Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Transfer Gossip

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

Not mad about this at all. Big step down from Musacchio. Plus Fazio has a pretty poor injury record.

Apparently he's effective in the air (6'5") but slow. Not ideal for a high line.

Never heard of him to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭awkwardboy

A definite whiff of desperation off this Fazio deal. I've never seen him play nor heard of him. From what I've read he's slow and that was enough for me. Not exactly inspiring stuff and I have my doubts whether he's an upgrade on anything we have including Vlad.

http://CalcioMercato.com understand Tottenham have agreed to the sale of Vlad Chiriches to AS Roma for €8M. #THFC

It was clear to everyone that we needed a class centre half and this is apparently what we've come up with. Looks like we put all our eggs in the Mateo Musacchio basket

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Balotelli off to pool for 16 million

I'd have liked him for spurs

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

mickman wrote: »

A steal at that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Seriously?

Poch wants the team to play a pressing game remember.

Balotelli rarely breaks into a jog.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Wouldn't touch him with a barge pole. Decent player, but completely disruptive!

Wouldn't touch him with a barge pole. Decent player, but completely disruptive!

Not many strikers around. He will mature with age

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

According to Twitter it looks like Vlad is going to Roma. Sad as I liked what I saw of him.

According to Twitter it looks like Vlad is going to Roma. Sad as I liked what I saw of him.

I thought he was good too - not sure why we are selling him. Are we keeping Dawson ???

• Advertisement

I don't think "keeping" is the right way of saying it ..."can't get shot of" is probably more accurate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

Itks have all said there have been offers for Dawson but he is refusing to go

Sad that Daws is ruining his reputation with the fans just so he can sit on a fat contract for another year (I think he just has another year. Signed a five year in 2010 I believe.) You'd think Levy would negotiate some kind of deal with him to get rid.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

i heard daws wants to stay 10years so he can get his testimonial?

Ah that makes sense so....the greedy sod! :D But at this rate nobody might turn up for it.

Ah that makes sense so....the greedy sod! :D But at this rate nobody might turn up for it.

I'd find this hard to believe. Daws wants to stay because he truly loves life at the lane and reckons he is still good enough

loves life at the lane
    Even though he's plainly not wanted there?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Just watched a bit of spurs v AC Milan in the San Siro a few years ago where we won 1 nil.

Dawson was unbelievable that day. He had Ibrahimovic (and Robinho) in his pocket all night. Such a shame the legs are gone.

Yes, most forget he was our player of the year in 2010

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Sad that Daws is ruining his reputation with the fans just so he can sit on a fat contract for another year (I think he just has another year. Signed a five year in 2010 I believe.) You'd think Levy would negotiate some kind of deal with him to get rid.

That's very harsh. Players are criticised all the time for not honouring contracts. Dawson has been a terrific servant and a great professional. Don't forget the club has tried to sell him the last two summers as well, and he ended up being a regular.

At the end of the day he's a professional. I'd estimate less than 1% of players ever take a wage reduction to go to another club, and if they do it's with a view to a future pay rise. It's never to do a favour to the club they're leaving. The idea is laughable.

The Spurs fans who go to the Lane week in week out understand football very well and Dawson isn't alienating them with his continued professionalism. His testimonial, if it happens, will be very well attended.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

the thing with dawson is that he's just not good enough for us, but if I was in his position i would be to keen on leaving the club either. Id say he loves it. He's club captain, been there years is on a good salary and seems to love the club. Why would he leave to play for a shiet hole club like Hull or QPR?
    i dont begrudge him tbh

Deal back on for Dawson?

http://theboyhotspur.com/deal-back-on/

I'd say we'll land Remy also.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

So we're not happy about this guy coming? I know nothing about him tbh.

Seems like another Ricardo Rocha/Ramon Vega/Paolo Tramezzani etc to me. I've been more excited about trips to the dentist to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

SuprSi wrote: »
    So we're not happy about this guy coming? I know nothing about him tbh.

I know nothing about him either, but the signs aren't good.

From Wikipedia;
    In his second year Sevilla finished third, but Fazio featured slightly less and saw time at both positions. He was mostly injured during the following season, playing only ten league contests (on 13 March 2010, he headed home in a 1–1 home draw against Deportivo de La Coruña[5]); the Andalusians eventually finished fourth in the league, also winning the Copa del Rey, but he was not picked for the final of the latter competition itself.

Still bothered with some physical problems in 2010–11, Fazio played the most he had in years, appearing in 19 games – 17 starts – as Sevilla finished fifth and qualified to the Europa League.

Whoever wrote his Wikipedia page gave up writing about him after the 2010-11 season. That's a three season gap!
    Plus all they wrote about is his injuries!

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭DaDerv

Tommy Carroll loaned to Swansea for the season. Be nice to see how he gets on in the Premier League and gives him more experience he wouldn't get at Spurs.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Left Back on the Bench

Why sell Vlad and then buy this guy?

• Advertisement

Unless your an avid viewer of Spanish football then it's unlikely. Personally, never heard of him.
    He's experienced, he captained Sevilla to the Europa League Final. Some say he lacks pace?

So does Mertesacker, can only hope he reads the game well. Not Pochettino's first choice as the other deal went pear shaped, here's hoping he turns to be a gooden!

Advertisement