Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Transfer Gossip

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Christ sun saying Dawson wants out after being offered a derisory pay rise which would have him earn less than 40k a week. Given their recent success in breaking these stupid stories I'm worried :(

Daws refutes this morning :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Daws refutes this morning :)

POTL on forums has said there is an issue

"Hate to confirm, but there is an issue with Dawson- the contract he has been offered is not reflective of the CAPTAIN of thfc. Wouldn't go as far as what the papers are reporting, but there is an issue. Hopefully can get this all sorted shortly.

Another note, FULL squad flying to SA today at 7.30- full first team, 'reserves' and a few youth's. Nobody of note being left behind.

POTL"

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

While i don't believe the Dawson rumours, if it was true and he's been offered 40k a week, then there's a serious problem with the club. If 40k is the contract that we offer to our captain and one of our best players, then we're going to start bleeding players. It's insane to us, but 40k is nothing to a player of Daw's quality.

I doubt it's true though.

Kiith wrote: »
    While i don't believe the Dawson rumours, if it was true and he's been offered 40k a week, then there's a serious problem with the club. If 40k is the contract that we offer to our captain and one of our best players, then we're going to start bleeding players. It's insane to us, but 40k is nothing to a player of Daw's quality.

I doubt it's true though.

meanwhile bentley and jenas and keane are on 60 each no doubt

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭larry1

From Indo:

Tottenham captain Michael Dawson has reacted angrily to claims that he has fallen out with the club's hierarchy over a new contract.

Reports on Wednesday morning suggested that Dawson was unhappy at Spurs' refusal to offer him an improved deal, but he insists he is completely happy at the club. The 27-year-old, who was made captain halfway through the 2009-10 season, says he is not looking for a new contract and is content with the terms of his current deal.

"I have no idea where this story has come from - it certainly has not come from myself or any of my representatives," Dawson said. "I think I have always demonstrated that I am a proud player and captain of this club and nothing has changed in that respect."

He added: "I have an excellent relationship with everyone at this club from the chairman, to the players to the supporters and I wouldn't want false reporting such as this to impact on that.

"There has been absolutely no fallout with anyone whatsoever.

"I still have four years left on my current contract and have no issues regarding it whatsoever.

"It is an honour to be captain of this football club and my sole focus is on getting ready for the new season with Spurs and, hopefully, England as well."

• Advertisement

watch the video on this page, exclusive with phantom of the lane - very funny

http://www.tottenhamhotspurs.tv/know-itk/21819-potl-blue-yellow-cryptic-11.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I don't see why him handing in a transfer request makes any difference. If Levy\Harry are sticking to the 'he aint for sale' line, then they can just reject it and tell him to shut the hell up, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Kiith wrote: »
    I don't see why him handing in a transfer request makes any difference. If Levy\Harry are sticking to the 'he aint for sale' line, then they can just reject it and tell him to shut the hell up, right?

If he hands in a transfer request, it leaves us in a very difficult position I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Hatch99 wrote: »
    If he hands in a transfer request, it leaves us in a very difficult position I think.

Does it really though? Like Kiith said, we can just say no, unless we receive a bid that's comparable to what the club feel he's worth. Remember years ago when we were after Stuart Downing? He handed in a transfer request but Boro wouldn't let him go, despite us putting a couple of decent offers in. If Chelsea want to come and place an Andy Carroll-esque bid, then I'm sure it will be considered. Otherwise, even £27m is nowhere near enough.

• Advertisement

SuprSi wrote: »
    Does it really though?

Im my opinion, yes. If the players hands in a tranfer request, and makes the media/public aware of this, we will be in a very difficult spot. Do you want a fella at Spurs who wishes he was playing for our rivals and has gone public on it. Would the other players in the squad want him there ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭golfball37

Transfer request also foregoes any money the player can earn from the transfer fee.

Remember the stand off between Benitez & Alonso a few years ago? It was about money plain and simple in teh end. Once Modric has handed in a request it usually means the end.

golfball37 wrote: »
    Transfer request also foregoes any money the player can earn from the transfer fee.

The russian could supplement that.

We are in for Shaqiri swiss player hes still young we're also looking at another youngster from the ivory coast who took the golden boot at u17 world cup.

Someone needs to take the holy trinity of Keane Bently and Jenas of us.

In the last three transfer windows we have actually only spent 18m I was surprised at that a lot of clubs have seriously out spent us.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

We are in for Shaqiri swiss player hes still young we're also looking at another youngster from the ivory coast who took the golden boot at u17 world cup.

Someone needs to take the holy trinity of Keane Bently and Jenas of us.

In the last three transfer windows we have actually only spent 18m I was surprised at that a lot of clubs have seriously out spent us.

The un-holy trinity surely!

