Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Transfer Gossip

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Charliebull

What?

I'm quite happy he's staying, see what Poch makes of him. Perfect for the group stages of the Europa and homegrown too. I'm tiring of all the negativity, it's getting fookin ridiculous.

i know what ya mean about being positive, but i think we have to be realistic too, Kane will never make a top class striker, poch is a damn good manager but not a miracle worker

bit cocerned that on saturday we could see rose, naughton and dawson still in our back 4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

What?

I'm quite happy he's staying, see what Poch makes of him. Perfect for the group stages of the Europa and homegrown too. I'm tiring of all the negativity, it's getting fookin ridiculous.

Kane is not good enough for spurs. He works hard for sure but will never be first choice for team. He will most likely end up in championship next season . He won't want to warm bench for ever and he won't make be our first choice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

mickman wrote: »
    Kane is not good enough for spurs. He works hard for sure but will never be first choice for team. He will most likely end up in championship next season . He won't want to warm bench for ever and he won't make be our first choice

He could easily turn out better than Shane Long, is it really a big issue if the club keep him as a reserve player for this reason. He's obviously happy to be reserve hoping for the break.

He could easily turn out better than Shane Long, is it really a big issue if the club keep him as a reserve player for this reason. He's obviously happy to be reserve hoping for the break.

Of course not. When I said 'oh dear' I didn't mean it was a bad thing that he was being kept. It was more of a disappointment that it really doesn't look like we will be signing a striker

Ade / soldado / Kane is a terrible strike force

Ade : too inconsistent
    Soldado : doesn't look like he can do it in England
    Kane : championship player

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Strange comments. Kane is already a decent player and will almost certainly improve.

Nobody here has a clue how good he will be.

• Advertisement

Ormus wrote: »
    Strange comments. Kane is already a decent player and will almost certainly improve.

Nobody here has a clue how good he will be.

Wager ? Kane will not at spurs for 2015/2016 season

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Well done Harry, you've earned it, still a lot to prove but it's good to see his accomplishments being acknowledged by the club

Wager ? Kane will not at spurs for 2015/2016 season

:confused:

What's that got to do with anything?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

Tottenham target Mateo Musacchio is starting for Villarreal in their game tonight. #THFC

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭awkwardboy

Tottenham target Mateo Musacchio is starting for Villarreal in their game tonight. #THFC

Time to move on I guess. I'm sure Poch would like to sign a centre half of real quality before the window closes. I'm sure we'll get someone eventually knowing Levy and transfer deadlines. Who can we realistically go for though?
    All signings so far have been very low key. We really need a marquee signing of some description to boost the squad and morale among us supporters!

Will need to offload Dawson first I think and he doesn't seem keen to move on which is a worry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Left Back on the Bench

It's true what Sherwood said, all spurs fans want is signings. Fair enough we could do with a centre half and probably unload a fair bit. I just want to see can poch improve the squad,get us organised and get some attacking football and enjoyment into watching spurs again

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭golfball37

It's true what Sherwood said, all spurs fans want is signings. Fair enough we could do with a centre half and probably unload a fair bit. I just want to see can poch improve the squad,get us organised and get some attacking football and enjoyment into watching spurs again

At this stage a season of consolidation would do me. He got the best outta everything he had at saints so let him work with what we have and see where the chips fall.
    I'm actually pretty optimistic for our prospects unlike other seasons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭DildoFaggins

Aaron Ramsay.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

Aaron Ramsay.
    eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

id take Agger… frozen out at liverpool for being to 'ball-playing' for Rogers last season, with Gerrard playing so deep he wouldn't have really suited there style.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Very disappointing if he's not coming to the club.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

The latest on the ITK front is that personal terms are agreed for Musacchio and Schneiderlin.

Musacchio - It's now just a case of the ownership row to be settled and the money to go divided between his old clubs.

On Schneiderlin... we offered the asking price, agreed terms and then Southampton upped their asking price in order to save face and keep him. Apparently his lawyer is threatening to bring Southampton to court for some kind of anti-trade b0llox (obviously a very empty threat).

The above is compiled from a number of ITK's views. The only concern is that there isn't even a whisper of anyone else (a striker).

The latest on the ITK front is that personal terms are agreed for Musacchio and Schneiderlin.

Musacchio - It's now just a case of the ownership row to be settled and the money to go divided between his old clubs.

On Schneiderlin... we offered the asking price, agreed terms and then Southampton upped their asking price in order to save face and keep him. Apparently his lawyer is threatening to bring Southampton to court for some kind of anti-trade b0llox (obviously a very empty threat).

The above is compiled from a number of ITK's views. The only concern is that there isn't even a whisper of anyone else (a striker).

I'd be thrilled if we got those two.

Real bona fide Pocchetino signings.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

The Times reports that Tottenham Hotspur were yesterday informed of the availability of Mattia Destro after Roma conceded that the striker could leave the club this summer. Wolfsburg have been linked with an £18million offer but Walter Sabatini, the director of the Italian club, is believed to have flown to England for talks with Spurs.

This was talked about before and seems to be gathering some weight now. There's a striker for ya's lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Destro no thanks.

• Advertisement

I'm sure someone would prefer him to Harry Kane.

Looks like siggy had a fine game at old Trafford

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Looks like siggy had a fine game at old Trafford

delighted for them 1st ever win at OT and manus 1st time to loose their opening game since 72:D:D:D

davycc wrote: »
    delighted for them 1st ever win at OT and manus 1st time to loose their opening game since 72:D:D:D
    Swansea won there last season?

golfball37 wrote: »
    Swansea won there last season?

United won 4-1 opening game of season last season at home v Swansea.

irishmover wrote: »
    United won 4-1 opening game of season last season at home v Swansea.
    That was away, Bony scored the winner at old Trafford in new year

That was away, Bony scored the winner at old Trafford in new year

You're right about opening game of season.

But united won 2-0 at home Jan 11th aswell.

Just checked it up. Got confused about their 4-1 win.

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/match/index.html?event=3;opposition=311;team=357

You're right about opening game of season.

But united won 2-0 at home Jan 11th aswell.

Just checked it up. Got confused about their 4-1 win.

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/match/index.html?event=3;opposition=311;team=357
    Swansea won there in FA cup

Swansea won there in FA cup

Aye but the record was the PL

• Advertisement

Aye but the record was the PL.
    What was said was this was their first win at old Trafford ,which wasn't accurate.

Advertisement