Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Transfer Gossip

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭awkwardboy

A new job for Freund. Probably better suited to this job than on the coaching team. Poch really seems to be putting his stamp on the club.

"In support of the Club’s expanding global activities, coaching and player development projects and scouting operations, Steffen Freund will now take up the role of International Technical Coordinator."
    http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/coaching-update-050814/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

Vermaelen to barca a possibility according to ssn, would dampen the vert exit rumours if correct.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

mushykeogh wrote: »
    Vermaelen to barca a possibility according to ssn, would dampen the vert exit rumours if correct.

Vert is going nowhere I would guess

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Latest rumour on Musacchio is that we remain confident of getting it over the line.

Really hope this one happens, like the sound of him and think it's a position we need quality in.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

Depay?????
    Meh.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Musacchio definitely sounds like he'd be a good signing, and we really need a CB to replace Dawson.

Depay?????
    Meh.

Depay has good potential but I'd like us to work with Lamela, Lennon, Townsend and Chadli until January at least. Hopefully at least two of them will come good this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭DaDerv

Ormus wrote: »
    Depay has good potential but I'd like us to work with Lamela, Lennon, Townsend and Chadli until January at least. Hopefully at least two of them will come good this season.

Cant still be holding out hope for Lennon?! He's getting progressively worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭DyldeBrill

I've no problem in giving Lamela, maybe Townsend a chance but Lennon and Chadli just don't cut it. Why let them weigh us down anymore?

DaDerv wrote: »
    Cant still be holding out hope for Lennon?! He's getting progressively worse.
    DyldeBrill wrote: »
    I've no problem in giving Lamela, maybe Townsend a chance but Lennon and Chadli just don't cut it. Why let them weigh us down anymore?

Lennon has only had one bad season, he's been a decent player for years. He doesn't want to leave anyway and no sign of him being sold.

Chadli has only been with us one season, which was also his first in England, is relatively young, good work rate, versatile, and improved slowly as the season went on. Not saying he'll ever be a world beater, but he's fine as a squad player.

We bought 7 players last summer, which was too many. I thought we were all agreed on that? So far this summer we've bought 3 players and Musacchio would make it 4. Hopefully we'll get Schneiderlin as our 5th and leave it there. We have a decent squad and now have hopefully a coach who can bring out the best in them. Lets not go nuts again on signings.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

Belgian media suggesting PSV have accepted a bid from Tottenham Hotspur for Memphis Depay with Chadli included. #THFC

Daily Mirror understand Tottenham have had an offer accepted for Memphis Depay with Nacer Chadli included. #THFC

Fichajes report Mateo Musacchio will play at Tottenham Hotspur next season after Villarreal accepted a £17M bid. #THFC

Fichajes believe defender Mateo Musacchio will join Tottenham Hotspur by Friday. #THFC

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

what is Fichajes?

what is Fichajes?

Foreign football website
    http://www.fichajes.com/

Daily Mirror understand Tottenham have had an offer accepted for Memphis Depay with Nacer Chadli included. #THFC

PSV have denied accepting a bid.

PSV have denied accepting a bid.

As they would, for various reasons including making sure they get their own targets

As they would, for various reasons including making sure they get their own targets

Or maybe they haven't accepted a bid yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Just an FYI for anyone who isn't aware.

Rumours have been for a few days that River plate get a percentage of the Musacchio sale. They're not happy that his valuation is £17m and want Villarreal to demand more money from Spurs.

Stinks of Moutinho.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭slegs

irishmover wrote: »
    Just an FYI for anyone who isn't aware.

Rumours have been for a few days that River plate get a percentage of the Musacchio sale. They're not happy that his valuation is £17m and want Villarreal to demand more money from Spurs.

Stinks of Moutinho.

Yes, but a lot of other talk on twitter that this was all known and is not an issue.

Some expect an announcement of signing today or tomorrow

• Advertisement

ITK
    Re Mateo Musacchio "Hearing this is very close and we expect this happen quite quickly"

Re Depay "Deffo some truth in this, Saints have told us we deffo not getting both so looking at alternatives, not saying it is going to happen but it could."
    The Goat has been told in no uncertain terms that there's nothing in the Depay story.
    On Depay:

Not to dismiss others but I have heard nothing on this and would be surprised to see Chadli leave

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

ITK:
    Depay....No
    Knop......No -excellent source
    Morgan... Likely starting to put pressure on Saints
    matey... Very likely(this not complicated as far as 3rd party deals go(speaking to an expert on this sort of deal)
    Full update around 3 pm ish when we are back on shore.

Re: Musacchio
    Very confident that this will happen now that is all.
    No timeframes no questions just good solid stuff.

So all signs seem to be saying the Depay rumours are a load of b0llox. I must say I was a bit surprised when I first heard them. €15m being quoted for the "best thing in Dutch football" - something didn't fit.

While it appears all systems go for Mustacchio. I won't be happy until I see the jersey in his hands at Hotspur Way.

