Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Transfer Gossip

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

galinka wrote: »
    Parker on loan for a season now looks likely - esp that Sandro is out until October.

Sandro is out till October??? That is so so ****!! Hopefully he can make a speedy recovery, we need him badly.

Modric wasn't even in the bench today, he's going to be gone too. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

T-b0n3 wrote: »
    Sandro is out till October??? That is so so ****!! Hopefully he can make a speedy recovery, we need him badly.

Modric was injured nothing to do with any transfer

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

T-b0n3 wrote: »

Oh okay that makes sense. He won't be out for long? He's been training hasn't he?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 coola

thats what is always said when a player is on the way out

he could be injured but i doubt it

Papers are now saying that Modric did not submit a transfer request. I hate tabloids..........

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Papers are now saying that Modric did not submit a transfer request. I hate tabloids..........

Truly, I am shocked :rolleyes: is messi signing for us later this week? :pac:

Harris ruled out a move for Parker as well. I'm happy with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Welcome to Tottenham Mriko?!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmM9mdHqv9s

Papers reporting we're in talks with Roma for this guy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭hotspur147

http://youtu.be/WAW0QI41NLc
    its funny cos its true

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Deisler

I saw Bentley playing for us yesterday. I thought we flogged him off to Birmingham! We need to trim the fat bigtime.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Deisler wrote: »
    I saw Bentley playing for us yesterday. I thought we flogged him off to Birmingham! We need to trim the fat bigtime.

Nah that was just a loan, will be blessed if someone comes up with money to buy him.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭wellboys

I posted saying he was on the cards a few days back. Massive chance he'll be our first striker of the summer, could be pretty soon too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Looks amazing.

Then I watched the first clip in the suggested clips beside yours

http://youtu.be/6YCNGEoDPM8

I'm sure he's excellent.. def a big step in the right direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

He looks good! Quick, strong, can finish with both feet equally and his head! Could be a great signing, fingers crossed it happens!

We have signed a striker! Top scorer at this years U-17 World Cup with nine of Ivory Coasts 10 goals.

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/articles/souleymane-deal-agreed-180711.html

wellboys wrote: »
    We have signed a striker! Top scorer at this years U-17 World Cup with nine of Ivory Coasts 10 goals.

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/articles/souleymane-deal-agreed-180711.html

He got great reviews, one for the future...

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Someone mentioned to me that maybe we're trying to bulk up the youngsters for the next gen series coming up which will be interesting. Then again we were said to have offered to put him with the first team squad to get him to come to the club

Coulibaly and Ceballos look to be the ones for the future.. They might get a run in the Europa League.

Talks that Adebayor is willing to take a pay cut to join us.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

'equal the tournament record set by former Liverpool striker Florent Sinama Pongolle', I hope he turns out better than Pongolle!

Feic the future, can we have a striker for right now please?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'm all for building the squad for the future, but that chances of any of these guys getting a good run in the league is slim, and we need a proven striker now. Not 5 years from now...right now. The league starts in less then a month ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

Hope they dont go down the same road as GDS, and Taarabt.
    I know they were party boys, bad attitudes etc...
    but they still look the part..
    Theres enough positions at WHL not being utilised enough..ie Ferdinand a striker coach??? Pfffft.
    Surely they have someone to knock some sense into these youngfellas!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

mushykeogh wrote: »
    'equal the tournament record set by former Liverpool striker Florent Sinama Pongolle', I hope he turns out better than Pongolle!

FFS, face palm (self).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Being good at U-17 doesnt mean jack shít. AFAIK Spain didnt even qualify for the tournament, they're more interested in developing players properly for their first team.

Here's an extract from an article which sums up U-17 and below;
    “There’s no competitive football in Portugal until you’re 16 years old,” said Spry.

“There’s no Championships or league tables. There’s no ‘Let’s put all the big lads in today because we want to win the league’.

“You’ll hear a lot about English teams doing well at Under-15s or Under-17s.

Portuguese and Spanish teams couldn’t care less about Under-17s football. All they think about is developing players for the first team.

“They don’t look at the end of the season and say, ‘Oh, haven’t our Under-14 side won a lot of medals’. They look at how to develop youngsters into players. Ajax are the same. They don’t play competitive games and look how many of their players were involved in the World Cup final.”
    I'm not saying lests just forget about hyped-up U-17 players, but just be wary! Here's the full article btw, well worth a read if you have a few minutes - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=73211062&postcount=19

THFC wrote: »
    Being good at U-17 doesnt mean jack shít. AFAIK Spain didnt even qualify for the tournament, they're more interested in developing players properly for their first team.

Here's an extract from an article which sums up U-17 and below;
    I'm not saying lests just forget about hyped-up U-17 players, but just be wary! Here's the full article btw, well worth a read if you have a few minutes - http://m.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=73211062&postcount=19
    A lot of people are saying he's the next Drogba but he's only 5'7 so he'll need a good growth spurt first. That said a lot of "footballing people" says he's very different from Drogba but plays much more like Eto with very quick feet and turn of pace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 coola

A lot of people are saying he's the next Drogba but he's only 5'7 so he'll need a good growth spurt first. That said a lot of "footballing people" says he's very different from Drogba but plays much more like Eto with very quick feet and turn of pace.

this guy is a kid. life in london will turn his head for sure. we dont have a ferguson type to coach these players and turn them into men.

the piss head routine at spurs will continue

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭dodgygeezer

Given would have been a great signing.....

More rumours linking us with Pjanic today from Lyon with Villa and Lazio interested.
    He'd probably be more likely to get game time at villa but he might also prefer to play in Italy instead of England

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Mirko Vucini's name being mentioned a lot. Him and Adebayor, with Harry apparently on telly directly mentioning a possible loan deal.

Advertisement