Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Transfer Gossip

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Left Back on the Bench

Says on the transfer thread in the soccer forum that Lukaku has gone to wolfsburg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Says on the transfer thread in the soccer forum that Lukaku has gone to wolfsburg

SSN reporting that Everton are working on a deal for him. And it has to be a permanent deal because they are loaning that dude from Ghana and you cannot loan 2 players from the same team.

Also says he had 15 goals in 31 league games last year. How much of a difference would that have made to us last year. 9 points more easily.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

Loic Remy's move to Liverpool is off. It is understood the forward failed a medical

Reports Vertonghen has penned a new 5 year deal

Reports that Rose has been offered a new contract.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭gar

Reports that Rose has been offered a new contract.
    By another club?

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭philon

I'd rather have Rose as backup LB than Kyle N... also shows some commitment to playing Verts in his proper position @ CB.

gar wrote: »
    By another club?

Sadly not.

It was just in the gossip section of the daily mirror. No direct quote or anything of any substance.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

Remy failed his medical due to heart issues..
    Ironically, i would sign him up in a heartbeat!!!
    Bargain.

Bargain.

As Harry says, Triffic player, great lad. I'd take him too, his sale price must have dropped considerably now

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Bargain.

Well I've had my tin foil hat on since the start of the transfer window so am not entirely convinced that he did fail his medical at liverpool, sign him up levy :D

EDIT: coincidentally 'Arry agrees - http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/28529081

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

The only way I can see Rodriguez & Schneiderlin joining us is we offer player(s) in the other direction, their team has been absolutely decimated already!

http://www.itv.com/sport/football/article/2014-07-28/spurs-close-on-southampton-duo-rodriguez-schneiderlin/

Facebook filling up with reports of an imminent Spurs deal for both Rodriquez and Schneiderlin.

Are they what we need to take us to the next level. Rodriquez will provide some much needed width and pace I suppose but are either of them much better then are current midfield options, especially centre midfield.

Poor old Southampton... how can any (non relegated) EPL team just sell off a whole team like that.

The only way I can see Rodriguez & Schneiderlin joining us is we offer player(s) in the other direction, their team has been absolutely decimated already!

http://www.itv.com/sport/football/article/2014-07-28/spurs-close-on-southampton-duo-rodriguez-schneiderlin/

Was just about the say the same thing...

Holtby, Carroll, Chadli ... could we even see Paulinho in the famous stripped shirt of Southampton :D

Was just about the say the same thing...

Holtby, Carroll, Chadli ... could we even see Paulinho in the famous stripped shirt of Southampton :D

Paulinho could be a good shout indeed

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Paulinho could be a good shout indeed

I'm fairly sure he was joking. Paulinho wouldn't touch Southampton with a barge pole.

Ormus wrote: »
    I'm fairly sure he was joking. Paulinho wouldn't touch Southampton with a barge pole.

I'm positive he was joking, but their team has been ripped apart so even in jest he could well be on to something.

I'm positive he was joking, but their team has been ripped apart so even in jest he could well be on to something.

It would be nice to get 20m and be shot of him.

Ormus wrote: »
    It would be nice to get 20m and be shot of him.

Maybe he'll come good, maybe he's just had a torrid time adjusting to life in the UK while being in a team that were an absolute shambles in his debut season...maybe :)

I wouldn't write him off yet.

That been said if Chelsea came knocking with a swap deal involving Lukaku then I'd be all over that.

• Advertisement

BBC's Ben Smith understands that terms have been agreed with J Rod:

https://twitter.com/BenSmithBBC/status/493798321799327744

BBC's Ben Smith understands that terms have been agreed with J Rod:

https://twitter.com/BenSmithBBC/status/493798321799327744

Not real keen on this. Decent player but we have decent players already, and ones who aren't injured for half the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28534458

Is Schneiderlin any good? He's rated at £27m!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,632 ✭✭✭Glebee

How come all of a sudden Southampton players are all worth mega bucks
    and every club wants them. OK they played some nice football last year. Did we beat them home and away last year-cant be that good if we did..:p

BREAKING: Southampton announce they will face Blackpool in a 5-a-side friendly this weekend.

Glebee wrote: »
    Did we beat them home and away last year-cant be that good if we did..:p

lowly Sunderland beat and drew with Man City last season...just an observation :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭DildoFaggins

27m for a CDM LOL

It's all barking mad.

Loverns was the pick of the bunch and even still 20M pounds is a bit hard to swallow.

I very much doubt we'll end up spending 27M

EDIT: bbc are carrying the story now too

• Advertisement

More Itk
    Been told MS and Jay Rod very close. Some difficulties in finding Daws and others a new home. Hull offer still on table but looking at other options QPR sorted and Villa don't want to pay money and players don't want to go to the sinking ship that is Southampton, A CB might have to wait until January although still trying.

Advertisement