World Cup star DeAndre Yedlin has said he is still waiting for move to Tottenham Hotspur to be finalised. #THFC http://t.co/ipy26I6tzF

Yedlin (Tottenham): "Nothing is really finalized yet. I’m waiting, letting my agency handle it. It’s an honour." via @mattpentz. #THFC

This one seems to have slipped under the radar, not one itk called this one. The media are full of bs about the Memphis story, shows there's more to listening to itks, the media just jump on every rumour be it true or not.

Long ITK:
    Well here goes. Had another great day and I actually managed to get a couple of lines in the water myself today, now the boys are starting to get a bit of experience. 6 of us in total today including my mate, an agent, an ex player turned NT physio, and a guy who works for a very large international agency(the fixer), where he looks after the players on their books based in the Midlands and in the South. As such this is a contrasting set of info and is NOT as well placed on some other ITK that I may well be going against, looking briefly at what has been posted by others in the last 24 hours.

Firstly Knoplyanka

Not shown any interest at all since a very small enquirey in January. There has been very little interest in him at all and I don't want to give too much away but he is not very highly thought of off the field by very many at all. His attitude and workrate are poor and from what I can gather any potential interest died with Poch's appointment. I'd say this one has next to no chance of coming off.

Depay

None of them thought there was an actual link at all for this guy, but I must admit none of them could say for sure we weren't interested. The reason I posted "No" in my previous update was more to do with the next couple of bits though, regarding other players than it is actually about Depay.

Firstly J-Rod...

Is very happy to stay at Southampton.........because his rehab is going exceptionally well. He still very much wants to come but realises things are difficult atm and also understands he needs to be fully fit to have any chance to play in our side as it is far more competitive than Saints. He has no intention of signing the contract that has been on the table for weeks and will more than likely join in January if things don't happen this window(again due to his injury neither party is in any real rush to push this through)

Secondly

Poch is happy with Nacer. was always the intention that he would be the rotation option for J-Rod/new LWF. Very very doubtful he will go from what I was told, and if I was a betting man I'd actually be expecting him to play more often than not.

Thirdly

The price of Depay. Now no numbers were mentioned but i got the impression the price would be very high. The reasoning was that the bigger clubs in Holland have decided(mutually) that their league is as good as the league in say Portugal and yet thir stars seem to be valued at a fraction of the price. Expect them to hold out for more in the future.

Schneiderlin

Is proper naffed off. refusing to do anything that doesn't benifit himself. He is training but only to make sure he is fit. Not taking part in team exercises and his agent is there all the time instructing him on what he can and can't do. They all seemed to think he would have to get a move and that Krueger would end up backtracking bit by bit very soon. It was Apprently KL that said he could go and not Krueger, and at the end of the day she signs the cheques. As one of them said, she probably doesn't even know what position he plays".

Mateo

The "fixer" works for a huge agency with many players from South America on their books. I asked him about the Mateo situation and how difficult it actually was to do a deal like this. He said all third party deals are tricky but this was not a particularly bad one as legally it was all in order. According to him some of them are such a mess of legalities that their are teams of international lawyers working on them to get all the details in order before the governing bodies will even look at the possibility of the moves being allowed. It is not always just an agent or club involved either and their have been occasions that involve some fairly immoral and even sinister business men, and it makes some deals almost impossible to the EPL in particular. He thought this one was very much above board though and being as all parties wanted the move it would very likely happen.

Verts

Was told again his contract was done almost a week ago. No idea why it hasn't been anounced though, but it seems the club (not just ours) are very much playing the media game now and are waiting to announce things in order to produce the biggest possible impact in media circles.

I'm sure there will be a little more as I remember it, but that was basically it as far as Spurs were concerned.

World Cup star DeAndre Yedlin has said he is still waiting for move to Tottenham Hotspur to be finalised. #THFC http://t.co/ipy26I6tzF

Yedlin (Tottenham): "Nothing is really finalized yet. I’m waiting, letting my agency handle it. It’s an honour." via @mattpentz. #THFC

This one seems to have slipped under the radar, not one itk called this one. The media are full of bs about the Memphis story, shows there's more to listening to itks, the media just jump on every rumour be it true or not.

I'd like if we signed this guy. He's raw but a very exciting talent, unbelievably fast and can cross the ball. We could sell Naughton and let Fredericks go out on loan, leaving Walker, Yedlin and Dier to compete for right back.

Another walker imo, hope we dont sign him, good going forward but cant defend.

Another walker imo, hope we dont sign him, good going forward but cant defend.

Have you seen a lot of him? He only turned 21 last month.

Defended well against Belgium in the second round anyway, I remember that game.

Anyway, it's a myth that Walker is good going forward, he rarely scores or assists.

Have you seen a lot of him? He only turned 21 last month.

Defended well against Belgium in the second round anyway, I remember that game.

Anyway, it's a myth that Walker is good going forward, he rarely scores or assists.

Iv seen a quite a few of his games with the sounders, he is a super fast athlete and good in the mls but i dont think he is a good defender.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Charliebull

Iv seen a quite a few of his games with the sounders, he is a super fast athlete and good in the mls but i dont think he is a good defender.

Perfect for spurs then so, and still an upgrade on rose

Advertisement