Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Transfer Gossip

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

so who's for the elbow.

I'd say we have a few loan candidates .... Carroll, Bentaleb, BAE, Mason, maybe Kane if we sign a replacement.

As for hard cash... if the offer is right, i'd say Dawson (QPR), Naughton, Vlad, Sandro (:mad:) ... hard to know with the lads who where at the WC but I wouldnt be surprised to see a big player like Paulinho, chadli or Dembele leave on a season long loan.

Agree with everyone there but I'd keep Bentaleb, he's a talent worth nurturing, did very well against Shalke, let's see what Poch can do with him. It's also try keep Townsend for the same reason

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Were going to struggle for goals, we'll really have to earn them. There's really no pace in the side bar Townsend.

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    Were going to struggle for goals, we'll really have to earn them. There's really no pace in the side bar Townsend.

Nonsense Lamela? Walker? Both are faster than Townsend.

I think too many fans are expecting all at once. Give Poch a chance with the squad before be make drastic changes. We don't even know how good our squad is with the turmoil that was last year. Lots of players just didn't perform last year and may turn out good under the new manager

True Walker is quick, but he doesn't create goals. Lamela is quick? I could be wrong but I've not seen his electric pace.

I'm not trying to bash the squad, I still believe it to be very strong. If Pochettino can implement his philosophy on the team then we'll do very well.

If we finish 6th, escape the hammerings of last season and manage to scrape the odd point off the top four sides, then it's something to build on for the following season.

• Advertisement

Sugarlumps wrote: »

FFS The Daily Fail,

Messi, Neymar, Suarez and Walker, No, it don't sound right

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

I'll start the car ....

Only kidding. There's are that many hot RB's around and those that are around are not available o rnot interested in joining us. Walker is about as good a RB as we can hope to have right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

so who's for the elbow.

I'd say we have a few loan candidates .... Carroll, Bentaleb, BAE, Mason, maybe Kane if we sign a replacement.

As for hard cash... if the offer is right, i'd say Dawson (QPR), Naughton, Vlad, Sandro (:mad:) ... hard to know with the lads who where at the WC but I wouldnt be surprised to see a big player like Paulinho, chadli or Dembele leave on a season long loan.

I'd hold on to Bentaleb. He's Sherwood's legacy and a decent one at that. I can't see Kane being loaned out, unless we sign a striker.

I'd put BAE in the 'for sale' list. I'm only after finishing Harry's book, he loves him. Maybe we could get £5m from QPR for BAE?

Dawson, Naughton and Vlad are strong candidates for sale. Dier came in and did well, which puts massive pressure on Vlad. Maybe Vlad would be worth loaning to a Premier League team.... he has the core traits of a decent centre back (fast, aggressive, strong) - maybe a bit of PL experience could improve his positioning and awareness. He could do worse than being put in next to Rio Ferdinand at QPR. He could do Rio's running and Rio could smarten him up.

I can't see Paulinhio fitting in to Poch's team at all. He's not a holding midfielder at all and he's not a No. 10 - if a decent bid came in for him it will definitely be considered. If only the Juve rumours were true.

A latest itk says Mustachio deal won't happen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭awkwardboy

I certainly hope we have other options lined up if that is true. Having Dawson as a possible starter each week gives me sleepless nights

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

ITK's are the biggest load of rubbish on the web. They don't know anything more than we do

mickman wrote: »
    ITK's are the biggest load of rubbish on the web. They don't know anything more than we do

More reliable than the press though

The Telegraph understand Tottenham Hotspur have eleven players up for sale. #THFC

Telegraph claim Townsend, Lennon, Soldado, Dawson, Ekotto, Naughton, Chiriches, Sandro, Capoue, Chadli and Dembele are all up for sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

The Telegraph understand Tottenham Hotspur have eleven players up for sale. #THFC

Telegraph claim Townsend, Lennon, Soldado, Dawson, Ekotto, Naughton, Chiriches, Sandro, Capoue, Chadli and Dembele are all up for sale.

My initial thought was 'that's a load of b0ll0x' but Lennon and Townsend were awful last season.Dawson, BAE, Naughton are no brainers and I could see 4 of the other 6 leaving too but I'd be surprised if Dembele goes or Soldado unless we have a serious replacement like Bony lined up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Typical. Our manager makes a very general statement about trimming his squad... The papers then apply the general to the specific and mention eleven names. We now have 11 new transfer rumours/sagas snowballing just before our season gets underway.

Does anybody have a direct quote from Poch saying he wants to reduce his squad to 25, or is it just ITK rumour stuff?

I can't see him getting rid of Townsend, Soldado and THREE of our four centre midfielders.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭awkwardboy

I doubt Sandro and Capoue are both up for sale. Capoue for instance has had a decent pre-season. Possibly one of them will leave but I can't see both going.

Also 4 homegrown on that list, Townsend, Lennon, Dawson and Naughton, no way they'd sell all 4

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

So going on a bit of time since I posted that the Musacchio deal wouldn't be an easy one and still no Musacchio deal.... Wish I was wrong but heading more and more down the Moutinho path.

By the way, as someone else said, ITK's are to be taken as tabloid.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Also 4 homegrown on that list, Townsend, Lennon, Dawson and Naughton, no way they'd sell all 4

Id say there's a fair chance it's bull$hit, but if it was true, it wouldn't mean we intended to sell all those players, just that we would listen to offers for all of them and sell maybe half of them max, while replacing half of those we sold, or something along those lines.

• Advertisement

@SpursOfficial
    We are delighted to announce that we have reached agreement with Seattle Sounders for the transfer of DeAndre Yedlin.

Bu8TTlhCIAEhgUz.jpg

DeAndre has signed a 4-year contract & will remain with @SoundersFC before joining us ahead of the 2015/16 season - http://spurs.to/YedlinSigns

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭DildoFaggins

Is he not joining us in January? shame if he isn't.

Is he not joining us in January? shame if he isn't.

Those on Twitter think it's a typo, that he'll join us when their season ends

Tottenham Hotspur ‏@SpursOfficial 30m
    We are delighted to announce that @hkane28 has signed a new contract committing his future to the Club until 2019

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Tottenham Hotspur ‏@SpursOfficial 30m
    We are delighted to announce that @hkane28 has signed a new contract committing his future to the Club until 2019

Oh dear

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

mickman wrote: »
    Oh dear

What?

I'm quite happy he's staying, see what Poch makes of him. Perfect for the group stages of the Europa and homegrown too. I'm tiring of all the negativity, it's getting fookin ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭LostArt

Have no problem with Harry at all, he's young, looks to be quite clever in positioning/movement and did well at the end of the season.

Perfect squad player for us tbh.

• Advertisement

Besides, we'd look like right fools if he did make it, Shane Long sold for 12m the other day.

Advertisement