Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Transfer Gossip

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

A few tweets

Iago Falqué has confirmed to Italian media he has joined Genoa from Tottenham. #THFC

Reports suggest Tottenham Hotspur have received £4M for the sale of Iago Falqué to Genoa. #THFC

Goal understands Tottenham have agreed a £3.96M transfer fee for Eric Dier and the player has agreed terms on a five year deal. #THFC

GOAL report that Tottenham have agreed a fee with Sporting for Eric Dier and that Jose Fonte is next on the list.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/transfer-zone/2014/07/31/4995418/tottenham-agree-4m-deal-for-dier?ICID=HP_BN_1

I've never even heard of Eric Dier but I like the idea of us buying a 20 year old centre back from Sporting Lisbon for 4m, who is actually English

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

Ormus wrote: »
    I've never even heard of Eric Dier but I like the idea of us buying a 20 year old centre back from Sporting Lisbon for 4m, who is actually English

Not homegrown. He's one for the future but could do as backup as he plays a few positions including LB. Bye Bye Rose

Not homegrown. He's one for the future but could do as backup as he plays a few positions including LB. Bye Bye Rose

Ah yeah I realise he's not homegrown but still should settle easily enough.

Agree we should sell Rose and Benny. That would leave Dier, Vertonghen, Fryers and Davies who can all cover left back.

NOOOooooo!!!

Tottenham Hotspur @SpursOfficial 2m
    We are delighted to announce that Danny Rose has committed his future to the Club with the signing of a new five-year contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Haha! They obviously see potential in him, or are just trying to drive up his price for sale next summer.

• Advertisement

At least this puts an end to all the reports of him being unhappy to being a backup LB

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Me right now.

double_facepalm.jpg

NOOOooooo!!!

We are delighted to announce that Danny Rose has committed his future to the Club with the signing of a new five-year contract.

Dammit, we'll never get rid of our deadwood

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

I feel like i'm one of the few spurs fans who doesn't really think danny rose is the worst player in the world, rough and in need of discipline yes but not hopeless....i have less kind words to say about kyle naughton though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Charliebull

NOOOooooo!!!

seriously what the fcuk is going on. who got paid to suggest this was a good idea

that there sums up why we will never break the top 4

who in their right mind would have this clueless excuse for a left back in their team

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭DildoFaggins

NOOOooooo!!!

Decent backup option if Ben Davies dies.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

NOOOooooo!!!

At first I was in utter shock, but then I realised Poch has been working with Rose for over a month now. Maybe he sees potential there...... somewhere.

But a FIVE YEAR contract?! :eek:

I want to meet his agent.

Just been reading Twitter, remember Danny Rose got player of the season at Sunderland then he came back to play in one of the worst back 4s in the PL. He may do ok with another LB there to show him the ropes, he was a winger before he went to Sunderland, has lots to learn

seriously what the fcuk is going on. who got paid to suggest this was a good idea

that there sums up why we will never break the top 4

who in their right mind would have this clueless excuse for a left back in their team

That's a bit harsh I think. Personally I don't rate him, but he is the kinda guy who could be coached to be better. Maybe Poch is the man to do it.

Also, we have already broken the top 4 several times in the last few seasons.

And there is no way he'll be in the first 11 this season.

That's a bit harsh I think. Personally I don't rate him, but he is the kinda guy who could be coached to be better. Maybe Poch is the man to do it.

Also, we have already broken the top 4 several times in the last few seasons.

And there is no way he'll be in the first 11 this season.

ok maybe its a bit harsh and a knee jerk reaction, but i will say it now and if i am proven wrong then so be it but no amount of coaching will turn Danny Rose into a left back good enough for a top 4 side

yes we broke the top 4 twice but we want to be consistently there and we wont with rose, Chelsea just deemed Ashley Cole surplus to requirements, thats the level we need to be at not handing Danny Rose a 5 year contract

good god i hope he is not near the first 11 but he will play in europe and that is a competition we need to take seriously

ok maybe its a bit harsh and a knee jerk reaction, but i will say it now and if i am proven wrong then so be it but no amount of coaching will turn Danny Rose into a left back good enough for a top 4 side

yes we broke the top 4 twice but we want to be consistently there and we wont with rose, Chelsea just deemed Ashley Cole surplus to requirements, thats the level we need to be at not handing Danny Rose a 5 year contract

good god i hope he is not near the first 11 but he will play in europe and that is a competition we need to take seriously

With coaching he is young enough that he could yet be good enough to be not able to get into a top 4 side but provide decent back up.

Alex Buttner was United's back up left back the season before last when they won the league.

I don't know why I'm standing up for Rose, I really don't rate him. Just saying it's not beyond the realms of possibility he could be made to be half decent.

Dunno why you're comparing us to Chelsea, they're on a different planet to us in terms of resources. You'll only annoy yourself comparing us to them.

With coaching he is young enough that he could yet be good enough to be not able to get into a top 4 side but provide decent back up.

Alex Buttner was United's back up left back the season before last when they won the league.

I don't know why I'm standing up for Rose, I really don't rate him. Just saying it's not beyond the realms of possibility he could be made to be half decent.

Dunno why you're comparing us to Chelsea, they're on a different planet to us in terms of resources. You'll only annoy yourself comparing us to them.

ah true m just annoyed that we will have to look at rose playing for us next season, the next thing naughton will be announced

We are delighted to announce that Kyle Naughton has committed his future to the Club with the signing of a new five-year contract.

;)

maybe they had mis-print and that should read vertonghen and not rose

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭awkwardboy

Rose and Naughton with 5 years deal, now that is really depressing.

I sincerely doubt though they would have got new contracts if it wasn't for the fact they are English. Leverage for their agents to use anyway I guess.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

sorry, when did naughton get a 5 year deal? how did I miss that?

sorry, when did naughton get a 5 year deal? how did I miss that?

Naughton is a wind up, see comments above;)

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭awkwardboy

Naughton is a wind up, see comments above;)

I can't believe I fell for that! Shame on me, shame on me.

Would anyone be worried that maybe why Dawson has stalled and we signed up rose is that vertonghen is leaving

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

Would anyone be worried that maybe why Dawson has stalled and we signed up rose is that vertonghen is leaving

Life is waaay to short to be worrying about stuff like that until it happens.

jobeenfitz wrote: »
    Life is waaay to short to be worrying about stuff like that until it happens.

Exactly, don't be a pessimist. We should be happy we have signed a decent LB and a backup LB and are close to signing a young CB who can also cover LB. The one area we have said we needed to strengthen for a long long time. This is as well as still having Verts who spoke highly of staying a few days ago.

We are delighted to announce that we have reached agreement with Sporting Lisbon for the transfer of Eric Dier, subject to a medical.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭DildoFaggins

He's about 6"2 reckon he'll be playing CB in Europe but this means Vertonghen wont ever have to play LB again.
    He can also play CDM very versatile player.

• Advertisement

Exactly, don't be a pessimist. We should be happy we have signed a decent LB and a backup LB and are close to signing a young CB who can also cover LB. The one area we have said we needed to strengthen for a long long time. This is as well as still having Verts who spoke highly of staying a few days ago.

Well I am a spurs fan:D

Advertisement