Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Transfer Gossip

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Ormus wrote: »
    Have you seen a lot of him? He only turned 21 last month.

Defended well against Belgium in the second round anyway, I remember that game.

Anyway, it's a myth that Walker is good going forward, he rarely scores or assists.

I was very impressed by Yedlin's final ball in the Belgium. Every cross was dangerous and crying out to be attacked.

Surely he can't defend any worse than Walker...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

mushykeogh wrote: »
    Iv seen a quite a few of his games with the sounders, he is a super fast athlete and good in the mls but i dont think he is a good defender.

Fair enough, you know what you're talking about. Maybe he's young enough to develop into a defender or maybe he has a future as a winger. He'd definitely be good to watch anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

Daily Mail claim Tottenham Hotspur could complete the signing of DeAndre Yedlin today. #THFC

MailSport understand Tottenham are close to agreeing a £2.75M for Yedlin and he would join January, after the finish of the MLS. #THFC

Goal understand Queens Park Rangers are preparing a £10M bid for Andros Townsend. #THFC pic.twitter.com/k0qzlx0SGk

Goal believe Spurs are reluctant to sell Townsend with Mauricio Pochettino being impressed by him during pre season. #THFC

Probably more lies but I agree, He's young, I'd like to see what he could do under Poch, offer them Lennon instead.

Daily Mail claim Tottenham Hotspur could complete the signing of DeAndre Yedlin today. #THFC

MailSport understand Tottenham are close to agreeing a £2.75M for Yedlin and he would join January, after the finish of the MLS. #THFC

Goal understand Queens Park Rangers are preparing a £10M bid for Andros Townsend. #THFC pic.twitter.com/k0qzlx0SGk

Goal believe Spurs are reluctant to sell Townsend with Mauricio Pochettino being impressed by him during pre season. #THFC

Probably more lies but I agree, He's young, I'd like to see what he could do under Poch, offer them Lennon instead.

Lennon and Townsend will both be staying.

Lennon and Townsend will both be staying.

Latest ITK says the same
    My only comment:
    Poch is very happy with all the players so at this point, i don't expect too many more incoming.
    Obviously this can and probably will change but it is current.

Centre Back will happen.

This just popped up too,
    Marca claim Atletico Madrid are in talks with Tottenham to bring Roberto Soldado back to Spain. #THFC pic.twitter.com/ssoTT63pBs

It's Marca so it's most likely made up

• Advertisement

Latest ITK says the same

This just popped up too,
    Marca claim Atletico Madrid are in talks with Tottenham to bring Roberto Soldado back to Spain. #THFC pic.twitter.com/ssoTT63pBs

It's Marca so it's most likely made up

I'd be surprised if Soldado left at this stage. I suppose it's not beyond the realms that we'd get Bony in and let him go, but unlikely.

I still think Soldado could get us 20 goals this season. Confidence and service are all he needs.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Spurs do a pre-season tour of the US which was as much to do with football on the pitch as marketing the club in the US off the pitch and then we just happen to be linked to one of the MLS's up and coming young stars. Very suspicious.

Spurs do a pre-season tour of the US which was as much to do with football on the pitch as marketing the club in the US off the pitch and then we just happen to be linked to one of the MLS's up and coming young stars. Very suspicious.

Suspicious in what way?

We've bought players from our summer tours in the past. Khumalo and Mabizela spring to mind, but I'm sure there were others. Not that those two would inspire us to do it again.

Suspicious in what way?

We've bought players from our summer tours in the past. Khumalo and Mabizela spring to mind, but I'm sure there were others. Not that those two would inspire us to do it again.

Exactly.

I'm not saying its a publicity stunt. God knows there's a lot better ways to spend 3 or 4 million on marketing then buying a player who will most likely hang around the reserves for the next 2 or 3 years but it feels like it could be part of the decision .. to have that link to in the U.S. and the MLS. I know i'm been over cynical but thats was my first thought when I heard the story.

To be fair he is an international for a decent enough national team so he's already head and shoulders above Khumalo and the likes.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

Kaboul rumoured to be valued at £6m....injury prone..
    Vermaelen £15m older and injury prone..

Am i missing something?

• Advertisement

Exactly.

I'm not saying its a publicity stunt. God knows there's a lot better ways to spend 3 or 4 million on marketing then buying a player who will most likely hang around the reserves for the next 2 or 3 years but it feels like it could be part of the decision .. to have that link to in the U.S. and the MLS. I know i'm been over cynical but thats was my first thought when I heard the story.

To be fair he is an international for a decent enough national team so he's already head and shoulders above Khumalo and the likes.

I know what you mean. It might be a sorta kill two birds with one stone job. But, although I've only seen this guy play one game, I confidently predict he's head and shoulders above the two I mentioned. He's like Walker, only even faster, and can actually cross a ball. Hopefully he's not as bad a defender as Walker, but he may well be.

