Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Transfer Gossip

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Patww79 wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

That makes absolutely no sense?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

SuprSi wrote: »
    Isn't Siggy Icelandic, or am I missing something?

It's got nothing to do with nationality, Siggy served his time in the youths in the UK makes him homegrown

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭DildoFaggins

The homegrown rule really is a load of bollox.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

I guess this message sums up most of the noises we've heard coming out of sources all Summer.
    Guys do not expect major signings we are in addition to these two look for another CH and a LWF as well as 2/3 younger players. We are not going to get any head line grabbing signings, Poch is building from the back and realises he can only do it through 3/4 windows not in 1.
    Jan likely to sign new deal.

If we just signed a decent young centre back and a good left-back... would everyone be happy with our lot entering the new season?

I've got the feeling Poch can increase the performance of our current squad by 10%-20%. We've a good squad, we just need confidence and motivation.

I guess this message sums up most of the noises we've heard coming out of sources all Summer.

If we just signed a decent young centre back and a good left-back... would everyone be happy with our lot entering the new season?

I've got the feeling Poch can increase the performance of our current squad by 10%-20%. We've a good squad, we just need confidence and motivation.

Totally agree, I hadn't the foggiest about any of the Southampton players until he took charge. Now many are hot property. Does he have the magic to turn our duds into studs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

He did a great job with lallana, a 26 year old with one good season under his belt, I'm mostly looking forward to seeing what he can do to get townsend playing as part of the team, big things await him with the right direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Hammar

jayus please tell me you are not keeping Rosebud

Ah it's not whom i wish to keep,only the list of our home grown players out of our 25 man squad last year. I missed Naughton as Same Ole ****e pointed out.
    I'd love to see Naughton,Rose,Dawson,Siggy all shipped out.

More ITK
    We have recieved bids for three of our players and placed bids on at least 5 to come in, with 2 accepted. Its all about wether the individuals concerned want to move either in or out as most have choices of more than one offer. We have had two bids for Dawson accepted and an enquiry about Rose (not a firm bid yet) thought to be Hull.
    Poch is concerned about our our defence and how we move the ball from back to front wants some experience in the squad , but has been impressed with some of the younger players and attitude of the players he has been working with. Vertonghen is happy to give it at least another season and will almost certainly sign a new contract, almost doubling his wages.

Been told we after a couple of "big" named players, but wages will be a problem if we can't off load a few. Apologies for being vague about some of this, but been asked not to mention too many specifics. Although we are on tour there still might be some business done as everything has been agreed in principle before they left. I am a bit Meh about a couple and excited about the rest of names mentioned, but that is my own opinion.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 59 ✭✭Annie Oakes

More ITK

who are the big name players? like really big name or are they players who barley might make our first 11? be no harm to offload 4/5 players get them off the wage bill and so on.. dawson, rose, naughton, sigurdson, chadli should all leave imo

• Advertisement

who are the big name players? like really big name or are they players who barley might make our first 11? be no harm to offload 4/5 players get them off the wage bill and so on.. dawson, rose, naughton, sigurdson, chadli should all leave imo

It's itk from someone on a Spurs forum, take it with a lorry load of of salt as it's not always reliable but can sometimes be better than the sh1te they make up in the papers, Sky Sports etc.

it's not always reliable but can sometimes be better than the sh1te they make up in the papers, Sky Sports etc.

Can't agree more. The things they post don't always come off, but that's football. Though the stuff they say is far better (and factual sounding) than the crap you read in the papers. Particularly the Spurs Community stuff, they seem to use regular trusted posters. It's the only reason I post the ITK stuff here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,633 ✭✭✭golfball37

SuprSi wrote: »
    Isn't Siggy Icelandic, or am I missing something?

He came through the Reading youth system so he qualifies as homegrown. Bentelab presumably does too?

Sandro and Vlad out of preseason, Sandro has a virus
    Bales ankle problem
    , Vlad has back injury

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/tour-squad-update-170714/

Sandro crocked again, is Vlad still carrying the same injury? Another season beckons of injuries great.

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    Sandro crocked again

No, they've said virus but more likely he's for sale. As good as he is his injury rate is a huge worry, we may be best cash in

No, they've said virus but more likely he's for sale. As good as he is his injury rate is a huge worry, we may be best cash in

Last season was a mess in midfield, players in and out of the team, no consistency. If he's gonna have another season sidelined, then I wouldn't have a problem with him being sold. Capoue can do a job there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Charliebull

i dont get this sandro love in, he aint that good, he couldnt even make the worst Brazilian team ever, id think capoue will be a good player

i dont get this sandro love in, he aint that good, he couldnt even make the worst Brazilian team ever, id think capoue will be a good player

Nonsense, he has the highest completed tackles rate per game in the Premiership. He didn't make the Brazilian team because he only came back from a long term injury last year

Nonsense, he has the highest completed tackles rate per game in the Premiership. He didn't make the Brazilian team because he only came back from a long term injury last year

ah jayus, robbie savage could tackle too, :D

l like sandro and he is a decent player but top premiership midfielder he is not, now a lot of that is down to injury but how many players do we have to stick by who are injury prone

he was very rarely in the brazilian squad, i think he has 17 senior caps to date

• Advertisement

Alternatively, you could say "it wouldn't have been the worst Brazillian team if he was picked"...

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭DaDerv

Palace agree fee for Siggy according to Sky Sports News. Selling a few squad players. Wouldn't mid seeing some investment. Siggy would be a good signing for Palace id imagine.

Alternatively, you could say "it wouldn't have been the worst Brazillian team if he was picked"...

A good alternative my friend:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭DildoFaggins

Sandro is better off in Serie A with his injury record.

All the papers and SSN have it that we've deal done for Ben Davies for 10m with Siggy going the other way for 8m. Nice bit of business.
    Also reading that Remy deal is off, he wants LFC

Talk on Twitter that Baldini in Italy to sell Sandro and buy Destro http://t.co/dbQsdJv7mZ

According to this ITK Ben Davies is a Yid;
    Just had a text from a colleague who is good friends with Gary Monk and Leon Britton, "Ben is with Spurs! Inside info. He's with them in Seattle now."

• Advertisement

Daily Mail understand Tottenham have struck a deal with Swansea City for Vorm and Davies to join the club. #THFC http://t.co/f0u7Z2MPqZ

MailSport understand Sigurdsson and an undisclosed fee will be heading to Swansea in return for the 2 players. #THFC http://t.co/wL64iSrEYV

Vorm would be a great addition to our squad and great backup to Lloris

Advertisement