Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Transfer Gossip

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Charliebull

SuprSi wrote: »
    The goat has been around for ages and is a complete WUM. Real ITK is very rare, such as when that lad met Didier Zokora and Damien Comolli at a World Cup game and got photos of him holding a Spurs flag.

yes i think I have seen that goat on a few sites before going back to 2004,05,06. I could be wrong as the memory isnt what it used to be, old age and all that

but a lot of the so called ITK used to get ridiculed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

More ITK stuff (after all it is a gossip thread!)

Mazio done.

Schneiderlin

A lot closer than it was this time last week. Saints are bending under the pressure from the player his representitives and RK himself, who would rather his own people who want to be there, I am told this is not dependant on Andros going the other way although both clubs would quite like it to be the case.

I personally think this is very likely to happen now.

J-Rod

Poch still very much wants him in now although very unlikely if we get MS. We will certainly be back in for him at a later date though if we don't get him now.

Brazillians

Sandro is very likely to be off(deal basically agreed), and Paulinho not far behind him (although most likely a loan with an option), both to Italy is what I am told. Asked about the Prem teams that were rumoured in for Pauline, and drew a blank.

Soldado

As I have already posted, is available but no one is getting close to what we want for him. Had an offer to loan him which was knocked back as it doesn't benefit us at all. Think he is likely to still be here when the window closes. We are looking at options in case this happens but it's doubtful so if it does, don't expect a big name brought in to replace him.

Any decent offers for the fringe players are likely to be accepted as long as it suits us numbers wise. Very doubtful any others coming in on permenant deals unless others leave.

Only position Poch feels is week is WF(both sides) so players that offer us options are being looked at, and could well be a possibility. Was told Welbeck was not that likely as things stand.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

He already mentioned he's keeping Soldado & Townsend?
    Love to here an explanation if Sandro does move.

Future captain & Dawson exit.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/mauricio-pochettino-happy-wait-before-4118541?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

Fazio officially done and dusted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Heres some ITK news.

Fazio might get done today or thursday, maybe friday but hopefully before the deadline.

Its done...

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11675/9443181/transfer-news-tottenham-sign-defender-federico-fazio-from-sevilla-on-four-year-contract

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

Guys, the goat isn't a single person, it's the whispers the admins of the spurscommunity forum hear and post as an itk called the goat which is why it's so varied

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Guys, the goat isn't a single person, it's the whispers the admins of the spurscommunity forum hear and post as an itk called the goat which is why it's so varied

its complete nonsense

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

mickman wrote: »
    its complete nonsense

Just like the tabloids or SSN then, if you want truth I suggest you stay out of this gossip thread and read the press releases about what's already happened on the BBC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Just spoke to a reliable ITK, looks like Fazio will sign today or tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,632 ✭✭✭Glebee

Confirmed on Spurs web site

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

SuprSi wrote: »
    The goat has been around for ages and is a complete WUM. Real ITK is very rare, such as when that lad met Didier Zokora and Damien Comolli at a World Cup game and got photos of him holding a Spurs flag.

Ha yeah, remember that, something similar happened with Holtby. Some dude met the Shalke squad in the UAE and asked Huntelaar if he was joining Spurs, he replied "no, but Lewis is"

Bet he can't wait until we play Chelsea:)

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Just spoke to a reliable ITK, looks like Fazio will sign today or tomorrow

joke robber!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

Ryan Fredericks gone on loan to middlesborough.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

mushykeogh wrote: »
    Fazio officially done and dusted.

Stinks of Ricardo Rocha if you ask me.

(Was his first name Ricardo, I can't even remember he was so ****)

To be fair to the new lad. I know nothing about him and he hasn't kicked a ball for us yet but it's very underwhelming. Could see him going the way of Vlad and been here 'just in case" we need him but shipped on in 18 months time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Stinks of Ricardo Rocha if you ask me.

(Was his first name Ricardo, I can't even remember he was so ****)

To be fair to the new lad. I know nothing about him and he hasn't kicked a ball for us yet but it's very underwhelming. Could see him going the way of Vlad and been here 'just in case" we need him but shipped on in 18 months time.

I'm hearing that he's injury prone and has suffered losses of form in the past, but supposed to be a great reader of the game for interceptions and tackles, and won the most aerial duels in la Liga last year.

Lets wait and see. I'm hoping Poch fancies he can get the best out of him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 231 ✭✭Minjor

How much is the fee?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

Soldado with a neck injury?????
    No chance, i think no risks before deadline day.
    Similar to Bale....recurring back injury all preseason...
    Definitely think Welbeck amd maybe Schnierderlin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Soldado with a neck injury?????
    No chance, i think no risks before deadline day.
    Similar to Bale....recurring back injury all preseason...
    Definitely think Welbeck amd maybe Schnierderlin.

i think welbeck could b ok . he has a point to prove and i never liked to see him play when we faced them. He can be very dangerous.

With the right setup he could do well

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

have to say it i'll be gutted if Soldado goes in this window. He went through a lot of personal shiet last season, played under one and a half managers, the half referenced dropped him the game after he got a goal that had every chance of increasing his confidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

have to say it i'll be gutted if Soldado goes in this window. He went through a lot of personal shiet last season, played under one and a half managers, the half referenced dropped him the game after he got a goal that had every chance of increasing his confidence.

Agreed, I'd hate to see him go. He's a quality striker who had a terrible first season and I'd hope Poch can get something good out of him.

mickman wrote: »
    i think welbeck could b ok . he has a point to prove and i never liked to see him play when we faced them. He can be very dangerous.

With the right setup he could do well

I think Welbeck would be very good in the system we play. I hope if it's a loan that we have an option to buy at a fixed price at the end.

Yep he's pacey, runs down the channels and can score goals individually or in a team. An ideal replacement for Andros who is probably bring used as makeweight in the Schneiderlin bid.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Ormus wrote: »
    I think Welbeck would be very good in the system we play. I hope if it's a loan that we have an option to buy at a fixed price at the end.

Agreed. I said something very similar a few pages back and got eaten.

Welbeck's purchase will split the fans, but I'm sure he can prove himself.

Yep he's pacey, runs down the channels and can score goals individually or in a team. An ideal replacement for Andros who is probably bring used as makeweight in the Schneiderlin bid.

I'd see him more as a replacement for Soldado. It's good that he can play out wide, but he's a striker really. I think his finishing will improve.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'm absolutely against signing Welbeck. I've never seen anything from him that would make me want him at the club. About the only compliment Utd fans have had for him over the years is that he works really hard. He was terrible at the world cup, though so were most of the English team.

Obviously, if it happens i could be proven wrong, but i'm against it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Agreed. I said something very similar a few pages back and got eaten.

Welbeck's purchase will split the fans, but I'm sure he can prove himself.

I just don't get it, I'm not saying he's the best thing ever but the vitriol against him by a few posters is perplexing. He did the job for my FF team while I had him in it last year at least so maybe I've just happened to pay more attention to his performances than listening to what some utd fans have to say :pac:

Advertisement