Kaboul rumoured to be valued at £6m....injury prone..
    Vermaelen £15m older and injury prone..

Am i missing something?

Vermaelen had one bad injury I think. Kaboul has had a lot.

Vermaelen is just a strange case because both Barca and United have simultaneously an urgent need for a ball playing centre back and there just aren't any around who fit the bill as much as him.

Villarreal confirmed the signing of Victor Ruiz. More than likely Musacchio's replacement. It's close.

Even if we don't sign anyone else after this I'm very happy with this transfer window, strengthened our defence

^^^ true enough but we better hope our MF forwards chip in with plenty of goals this year 'cos Ade and Soldado aint gonna be enough

Southampton manager Ronald Koeman has said Tottenham target Morgan Schneiderlin is being difficult. #THFC

Koeman: We spoke to him this morning, situation is difficult because the player makes it difficult." #THFC

Koeman: "The situation hasn't changed. We won't sell him. He isn't in squad tomorrow because he says he isn't in a place to play." #THFC

Koeman: "So we've given him the weekend off and Monday he has to come back." #THFC

Southampton manager Ronald Koeman has said Tottenham target Morgan Schneiderlin is being difficult. #THFC

Koeman: We spoke to him this morning, situation is difficult because the player makes it difficult." #THFC

Koeman: "The situation hasn't changed. We won't sell him. He isn't in squad tomorrow because he says he isn't in a place to play." #THFC

Koeman: "So we've given him the weekend off and Monday he has to come back." #THFC

I can't help but feel sympathy for Southampton. We've been in their position many times over the last few years..... And it feels sh*t.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

If Musacchio comes to Spurs and we get a decent striker I would be more than happy,we defiantly need a striker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

tippspur wrote: »
    If Musacchio comes to Spurs and we get a decent striker I would be more than happy,we defiantly need a striker.

Are we linked with anyone ? Torres on loan ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

mickman wrote: »
    Are we linked with anyone ? Torres on loan ?

we aint using the T word on here since the Vertongen face gouging incident;)

and he aint nowhere near good enough for us thankfully:)

ITK
    Happy camp Tick
    MM Tick
    MS Eventually
    Depay No
    Kono No
    Rodriguez club would like this window, but probably have to try in January
    Yedlin January
    Out goings 3 or 4 over next couple of weeks

[UPDATE]

Jan Tick

• Advertisement

Villarreal have just unveiled Víctor Ruiz, who joins on loan from Valencia. Mateo Musacchio's move to Tottenham should now go through.

A picture of MM holding up the new jersey any minute now hopefully!

Vermellen to Barca means their interest in Vertoghen is all but dead. Hopefully we'll hear about a new contract there too.

Hopefully we'll get a new attacker in too. We still havent replaced Defoe. It would need to be someone pretty decent and a significant improvement on Kane, otherwise just give Kane a shot in the cup games etc.

A picture of MM holding up the new jersey any minute now hopefully!

Vermellen to Barca means their interest in Vertoghen is all but dead. Hopefully we'll hear about a new contract there too.

Have you heard something new on this?

Last I heard Villareal had offered him a bumper new contract on almost same terms as Spurs offered.

no, nothing other then the usual jibber jabber on social media in the last few hours.
    Last I heard Villareal had offered him a bumper new contract on almost same terms as Spurs offered.

Thats disappointing from our point of view, if true.

Itks say the player contract is agreed since last week, it's down to Villarreal who are looking to make more from this deal. River Plate stand to make 35% due to a sell on clause. Player was only on 20k so we could easily triple his wages. I've read Spurs may need to buy the agent out of the deal and then offer Villarreal more.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

It needs to be sorted asap. We really need another quality CB, as we can't rely on Dawson. Hopefully Dier can step up and play alongside Kaboul, but i'd much rather a more experienced defender.

If this ITK is to be believed, we better get the popcorn out for Jim White and his crew on Sky Sports News.

I have been told that it will all be last day shopping at Spurs this year. (again)
    waiting for the right player at the right price
    coach happy with the players he has knows what he wants but DL not going to over pay like he did last year

If this ITK is to be believed, we better get the popcorn out for Jim White and his crew on Sky Sports News.

We need 7 or so to leave. Poch said he wants a squad of 25, we already have 33 including 11 attacking midfielders so expect a quick fire sale on deadline day

• Advertisement

We need 7 or so to leave. Poch said he wants a squad of 25, we already have 33 including 11 attacking midfielders so expect a quick fire sale on deadline day

so who's for the elbow.

I'd say we have a few loan candidates .... Carroll, Bentaleb, BAE, Mason, maybe Kane if we sign a replacement.

As for hard cash... if the offer is right, i'd say Dawson (QPR), Naughton, Vlad, Sandro (:mad:) ... hard to know with the lads who where at the WC but I wouldnt be surprised to see a big player like Paulinho, chadli or Dembele leave on a season long loan.

Advertisement