Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Transfer Gossip

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Kiith wrote: »
    I'm absolutely against signing Welbeck. I've never seen anything from him that would make me want him at the club. About the only compliment Utd fans have had for him over the years is that he works really hard. He was terrible at the world cup, though so were most of the English team.

Obviously, if it happens i could be proven wrong, but i'm against it.

I agree his career hasn't taken off yet, but I think he has another gear in him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭golfball37

A 1 in 5 goal ratio for a striker who was playing for a club who win more games than they lose. No thanks.

I remember watching the WC analysis on Wellbeck and the pundits saying he was a great lad to track back.... Nothing to see here. Not good enough, we need quality that will improve us not work horses.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

golfball37 wrote: »
    A 1 in 5 goal ratio for a striker who was playing for a club who win more games than they lose. No thanks.

I remember watching the WC analysis on Wellbeck and the pundits saying he was a great lad to track back.... Nothing to see here. Not good enough, we need quality that will improve us not work horses.

Who's playing in a team who, as a team, played marginally worse than we did last season - doesn't same much about him at all.

It's baffling that you're saying he's not good enough but referencing what pundits said during England's abysmal WC campaign, have you watched much of the guy yourself, it doesn't sound like it which is why I'm struggling to understand how you've formed such a staunch opinion of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

golfball37 wrote: »

Didn't always play as a striker for United though.

Henry had a 1 in 5 record before he joined Arsenal, playing for clubs who won more games than they lost.

I'm not saying a players past record means nothing, but it's not a foolproof indicator of his future, especially where he's been played out of position and often as sub, and is still only 23.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭golfball37

Who's playing in a team who, as a team, played marginally worse than we did last season - doesn't same much about him at all.

It's baffling that you're saying he's not good enough but referencing what pundits said during England's abysmal WC campaign, have you watched much of the guy yourself, it doesn't sound like it which is why I'm struggling to understand how you've formed such a staunch opinion of him.

What I meant was if thats all the pundits had to say about him in a positive sense then what does that tell you??

I have seen enough of him to know he is not better than anything we currently have.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Charliebull

one word that should tell us if he was any good or not "fergie"

did he get much game time under fergie, i cant comment cause i have not seen the lad that closely

id have my doubts but ill support him as a spurs player

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭slegs

Montpellier have just tweeted that Spurs and Montpellier have an agreement for the transfer of Benjamin Stambouli a defensive central midfielder. Presume this is the end of Sandro and the purchase of Schneiderlin

https://twitter.com/talkingthfc/status/505420445462847488

slegs wrote: »
    Montpellier have just tweeted that Spurs and Montpellier have an agreement for the transfer of Benjamin Stambouli a defensive central midfielder. Presume this is the end of Sandro and the purchase of Schneiderlin

https://twitter.com/talkingthfc/status/505420445462847488

From a reputable French Twitter account

https://twitter.com/frenchftweekly/status/505422011011977216

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

Saw on Twitter we have moved on from Schneiderlin, today he changed his FB photo to We March on which is an official Southampton PR campaign slogan

You gotta love the first goal in the video :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Disappointed that Sandro doesn't seem to be in Poch's plans. He's been a fan favourite for ages now, and was our best player for a while.

Kiith wrote: »
    Disappointed that Sandro doesn't seem to be in Poch's plans. He's been a fan favourite for ages now, and was our best player for a while.

More to the Sandro story than meets the eye I'd say. Think he dirtied his bib with the club after he spoke out last year during Sherwoods time. Think he has become very injury prone too which is a factor.

I agree though about his value. Was my favourite player at his best. He had a few storming games against United.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,632 ✭✭✭Glebee

Only problem I had with Sandro was that he always seemed (to me anyway) to get booked early in the game which ment he was watching himself for the rest of the match. Does not really suit his game when hes on a yellow..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Glebee wrote: »
    Only problem I had with Sandro was that he always seemed (to me anyway) to get booked early in the game which ment he was watching himself for the rest of the match. Does not really suit his game when hes on a yellow..

He's far too slow for the way our new manager wants to play...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

one word that should tell us if he was any good or not "fergie"

Fergie also signed Djemba Djemba, bebe, and let Pogba go!

BBC reporting Stambouli on his way for a medical

http://m.bbc.com/sport/football/28992064

BBC reporting Stambouli on his way for a medical

http://m.bbc.com/sport/football/28992064

Turning out to be a busier transfer window than i had imagined.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Eh? out of the blue...where were the itk's on this one? covered by the mysterious surprise signings they always mention I guess :pac:

Eh? out of the blue...where were the itk's on this one? covered by the mysterious surprise signings they always mention I guess :pac:

Yeah strange how all the papers and SSN missed this one too, shows they no more reliable than the itks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Charliebull

mushykeogh wrote: »
    Fergie also signed Djemba Djemba, bebe, and let Pogba go!

And signed Keane, stam, cantona, Ronaldo scmichell,

Look my point was just, fergie knew a good player , I wonder did he rate wellbeck, I hope he works out if we sign him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

No idea who this guy is, though I'm surprised. Is he an upgrade on Sandro?

Look my point was just, fergie knew a good player , I wonder did he rate wellbeck, I hope he works out if we sign him

William Prunier was my favourite Fergie signing! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭h2005

Well I remember he caused a bit of a stir when he played him in a champions league game against Madrid ahead of rooney. Doubt he'll come to us as I'd say he prefer to play as a striker rather than a lwf.

Looks like Remy is going to Chelsea. Also, Holtby is nearly out the door to Hamburg

Yeah strange how all the papers and SSN missed this one too, shows they no more reliable than the itks

Reliable isn't a word that should be associated with either form of the shite mongers, the difference is that one set do it to make money, the other set for god knows what reason, for ****s and giggles?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Holtby gone.

Never his biggest fan but a bit concerned that we seems to have learned no lessons from last year.

Are these new guys any real upgrade on the existing squad or the lads that are leaving. I'd rather hold on to the existing lads... at least they have had a year or so to settle and gets used to the EPL.

At least Schnerderlin (sp) is proven to succeed at EPL level. This other guy might be an unnecessary risk.

Reliable isn't a word that should be associated with either form of the shite mongers, the difference is that one set do it to make money, the other set for god knows what reason, for ****s and giggles?

True, but like I said before, if you want truth stay out of the gossip thread, that's what it's about, take it or leave it. Lots of it will be rubbish, but it's what's being discussed in the various forums and on social media

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

I've a feeling Holtby might be another Kevin Prince Boateng. Was hoping he'd succeed at the club but just not meant to be.

True, you could pick successful and failed players from any manager. If poch wants him he must feel he will benefit the team.

• Advertisement

True, but like I said before, if you want truth stay out of the gossip thread, that's what it's about, take it or leave it. Lots of it will be rubbish, but it's what's being discussed in the various forums and on social media

What are you on about? I'm allowed to highlight the shite these guys post (or don't post) in the very thread where their shite is echoed, moreso when such a blatant example of their uselessness is provided. If you're bringing ITK's into the gossip thread then they're part of the topic and are free to be discussed. You post their bullshit, I say - oh look, bullshit - what's the point in posting to this forum if all you want is to aggregate any rumour you can find? I use newsnow for that :P
    I'm not asking you or anyone else to stop posting this shite, nor am I requesting that only the truth be posted, I'm just calling a shit spade for what it is.

Advertisement