Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Transfer Gossip

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭awkwardboy

Vorm is badly needed, if Lloris gets any sort of an injury that lasts more than a couple of games then it could be a major set back to us, especially with the way our defense is these days.

Alot of paper talk about Douglas Costa. Doubt its anything substantial. Its as if the papers got wind of the story about some of the Shakter players not wanting to return to the Ukraine and they decided to siphon these players off to the usual clubs in the EPL for fun.

We definitely need a quality second keeper and Vorm fits the bill perfectly. I think with Champions League qualification on offer for the Europa league winners this year we will be taking that competition quite seriously so Vorm will probably play in all those games. Sadly I think Lloris will be off next summer and I think the new contract is to simply ensure the club gets the best deal possible when that moment arrives as we have a less than zero chance of getting into the top 4, and only slightly more in winning the Europa league! Another "transition" season methinks ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

I read on some blog the plan may be to have 2x first 11s and take both competitions seriously with full strength teams

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Charliebull

I read on some blog the plan may be to have 2x first 11s and take both competitions seriously with full strength teams

We have to take the europa seriously with CL football on offer to the winners, it gives us an alternative route to the CL

I mean lats face it, we will do well to qualify via the league

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

ITK info:
    on leaks: not everything leaks out, funny how our club works for example my info is that we have Signed Vorm, Davies and Lasalles but nothing has been confirmed. Also that we want a LWF, CH and Schniderlin. That siggi is gone and we have bids on the table for 4 of our players who may be sold if we get our targets.
    Nothing on your man [Griezmann] than though.

on outs: Kaboom going nowhere, bids are for full backs and midfielders.

on cb's: Verts likely to sign new deal but won't hang around if we don't succeed. Kaboom has to prove fitness and Daws will be off, Chirices still unproven.

More itk
    Kono looks too complicated we have placed substantial bids for both Greizman and MS, time will tell if we get them. Offered Southampton some of ours to sweeten the deal. On the Davies delay was told its about paper work being okayed by the FA, no problem and as my source says its probably because the carrier pigeon got shot down over the Atlantic.:rolleyes:

We are also still in for a first team CB.

• Advertisement

Tottenham Hotspur ‏@SpursOfficial 5m
    We are delighted to announce that we have reached agreement with Swansea City for the transfers of Ben Davies and Michel Vorm.

Left back Davies has signed a five-year contract, while Dutch goalkeeper Vorm has agreed a four-year deal.

The transfers will also see Gylfi Sigurdsson return to the Welsh club where he spent time on loan in 2012 & we wish him well for the future.

Done and dusted, next....

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭awkwardboy

Glad it's all done now, two quality players.
    So who is next to come in? Maybe there needs to be a few out the door before that can happen?

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Rob094

Going to miss Gylfi if I'm honest. He had some great games last season, even against Poch himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

A central defender next please.

• Advertisement

A central defender next please.

I think we'll need outgoings first, Dawson and Rose

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Hopefully.

We cannot go into a new season with Dawson (great servant but needs to drop down a level), Kaboul with his terrible injury record, Vlad; unproven and unsettled apparently and then there is Vertz who we don't know if his head or his heart is going to be in it next season.

Sugarlumps wrote: »

I remember watching Ron Vlaar for his first Villa match broadcast live on TV. I've wanted him in our team ever since.

He's strong and, although not the fastest in the game, he reads the game really well - similar in style to Ledley King.

Then he had a cracking World Cup, which worried me. I thought all the 'big' teams would be after him and his price would sky rocket. If we could get him for £8m + Dawson it would be a good deal all round.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

One year left on his contract, 29. Probably won't get a bigger move is he stays at Villa. Your right, he does read the game well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Charliebull

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    One year left on his contract, 29. Probably won't get a bigger move is he stays at Villa. Your right, he does read the game well.

yes i agree i thought he was super in the world cup and wanted him but then some of our esteemed pundits pointed out that holland play with 3 a the back , when he played with villa it was 2 centre halves and he was a bit exposed

• Registered Users Posts: 4,633 ✭✭✭golfball37

Vlaar has been very ordinary for Villa the past two seasons, he would not improve our team at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

golfball37 wrote: »
    Vlaar has been very ordinary for Villa the past two seasons, he would not improve our team at all.

Bit harsh, no offence to Villa but they've been awful the last few seasons. Relatively inexperienced back four. He'd certainly be an improvement on Dawson? I'd take a used wardrobe at this stage.

ITK:
    The Goat has heard that Schneiderlin and Griezmann are targets, but if they don't come in then it'll be no great disappointment as their roles are adequately filled for now. Also that 2 or 3 defensive players should come in before the season starts. (Although our source didn't say wether that included yesterday's signings or not)

Lamela has been treated like a star and it's given him a real boost. He feels more part of a team and club now and is really excited and driven for the coming season - he really appreciates how much Spurs fans want him to succeed and he wants to return the faith paid in him.

Nice snippet about Lamela. I hope he hits the ground running, I'd love to see the best of him!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

He's definitely a good defender and would bring some stability and experience to our defence. If he was faster he's be perfect, but then we wouldn't get him because he'd be one of the best in the world.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭DildoFaggins

Vlaar has talent but that Dutch team was set up to crowd the box which helped Vlaar,he has done well for Villa but he's 29 and he'll be a bit more expensive and I'm not sure how much of an upgrade he'd be over Kaboul.Also Villa is different fish compared top 6 good defender in a bad team.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

The big difference with Vlaar is he's played on average 31 games per season for the last 5 seasons.

Total opposite to our defensive weakness whereby Kaboul and Chiriches have missed a lot of games and Vertonghen has had to (begrudgingly) slot in at left back for the injured Rose/Naughton.

ITK gos:

Quick couple of bits: We have definitely made an official offer for MS, Pool are still a way off Saints valuation for Lovren(Has gone quiet), J-Rod still very much on the gaffer's radar. Still no contact from the club to Villa for Vlaar, although as my mate told me this morning the agents have been told how much their players can leave for so, it doesn't mean we haven't been speaking to the agent.
    Would just add the fee for Lovren is just north of £20mil which is why Pool have backed off, and why we probably have shown little interest lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭slegs

Latest itk says we are trying to buy Ryan Shawcross, would be a good buy, a decent upgrade, only 26 and homegrown.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Latest itk says we are trying to buy Ryan Shawcross, would be a good buy, a decent upgrade, only 26 and homegrown.

He'd definitely do a job alright

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Tottenham News ‏@TottenhamLatest 15m
    Chelsea have reportedly held talks with Tottenham regarding a swap deal involving Paulinho and Romelu Lukaku.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Chelsea have reportedly held talks with Tottenham regarding a swap deal involving Paulinho and Romelu Lukaku.

BULL**** :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Hammar

Please God,make it happen and i promise to go back to Mass until at least the the start of the season.

Advertisement