Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Transfer Gossip

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,734 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Vorm would be a great addition to our squad and great backup to Lloris

Vorm would be a great back-up. Friedel looked very dodgy when he played last season. The worry would be that Vorm is too good to be a back-up and that Hugo will be sold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭DildoFaggins

I don't believe it for a second no team atm would be interested that's a step up imo.

Athletico Madrid just spent 16million on a 21yr nobody Lloris is worth double that if that's the case.

If it's true then the only theory is Levy and Poch sat down with Vorm and promised him to be a starter in the Europa/Cup games and he'll be the No.1 next year when we sell Lloris for 30million.

It's just paper talk imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭LostArt

If we don't get CL I 100% expect Hugo to be gone next summer, so getting Vorm in now on the cheap is a pretty good deal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

BBC now reporting Ben Davies has left Swansea City to join up with Tottenham to undergo his medical. #THFC

MirrorSport believe Spurs will now turn their attention to signing Southampton midfielder Morgan Schneiderlin. #THFC

Daily Mirror believe Spurs could be set to sell Danny Rose to Hull for £6M following Tigers reviving their interest in the left back. #THFC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

MirrorSport believe Spurs will now turn their attention to signing Southampton midfielder Morgan Schneiderlin. #THFC

Daily Mirror believe Spurs could be set to sell Danny Rose to Hull for £6M following Tigers reviving their interest in the left back. #THFC

Hahahahahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

This Ben Davies saga is almost as long as Bales last summer....he's only a left full FFS!!

This Ben Davies saga is almost as long as Bales last summer....he's only a left full FFS!!

What's the rush?

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭awkwardboy

This must be a typo. Surely it is meant to say that Spurs will donate 6M along with Danny Rose to Hull so they can take him off our hands? :) Football truly has lost the run of itself if someone as limited as Rose can command a fee of that that sort ...

awkwardboy wrote: »
    This must be a typo. Surely it is meant to say that Spurs will donate 6M along with Danny Rose to Hull so they can take him off our hands? :) Football truly has lost the run of itself if someone as limited as Rose can command a fee of that that sort ...

Homegrown, the same reason Luke Shaw is worth 30m when Davies is just as good and worth only 8-10m

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭awkwardboy

Agreed. It's a nonsense rule really as it has no real affect in that these homegrown players don't have to play first team matches, they literally make up the numbers on the bench in many cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Some 'insider' stuff on the background to the Davies deal...

Been told Davies will be announced today or tomorrow, Siggy going the other way, but separate deals so might be a day or two later. Rose is not a happy bunny and if the right bid comes in he will be off. Poch has told a number of the youngsters that they will get game time this season and a chance to prove themselves. Immediate expectations have been lowered but 4th is still the target and long term expectations are high.
    The Goat has heard that while there is substance to the Davies/Gylfi rumours doing the rounds as of yesterday AM the situation regarding Vorm amounted to no more than a fresh enquiry. Not close to a deal on that one yet.
    My understanding is that it would be better to process a sig/Davies/vorm swap in 3 deals as opposed to 1, as none of the players have a sell-on clause and, believe it or not, it's easier to circumvent tax in football with straight deals than it is swaps. We've only paid tax under levy twice because of how he reinvests the money, if he puts our profit back into the stadium this works out better. Of course, this makes little difference to how a deal would be portrayed in the media.

PS I won't comment on the deal itself, it's all out there and pretty obvious.

Goal understand Tottenham Hotspur currently lead the race for Southampton midfielder Morgan Schneiderlin. #THFC http://t.co/culblx9ki8

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Charliebull

i really-really-really hope the rose rumors are true

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

i really-really-really hope the rose rumors are true

same here he has only had 1 good game for us years ago and that was his debut v the scum -1 good season with Sunderland on loan , no dispect to them but maybe thats his level at best- he has turned into a lazy sod with no concentration or passion for the jersey ..BAE MK2:mad::o

More laughs, hopefully, fingers crossed

Daily Express suggest Sunderland, Hull and Queens Park Rangers all want Tottenham Hotspur's Danny Rose. #THFC

All joking aside, it's about his level. Levy must have a big hard on.

The Times understand Tottenham Hotspur are stepping up their efforts to sign Griezmann from Real Sociedad. #THFC

The Times suggest Tottenham will sell Capoue and Sandro to raise funds for the potential signing of Griezmann. #THFC

Other media have it too, could be just paper talk

Telegraph claim Tottenham want Griezmann to fill Gareth Bale's boots at the club as Spurs prepare an offer of £25M. #THFC

Telegraph suggest Spurs have already made one bid for Griezmann which was rejected and are now preparing to meet 25M release clause. #THFC

Tottenham hope Lloris will play a key role in getting Griezmann to White Hart Lane but will target Depay if they fail claim the Telegraph.

ITK - looks like two defensive signings to be announced;
    I'm told both done now. Assume something will be announced later this week.

this refers to his itk in update 77 re a young central defender (probably lascalles), and its thought the other one is davies

I've seen Davies play. Though does anybody know much about the young Forrest centre back, Lascalles?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

These rumours of destro and benatia from Roma.

Anyone know where Baldini is at the moment? Reading Rome but bull**** tabloids are the source.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

Saw a picture on Facebook of Sandro with the boys in USA...
    Thought he was at home with a virus??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Vorm has agreed personal terms. For me he's a great signing and should see his fair share of action, Lloris I reckon could be gone next season.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11731/9390374/transfer-news-michel-vorm-agrees-terms-with-spurs-gylfi-sigurdsson-set-to-join-swansea

Saw a picture on Facebook of Sandro with the boys in USA...
    Thought he was at home with a virus??

If that's the same picture I saw (him with three other players, including Lamela) then I'm pretty sure it was taken at the start of last season at a players' dinner.

I guess it's done, pics of Davies training in Toronto

Tottenham Hotspur's new signing Ben Davies in training with the team today. #THFC http://t.co/0OWJLeK7jG

Haha, typical Spurs, put up a video of the squad training that shows Ben Davies running around with the lads, it's since been taken down.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

so davies in a spurs training video and vorm talking about competing with hugo for #1 spot, I guess those deals are legit :P

so davies in a spurs training video and vorm talking about competing with hugo for #1 spot, I guess those deals are legit :P

And SNN have video footage of Siggy arriving at Swansea. Any minute now.
    Davies is expected to get a run this evening

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Vorm is badly needed, if Lloris gets any sort of an injury that lasts more than a couple of games then it could be a major set back to us, especially with the way our defense is these days.

Alot of paper talk about Douglas Costa. Doubt its anything substantial. Its as if the papers got wind of the story about some of the Shakter players not wanting to return to the Ukraine and they decided to siphon these players off to the usual clubs in the EPL for fun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Vorm is badly needed, if Lloris gets any sort of an injury that lasts more than a couple of games then it could be a major set back to us, especially with the way our defense is these days.

Alot of paper talk about Douglas Costa. Doubt its anything substantial. Its as if the papers got wind of the story about some of the Shakter players not wanting to return to the Ukraine and they decided to siphon these players off to the usual clubs in the EPL for fun.

I'm just surprised Vorm is happy to be a sub for the foreseeable future, unless he's received some assurances that Hugo won't be around for long.

Time will tell.

Advertisement