Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Transfer Gossip

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

So Holtby gone and two signings who i know nothing about. I'm surprised about Hotlby tbh. He seemed to have been given a lot of game time in the pre-season, and i thought he played quite well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭DildoFaggins

Looks like Remy is going to Chelsea. Also, Holtby is nearly out the door to Hamburg

Can we do a swap for Rafa? please:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

Sorry pleasant Co, didn't read right (Friday beers), thought you were calling for itk stuff to be kept out of this thread, some have.

Are we to take it Paulinho is going nowhere?

https://twitter.com/paulinhop8/status/505486528395894784
    https://twitter.com/paulinhop8/status/505487334645989376

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Sorry pleasant Co, didn't read right (Friday beers), thought you were calling for itk stuff to be kept out of this thread, some have.

Are we to take it Paulinho is going nowhere?

https://twitter.com/paulinhop8/status/505486528395894784
    https://twitter.com/paulinhop8/status/505487334645989376

Hopefully not. I still think he could offer us alot this season. Paulinho/Eriksen/Lamela/Soldado (if he stays and gets a chance) all hit the form they did at previous clubs this season and we're in for a treat.

irishmover wrote: »
    Hopefully not. I still think he could offer us alot this season. Paulinho/Eriksen/Lamela/Soldado (if he stays and gets a chance) all hit the form they did at previous clubs this season and we're in for a treat.

Yeah I'm quite happy for any if them to stay to see how they perform under Poch but I also see the need of shifting a few if them if the offers come in

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 231 ✭✭Minjor

Disappointing to see Holtby booted out. He deserved more time.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Minjor wrote: »
    Disappointing to see Holtby booted out. He deserved more time.

Yeah, I liked the kid, we do have an over saturated midfield though so it's sorta understandable. Hopefully any deal has a buy back clause.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

yea hope any deal will see rafa rejoining us on a season loan deal with holtby going on loan the other way

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

davycc wrote: »
    yea hope any deal will see rafa rejoining us on a season loan deal with holtby going on loan the other way

Rafa? Best days are long behind him i think, dont think he would offer anything, pretty poor at Hamburg.

mushykeogh wrote: »
    Rafa? Best days are long behind him i think, dont think he would offer anything, pretty poor at Hamburg.

Yeah, he was only ever able for 70 mins with us back then

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I'd take him back in a heartbeat to be honest. Having said that I'd also take Robbie, Ginola and Carr so it's possible my objectivity might be somewhat skewed

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

mushykeogh wrote: »

Yeah he was great to watch at times, a stylish player and he tried hard on the pitch, but he just wasn't fit enough. He'd be comically bad for our pressing game now.

Not sure why we couldn't sort a deal out for Alex Song. Unless he just didnt want to come to Spurs because of Arsenal roots.

Not sure why we couldn't sort a deal out for Alex Song. Unless he just didnt want to come to Spurs because of Arsenal roots.

He's a waster. West Ham is his level.

Ormus wrote: »
    He's a waster. West Ham is his level.

I havent seen him since Arsenal but the season before he left he was brilliant.

He got a load of assists one seas

He got a load of assists that year but I think it was an anomaly. Not even convinced he'll be great for the Hammers. We'll see.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭h2005

Holtby in the squad for today. Wheres the speculation coming from that hes being forced out?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭slegs

h2005 wrote: »
    Holtby in the squad for today. Wheres the speculation coming from that hes being forced out?

Yup, no way he is leaving if in today's squad. Paulinho and Sandro on the other hand......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭yiddo59

Few rumours doing the rounds that Lennon is on the way out to another EPL club.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

qpr?? Him and sandro??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

yiddo59 wrote: »
    Few rumours doing the rounds that Lennon is on the way out to another EPL club.

If that's true them Townsend will be staying

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Charliebull

mickman wrote: »
    If that's true them Townsend will be staying

Sweet fcuking Jesus, will the misery of being a spurs fan ever end, the last time I was happy was 1991:eek:

Seriously I'd have Lennon over towns(no)end product

Talk that Defoe coming back to PL to QPR and not a loan. Ryan Nelson and his full coaching staff were sacked
    http://m.theglobeandmail.com/sports/soccer/toronto-fc-fires-manager-ryan-nelson-entire-coaching-staff/article20288080/?service=mobile

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Patww79 wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

he wouldnt do that even if they paid him 1million pound per week, he is made of better character than judas campbell:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Get rid of Sandro and keep Townsend? please not..no sign of a striker on the way either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

tippspur wrote: »
    Get rid of Sandro and keep Townsend? please not..no sign of a striker on the way either.

the 'striker' will be welbeck… just hope we hold on to/can't offload soldado, as i don't want to be relying on Ade as our best striking option for the season.

• Advertisement

Advertisement