Udineese, Villareal and Sevilla are all after Gio but we want to sell outright instead of loaning so it's causing an issue as Sevilla want a loan and first option next summer to buy.

Rossi looks set for Juve as they are prepared to pay £30m and we are only willing to pay £20m.

I'm hoping that we can actually go for someone like Negrado or Llorente instead though.

We are also meant to be in talks with city over Adebayor on loan with an option to buy I have to say he'd be good and he'd probably all for it if it meant he could score a few goals for us against Arsenal :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,734 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Udineese, Villareal and Sevilla are all after Gio but we want to sell outright instead of loaning so it's causing an issue as Sevilla want a loan and first option next summer to buy.

Just saw this on SSN.. we are looking for £12 million apparently!!!

Mr. Guappa wrote: »

12m what! No way! Are we strapped for cash or something?

Mr. Guappa wrote: »

Be lucky to get half..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,734 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Story from their website says we are looking to recoup what we paid. They definitely said £12 million earlier but that was probably a misquote - thought it was a bit ambitious myself!
    Sky Sports sources understand that Udinese and Valencia have joined the race to sign Tottenham's Giovani dos Santos.

The attacking midfielder has already been targeted by Sevillaafter impressing on loan at Liga rivals Racing Santander last season while the Mexican has also caught the eye on international duty.

Despite being only 22, Dos Santos has already reached 50 caps, scoring five goals in 16 international appearances in 2011.

But he has played just 10 league games for Tottenham, going on loan in each of the three seasons since joining from Barcelona in 2008 - to Ipswich, Galatasaray and Racing.

Sevilla have made enquiries about another loan switch, with first option on a permanent move, while fellow Spanish side Valencia and Italian outfit Udinese are now thought to be interested.

Permanent deal preferred

But Sevilla claim Spurs are only willing to let Dos Santos leave White Hart Lane on a permanent basis.

Tottenham paid Barca an initial fee of £4.7million to secure his services in 2008 and they are believed to be looking for a similar fee, although Barca would receive 10 per cent due to a sell-on clause.

Sevilla are currently unwilling to make such an offer so that has left the door open for Valencia or Udinese to land Dos Santos.

"Tottenham want a sale but at the moment Sevilla are only interested in a loan with the first option to buy," Sevilla president Jose Maria del Nido has told Spanish press.

"This is the problem because the subject is complicated."

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭wellboys

Mirko Vucinic from Roma looks to be on the cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Deisler

Seriously concerned. No buys just players leaving. Feel we are regressing. Cant see us top 6 let alone 4 next season..

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭wellboys

Deisler wrote: »
    Seriously concerned. No buys just players leaving. Feel we are regressing. Cant see us top 6 let alone 4 next season..

Patience! The top 4 havent spent yet apart from Utd and Liverpool have bought players that wouldnt get into our team.

Deisler wrote: »
    Only O'Hara gone so far we really need to move on a few more and free up the wage bill we could take 200,000 off the wage bill a week by getting Keane 2m , Jenas 5m, Kranjcar 6m, Bently 5m, Gio 5m and Palacios 10m. Thats 10.5m thatd be huge and allow us to bring in a couple extra players should also get us £35-40m in transfer cash(just need to find some buyers now)

Also looks like we have a deal in place for Souleymane Coulibaly but he has to wait until his father gets an italien pass port because he wont be granted a work permit at his age.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I saw this on one of the other forums and thought it quite funny :D

Luka's transfer request

345915719.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Maynoothspur

Ha ha. Me no like watch tall circus man either Luka.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

rather amusing

Letter from levy to Chelsea

Further to your correspondence and renewed pursuit of Luka Modric, I am writing to you to tell this player is not for sale at ANY price.

Whilst I commend the work you have done in getting to the player with the use of an unnamed Iranian agent, I can only apologise for the club’s stance in this instance.

On 1st September 2011, Luka Modric will be a Tottenham Hotspur player. I hope this is clear and the club does not welcome any other offers.

Further to this, the club would like to make an enquiry about Fernando Torres. As a result of his clear dip in form and lack of goals, the club think it would be appropriate to offer £14million plus £2.6million in add-ons for International and Premier League honours.

We hope you are satisfied with this offer and look forward to hearing your positive response in the near future.

May I close this note with a piece of advice; Nigel Reo-Coker is currently a free agent and would be a very good addition to your current squad.

I look forward to sharing a beverage with you and Roman on Tuesday 20th December.

Kind Regards,

Daniel Levy
    Chairman,
    Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Plc.

Tottenham Hotspur Football Club
    Bill Nicholson Way, 748 High Road, Tottenham,
    London, N17 0AP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭galinka

Parker on loan for a season now looks likely - esp that Sandro is out until October.

Advertisement