Dawson and Siggy more than likely gone,so we need 2 more home, or 3 if he doesn't fancy Harry Kane.

A better question is, who is worth keeping? None are good enough in my eyes, maybe Walker and Lennon

You missed Naughton on that list

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Isn't Siggy Icelandic, or am I missing something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Charliebull

Hammar wrote: »
    Kyle Walker
    Aaron Lennon
    Andros Townsend
    Danny Rose
    Michael Dawson
    Siggy

jayus please tell me you are not keeping Rosebud

A better question is, who is worth keeping? None are good enough in my eyes, maybe Walker and Lennon

You missed Naughton on that list

obika is still knocking around too :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭awkwardboy

jayus please tell me you are not keeping Rosebud

If Rose stays you can count me out! I'd rather we played with 10 men than with him in the side.

Advertisement