Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Transfer Gossip

Options

Comments

Why sell Vlad and then buy this guy?

Height?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭DildoFaggins

He manhandled Diego Costa last season and was MOTM in the EL final he's pretty underrated in spain,ill take him.

Musachio was far too small anyway 5"10 and our tallest CB is 6"3(Kaboul) so it seems a good signing for 8M also consider Vertonghen was 12M and Mertesacker was 10M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

Why sell Vlad and then buy this guy?

Vlad hasn't pushed Dawson out of his place in the first team, for that reason alone I'd offload

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

DaDerv wrote: »
    Tommy Carroll loaned to Swansea for the season. Be nice to see how he gets on in the Premier League and gives him more experience he wouldn't get at Spurs.

This is a good move, hope he does well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 231 ✭✭Minjor

Fazio? I remember him having good defending stats in Football Manager. That's where my knowledge of him starts and ends. :D

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Sandro gone to Napoli apparently, £11m...

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

If danny welbeck is for sale I sure do hope we go in for him, may not be a world beater but knows the premiership, works real hard and knows how to attack and support.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭DildoFaggins

Swap deal with Lennon plus 5 million sorted.

If danny welbeck is for sale I sure do hope we go in for him, may not be a world beater but knows the premiership, works real hard and knows how to attack and support.

Yeah, I'd be happy with that, he'd do OK with us

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

We should go after that Sigurdsson fella from Swansea. A goal and two assists from one and a half Premier League games!

Fair play to him!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭slegs

We should go after that Sigurdsson fella from Swansea. A goal and two assists from one and a half Premier League games!

Fair play to him!

I have that horrible feeling that we are going to regret selling him..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

slegs wrote: »
    I have that horrible feeling that we are going to regret selling him..

I read a stat today that he hadnt provided an assist at spurs for 22 games or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

Wellbeck rumours seem to be gathering momentum.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

mushykeogh wrote: »
    Wellbeck rumours seem to be gathering momentum.

i hope not he is a wasteful excuse for a striker. id give kane gametime ahead of him all day long:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

mushykeogh wrote: »
    I read a stat today that he hadnt provided an assist at spurs for 22 games or something?

im not sure of the stats on him but he manily played LW for us where he wasnt as effective.

played CM again and making runs beyond the strikers where he is at his creative best.

He was right to move back at this stage of his career and i wish him all the best:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭golfball37

Not in a million years

I'm not Welbeck's biggest fan, but he may not be too bad with Eriksen and Lamela behind him. Unlike Soldado and Ade, Welbeck will hang on the shoulder of defenders and stretch defenses in behind. Welbeck has been pushed out to the wing for club and country, so I don't think we're seeing the best of him.

Dawson to Hull deal agreed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Dawson to Hull deal agreed.

Good luck to him, he'll be an excellent addition for Hull. Playing the high line at Tottenham was killing him. Fantastic player in his prime.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Good luck to Dawson, good servant.
    Wellbeck...hhmm not sure, up the middle maybe, crap out wide.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Depay scored again today. 5 in 3 league games I think that is.

Not sure he'd get into our team at the moment anyway.

A long piece of ITK...

I posted early in the matchday thread that I had had a fairly in depth convo with my mate this morning but would wait topost it until after the game because i wanted to explain it all as I heard it.

At the start of Poch's new adventure he sat down with Baldini and Levy and they went through what he thought he needed, and also where he thought we could lighten the load in the squad(position wise). Poch targeted the back four as his largest area of concern and also said he would like 2-3 upgrades(his own players in if possible. He obviously knew we weren't opperating on a Oil rich budget, and the three of them worked worked out what they believed to be the players in questions values Poch had a lot of input in this because he knew the players best.

The back four is seriously being adressed with 2 in already, and at least another one, possibly two still to come in. The others(the ones that Poch specifically wanted have proved much more difficult than we expected and although Poch is frustrated by this, he is happy that Levy has gone OVER the amounts they discussed originally, trying to get two of them in.

Outgoings

Nothing new really, Sandro and BAE and Dawson are just not in Poch's plans going forward. Even if they stayed they would get minimal game time(BAE none at all, he is done) and even then it would need quite a few injuries for this to happen. He doesn't see either Lennon or Townsend to be a good fit at WF although they both could offer something in certain games and is happy to keep hem but doesn't need both. Levy is a big fan of Azza though so make your own minds up on which one will be pushed more than the other. That said I think if good offers came in both could go. Naughton, Holtby, Soldado, and a couple of others would all also be available at the right price but Poch is happy for them all to stay.

J-Rod

I know there has been ITK from others saying he is not for this window, but I have been very reliably informed that Poch is pushing for him now. His rehab has gone very very well(as I have been posting) and it is believed that he will be back playing properly in the next 3-4 weeks. With his contract length and his refusal to sign a new deal he could well be available now, and Poch does want him, and his versatility is a big plus to being able to reduce the squad.

MS

I can't go into too much detail but I heard something that makes me far more optomistic about us getting him than say others that are getting their info from inside of Spurs. He has NOT accepted he is staying there and is STILL pushing for the move he was promised. His tweet slagging the club is STILL on his oficial twitter timeline and his people are looking into certain aspects of his contract that may have been broken by the club, and I can't say much more than that, other than it may be best for everyone to let him go.

Like I said nothing particularly new but I thought it was worth posting in detail especially the stuff regarding Levy going OVER Poch's valuations to get him the players he wants.

Sorry I don't have any incoming names for you all, but I would be amazed if we don't bring in at least two more before the window closes. As always I just pass on what I hear and like all of you hope we pull off what we need for Poch to get us to the next level.

Another ITK view on Schneiderlin
    The Goat has heard that Southampton's stance on Schneiderlin has privately changed over the course of this weekend. Also that allowing us to sign him would be further entertained should Levy provide assurance regarding Townsend and agree not to make a move for Rodriguez.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Eamo71

well then we should do a Real Madrid on them. Agree not to move for JR, get MS and then approach JR. Job done.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭oppiuy

The best piece of Business this summer will be NOT signing Danny Wellbeck or the Little Pea. I think we need a really good centre half and possibly a striker to battle it out for a starting spot but also different to what we have. Pace and the ability to get in behind defenders.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 231 ✭✭Minjor

Fazio is signing for Spurs, Sevilla sporting director has confirmed.

"It seems that Tottenham is willing to pay the [release] clause,"

Monchi: "Two months ago we talked about his renewal, but it was not possible."

"When an English team appears interested in one of our players it is difficult because they can multiply player salaries."

http://www.goal.com/en-ie/news/3921/transfer-zone/2014/08/25/5059062/tottenham-will-pay-fazios-release-clause-sevilla

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭nbar12

Danny Welbeck could be the equivalent of Sturridge at Liverpool for us?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭golfball37

nbar12 wrote: »
    Danny Welbeck could be the equivalent of Sturridge at Liverpool for us?

Ah please !:eek:

Advertisement