Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Transfer Gossip

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

There's a mad variation in the prices being bandied about.... Anywhere from £12m-£21m!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

Daily Mirror understand Tottenham are planning a £45M double ­swoop for Morgan Schneiderlin and Wilfried Bony. #THFC

Mirror Sport claim Tottenham will return to Southampton with a second offer close to £20M for Morgan Schneiderlin this week. #THFC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

We won't be signing all 3... schneiderlin, Bony and Mustacchio

Maximum two and maybe just the one.

This isn't last summer..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

If we make 2 (or more) more signings expect a major departure. Obvious candidate being Vertonghen. No way we're bringing in all these players with no cash coming in.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭DildoFaggins

We need to offload about one of our 10billion CMs instead of Vertonghen.

We need to offload about one of our 10billion CMs instead of Vertonghen.

Don't over-exaggerate. It's 5000.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

THFC wrote: »
    If we make 2 (or more) more signings expect a major departure. Obvious candidate being Vertonghen. No way we're bringing in all these players with no cash coming in.

Unless something Levytastic is happening you would have to expect a sale or two.

So far this Summer we have a net income of £4m.

Hypothetically, say we sell Sandro for £10m, Dawson for £6m and Naughton for £4m.

Giving us a net income of £24m.

Added to the very small net income from last year..... Surely we have enough in the kitty for Schniederlin, Mustaccio and Bony - if, Poch convinces the board they'll make all the difference! :)

Just saw on Sky that Swansea have bought Marvin Emnes and Gomis from Lyon - both players are strikers in the mould and image of Bony. Why would they buy two such players if Bony was staying?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Why would we sell Sandro? I don't get why people seem to be ok with this...he's bloody brilliant.

Kiith wrote: »
    Why would we sell Sandro? I don't get why people seem to be ok with this...he's bloody brilliant.

Spends half the year out injured. Gotta love him though.

Eto'o. Well thats our yearly free transfer rumour sorted.

Kiith wrote: »

He's my favorite player of the current squad by a long distance. Phenomenal holding midfielder and tackler - I love the way he loves a tackle.

Though, being realistic, if we're bringing in Schineiderlin then it's mostly Sandro who will go - well he's the only rumored one. In my above post I only included the players who are rumored to leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Hammar

Poch likes his 4-2-3-1
    so if as believed Sandro is on his way out it will be

Paulinho....Schniederlin
    ....... Erriksen

in that midfield diamond with Dembele and Hotby backing them up.
    I think it's clear as day that we are selling the wrong Brazilian.

Italian source Calcio News claim Musacchio is a step away from joining Tottenham Hotspur and is due in London in the next few hours. #THFC

ITK
    trix on verts signing new deal: Just been told this has been done. The person that told my mate would definitely know

Goal claim Tottenham Hotspur are on the verge of completing a deal for Mateo Musacchio. #THFC

Goal understand all parties are now satisfied with the terms Tottenham are set to pay for Villarreal's 2013-14 player of the season. #THFC

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Hope this one happens.

Even if Vertz leaves it sounds like we have a pretty decent replacement.

Slightly concerned that none of the bigger EPL or European clubs where in for him...

Stolen from the soccer forum

@GraemeBailey

Villarreal coach Marcelino has confirmed that Mateo Musacchio is set to join Tottenham.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Is this guy any good?

SuprSi wrote: »
    Is this guy any good?

Supposedly one of the best defenders in La Liga and player of the year last year for Villareal. My fear is we're going to loose Kabuol, could be a good thing, his injury record isn't great either, could be another King

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

could be another King
    :eek::eek:

You know what I like about this. It's a Pochettino signing. Lovren played under Poch at Southampton but joined Liverpool for £20m. We're after a defender from Argentina whose around the same age but has been playing in La Liga.

I reckon Poch said Lovren is not as good as this guy for the same money. We should be looking to sign him.

I really hope that's the case as Levy is listening to Poch and signing who he wants.

Yeah it certainly feels like we have a proper transfer policy this time and Levy is listening to Poch

This Pochettino-inspired transfer policy and the five year contract given to Pochettino is, finally, giving me great hope of a consistent future for THFC.

Sssssshhh..... Don't tell anyone though.

Coulthirst gone to Southend on Loan.

London Evening Standard claim Tottenham have opened negotiations with Lazio for the sale of Younes Kaboul. #THFC http://t.co/49iycuC0MA

London Evening Standard believe Tottenham Hotspur are close to completing a £17M deal for Mateo Musacchio of Villarreal. #THFC

ITK
    This is what I belive to be happening. CB(Musacchio) and CM(Schneiderlin) to come in. As things stand atm, unless something very opportune arises, I'd be surprised if any other senior players come in during this window. Rodriguez is Poch's first choice for LWF, and imo we will wait till Jan to move for him.

• Advertisement

I think selling Sandro is very risky business. Selling a fan favourite like that can always back fire especially if we don't get off to a good start under our new manager. Levy will be in the firing line too but that's water of a ducks back. If we do sell him, I expect it to be on deadline week rather the next 2 weeks

Advertisement