Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Transfer Gossip

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

.@talkSPORT believe the fee agreed for Morgan Schneiderlin is £12million, and not the reported £27million Southampton 'required.' #THFC

Levy you crafty bastard

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

Remy failed his medical due to heart issues..
    Ironically, i would sign him up in a heartbeat!!!
    Bargain.

NO-ONE ?????
    :(

Latest itk says rod is done bar a medial. Ms has handed in a transfer request as the club told him it's the only way they'd let him leave

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Latest itk says rod is done bar a medial. Ms has handed in a transfer request as the club told him it's the only way they'd let him leave

Considering how many players have already been sold I'd call BS on that particular bit - it seems they'll sell any player who can generate decent cash for them.

• Advertisement

Saints Chairman on SSN: "We have decided to keep Schneiderlin and Rodriguez, they are staying and will be with us at the start of the season." "Morgan Schneiderlin and Jay Rodriguez are not for sale."

We were told the same about Bale......

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Saints Chairman on SSN: "We have decided to keep Schneiderlin and Rodriguez, they are staying and will be with us at the start of the season." "Morgan Schneiderlin and Jay Rodriguez are not for sale."

We were told the same about Bale......

lol :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

He's going to look like some tit if they turn around and sell them after all

Jay ‏@ryantegan 12m
    dont believe it for 1 second. Schneiderlin is desperate to leave and Jay Rodriguez contract dictates he will go to. Bartering thats all

Paul O Keefe ‏@pokeefe1 3m
    As Brucie once said "Higher" "Higher"

LOL

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Never try to out levy levy :P

• Advertisement

Never try to out levy levy :P

I reckon this is the response to Levy going in with a low-ball offer

probably, silly thing to announce to the press though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Charliebull

he probably flipped when levy offer him rose and naughton

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Unlikely. Every negotiation starts with a low ball offer from the bidder and a high ball offer from the seller. First rule of business.

I reckon this was in response to Southampton having sold most of their first team already this summer and fear of fans backlash.

I think they'd be mad not to sell Rodriguez in a way. He'll likely go for a smaller fee in a year or two's time if they don't, plus they need players now and he's out for nearly half the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

anyone see the article about James McCarthy on SSN been linked with United.

There's a direct quote from the man himself saying he almost joined us before joining Everton b

"Tottenham are also being heavily linked and McCarthy says he came close to joining them ahead of Everton.

"Tottenham didn’t come up with the money but Everton did within the last couple of hours [before the transfer window closed]. Obviously it was just one of those things with Tottenham," he added.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11671/9398985/transfer-news-evertons-james-mccarthy-flattered-by-united-link

Ormus wrote: »
    Unlikely. Every negotiation starts with a low ball offer from the bidder and a high ball offer from the seller. First rule of business.

I reckon this was in response to Southampton having sold most of their first team already this summer and fear of fans backlash.

I think they'd be mad not to sell Rodriguez in a way. He'll likely go for a smaller fee in a year or two's time if they don't, plus they need players now and he's out for nearly half the season.

Does Rod not have a buyout clause? And Schneiderlin has put in a transfer request? Damn all the chairman can do if they want to go, we've already learned that

Also, he carefully selected what he said, he never said they wouldn't be sold, in fact the opposite, said they were not for sale but that every player has a price.

ThePhilip wrote: »
    He's great.

Outstanding contribution to the thread

Outstanding contribution to the thread

He's just trying to up his postcount for whatever image/link/spam/whatever it is he wants to post, I think there's a minimum number of posts before you can post urls.

He's just trying to up his postcount for whatever image/link/spam/whatever it is he wants to post, I think there's a minimum number of posts before you can post urls.

Can a mod delete it then so :)

Can a mod delete it then so :)

There's no harm in reporting it to hatch or mullo I s'pose

• Advertisement

Morgan Schneiderlin ‏@SchneiderlinMo4 1h
    6 years of an amazing journey #saintsfc DESTROYED in 1 hour !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Mullo76

There's no harm in reporting it to hatch or mullo I s'pose
    Cheers lads, deleted.

Daily Mail understand Morgan Schneiderlin is set to hand in a transfer request to push through his move to Tottenham Hotspur. #THFC

Daily Mail believe Tottenham have bid £13M for Morgan Schneiderlin whilst Southampton value him at £27M. #THFC

.@DiMarzio understands Italian side Genoa are attempting to close a deal with Tottenham for the signing of Iago Falqué. #THFC

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭DyldeBrill

.@DiMarzio understands Italian side Genoa are attempting to close a deal with Tottenham for the signing of Iago Falqué. #THFC

Seen that alright. Maybe it is time for him to go. Hasn't really lived up to his hype since joining from Juve.

DyldeBrill wrote: »
    Seen that alright. Maybe it is time for him to go. Hasn't really lived up to his hype since joining from Juve.

Yeah, but has a very good season in Spain with Rayo, got some amazing goals. I'd keep him for Europe, if only because he speaks the same language as Lamella and the manager

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭DyldeBrill

Yeah, but has a very good season in Spain with Rayo, got some amazing goals. I'd keep him for Europe, if only because he speaks the same language as Lamella and the manager

He had a few nice goals alright but went too hot and cold. Was watching him in pre-season and thought him and Lamella linked up well so maybe he's come on a bit and wanting to prove himself.

The Metro believe Morgan Schneiderlin will hand in a transfer request in an attempt to force through a move to Tottenham. #THFC

The Metro understand Schneiderlin was due to hold talks with Tottenham yesterday only for Southampton to pull the plug on the deal. #THFC

Guardian understand Pochettino has told Franco Baldini to turn his attentions to securing a deal for Swansea’s Wilfried Bony. #THFC

Goal report Schneiderlin is ready to place a transfer request and could refuse to play for Southampton in order to join Spurs. #THFC

The Telegraph believe Chelsea have placed a £30M price tag on reported Tottenham target Romelu Lukaku. #THFC

Daily Mail believe Tottenham hold an interest in Ron Vlaar however Aston Villa are set to offer him a new contract. #THFC

Oh dear....

Tim Pearson ‏@TimPearsonMedia 1h
    Hearing reports of a training ground bust up between 3 senior figures at Southampton. Unconfirmed at the moment. #SaintsFC #SFC

Tim Pearson ‏@TimPearsonMedia 1h
    I'd suspect Morgan Schneiderlin's social media meltdown played a part in this fiasco. #SFC #SaintsFC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

I call BS, they don't have 3 'senior' players left

Advertisement