Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Transfer Gossip

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

Patww79 wrote: »
    How could anyone be anything but pessimistic with this club?

Because for once it looks like Levy is actually backing the manager, buying players in positions we need and getting our big name players to sign new deals but you folks are still not happy. Chin up, our bad season is over.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Anyone here on twitter? I'm not but I saw a screen shot on facebook of the tweets that followed the Rose signing on our official twitter account. God help Danny Rose if he tweets... his confidence will be rock bottom now. No wonder most players think the fans are arse holes.

His still sh*t though.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

I wouldn't mind this transfer happening:
    http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/Swansea-City-boss-Garry-Monk-admits-tracking/story-22048834-detail/story.html

Would be great if another swap+cash was made with Bony going the other way

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Naughton, he's been found out at this level. All too prone to costly mistakes, there's really been no improvement in him whatsoever.

Can't see Swansea selling Bony, it would leave them incredibly short what with Michu gone. In fairness, there hasn't been a peep out of Bony either.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

I can't see it happening either, but it would be great :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Would anyone be worried that maybe why Dawson has stalled and we signed up rose is that vertonghen is leaving

I think Dawson just isn't too keen on joining the likes of Hull and wants to wait to see if a better offer comes in.

Secondly, he is due a testimonial soon and wants to stay for that.

Thirdly, it's happened the last 2 seasons in a row that we wanted to sell him and he ended up being a regular for the season. He probably fancies trying that one more time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Ormus wrote: »
    Thirdly, it's happened the last 2 seasons in a row that we wanted to sell him and he ended up being a regular for the season. He probably fancies trying that one more time.

And for that he must be respected and appreciated.

If Poch tells him that he will not be a first team regular, then the club shouldn't be trying to get rid of him if he wants to stay and try fight for his place.

He'll give his all for the shirt and would be an ideal captain on a cold wet Thursday night in the Europa League.

I'm the same, I'm happy for Dawson to stay as long as he's happy to be backup CB if Poch sees him as being that. He's been a valuable player in the past, pity his legs are gone. Naughton is another story......I'd offer him on a free

Wow, my whole attitude to Rose has just changed, Rose: "We’ve brought in Ben Davies now and I’m hoping he can improve me".

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/danny-anticipates-bright-future-010814/

• Advertisement

Tottenham News @TottenhamLatest 7s
    Southampton boss Ronald Koeman has told SSN that Morgan Schneiderlin has not asked to leave Southampton.

It's not like we badly need him, we have Sandro, Capoue and Dembele

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Yeah and is he that much of an upgrade on any of them, especially for the prices being quoted?

SuprSi wrote: »
    Yeah and is he that much of an upgrade on any of them, especially for the prices being quoted?

Not an upgrade, the only advantage is that he's already coached in the system Poch wants us to play

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭LostArt

Not an upgrade, the only advantage is that he's already coached in the system Poch wants us to play

He's a much better play maker / passer than any of our current lot

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

SuprSi wrote: »

I'd love if we got him but don't think we will.

He's a great tackler, is a better passer than Sandro and moves the ball much quicker than Dembele.

He's tailor made for the pressing game Poch wants.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭slegs

Look like Schneiderlin rumours not going away

@HotspurRelated: .@BenSmithBBC understands there is an outline agreement from Tottenham Hotspur to sign Morgan Schneiderlin. #THFC http://t.co/UxGtp77eEK

And the Rodriguez rumours..

@HotspurRelated: .@BenSmithBBC believes Jay Rodriguez remains hopeful of signing for Tottenham. #THFC http://t.co/BdYhSFgEvK

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭golfball37

slegs wrote: »

@HotspurRelated: .@BenSmithBBC believes Jay Rodriguez remains hopeful of signing for Tottenham. #THFC http://t.co/BdYhSFgEvK
    4 years ago we were lining up Van der Vaart, god we've fallen a lot.

slegs wrote: »

It's a nice change to be the poachers for once

More Twitter on the Argie defender Musacchio

@HotspurLane: Argentinian reports emerging that Spurs have had a €19M bid accepted for Villereal defender Musacchio. #THFC http://t.co/M706Iek5He

• Advertisement

ITK stuff...

IOgOnfV.jpg

More...
    not much itk floating around, ive only been able to find these two minor bits

storts on naughts: Likely to go, yes.
    storts on jan: New deal will be signed soon

Been told the club are confident that MS will become a Spur, but may have to wait until the start of the season to save the face of the Southampton chair "they will both be here at the start of the season" comment. CB is complicated but expect a 1st teamer in by end of window and expecting Verts to sign on the dotted line early next week.

Other targets such as Jay Rod and H Moreno will probably have to wait until January. A number of loans lined up for outgoings and at least one midfielder and one defender to be sold.

Potential defensive squad

Walker/Fredericks --- Dawson/Kaboul/Vertonghen/Chirches/Dier/Velkjovic --- Rose/Davies

Potential defensive squad

Walker/Fredericks --- Dawson/Kaboul/Vertonghen/Chirches/Dier/Velkjovic --- Rose/Davies

Maybe another senior centre back with pace required?

ITK on the aforementioned defender...
    The Goat heard last night that our interest in Musacchio is real and that barring anything unforseen, a deal is 'close'.

Does anybody know much about him?

Apparently Mussachio has been kept out of the Villareal squad today.... After we'd submitted a £21m bid.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Apparently Mussachio has been kept out of the Villareal squad today.... After we'd submitted a £21m bid.

Is he a centre half?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Is he a centre half?

Yes. Can also play RB.

He was the club's player of the season last year.

He'd be some signing along side Vertogen but if we sign him I'd say Vertogen to Barca is around the corner

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Yes. Can also play RB.

He was the club's player of the season last year.

He'd be some signing along side Vertogen but if we sign him I'd say Vertogen to Barca is around the corner

Ye reckon, i reckon he'd play with Jan, with kaboul rotating, and daws and the roma would be sold

• Advertisement

http://Peru.com claim Musacchio is in his final hours with Villarreal as he's on the verge of being sold to Tottenham for 15M. #THFC

Advertisement