Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Transfer Gossip

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

nooooooo we could have done with his energy and heart on the pitch today

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Thoroughly unimpressed. I like Holtby and would prefer if he stayed, and Rodriguez doesn't do anything for me. Getting rid of Townsend though, well he's had his chance and I don't think he's good enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

irishmover wrote: »
    Would be quite happy with that.

Me too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭DildoFaggins

Get it done Poch.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Charliebull

so BBC say that the french midfielder will be the only arrival in today

so we are stuck with what we have, while utd sign falcao and probably some others

ah well twill be a long winter

any word on rose bud, hopefully the injury will keep him out until after xmas and where is walkers injury at

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

so BBC say that the french midfielder will be the only arrival in today

so we are stuck with what we have, while utd sign falcao and probably some others

ah well twill be a long winter

any word on rose bud, hopefully the injury will keep him out until after xmas and where is walkers injury at

defoe leaving toronto , back to premier league. I would take him --again!

Chief football correspondent for The Independent Sam Wallace: "Spurs raise offer for Jay Rodriguez, which includes Andros Townsend. Townsend is prepared to go Saints."

I think it's the thought of Townsend leaving that's exciting about this one, not Rodriguez coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

There seems to be quite a lot of anti-Townsend sentiment in this thread. If this is mostly a knee-jerk reaction to his mistake yesterday it seems harsh. He wasn't even in the Spurs' half when he was dispossessed. Personally, I'd rather keep him before Lennon or Chadli.

Lemag wrote: »
    There seems to be quite a lot of anti-Townsend sentiment in this thread. If this is mostly a knee-jerk reaction to his mistake yesterday it seems harsh. He wasn't even in the Spurs' half when he was dispossessed. Personally, I'd rather keep him before Lennon or Chadli.

I think it's borne out of frustration. He has the things needed to be a success - speed, trickery, shooting ability, but he has never delivered for Spurs.

The mistake yesterday was just that - a mistake. As you said it happened in Liverpool's half and was more or less his first touch, so I don't completely blame him for it as it was still an outstanding goal, but I just don't think he has what it takes.

What happened yesterday has maybe caused the tolerance people were affording him disappear.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,632 ✭✭✭Glebee

lol, it started long before yesterday. Early last season maybe when he started cutting inside and balloning balls over the bar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Glebee wrote: »
    lol, it started long before yesterday. Early last season maybe when he started cutting inside and balloning balls over the bar.

he was actively trying to do this as well on sunday against the pool - i could see him trying to pull the trigger several times. its sooo annoying

Clownsend is basically a sh1t Gareth Bale. They both liked to cut inside but Bale's shots found the corner of the net whereas Clownsend's end up in the corner of the stadium.

I will accept though that he was great for England in his first two games which only makes his rubbish performances for us all the more frustrating.

SuprSi wrote: »
    I think it's borne out of frustration. He has the things needed to be a success - speed, trickery, shooting ability, but he has never delivered for Spurs.

The mistake yesterday was just that - a mistake. As you said it happened in Liverpool's half and was more or less his first touch, so I don't completely blame him for it as it was still an outstanding goal, but I just don't think he has what it takes.

What happened yesterday has maybe caused the tolerance people were affording him disappear.

That's a good post, some players just don't make the grade at certain clubs. He was terrific for QPR I thought. Sigurdsson is clicking for Swansea, never really lit the stage with us.

Clownsend - that made me laugh! :D
    QPR have submitted a bid for Tottenham midfielder Sandro and talks between the clubs are at an advanced stage. Is the Brazilian on his way across London?

I'll be sorry to see this fella go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭golfball37

It wasn't so much the mistake that maddened me it was his pathetic attempt to catch Moreno. The full back left him for dead and he is supposed to have more pace than anyone at the club.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭galinka

golfball37 wrote: »
    It wasn't so much the mistake that maddened me it was his pathetic attempt to catch Moreno. The full back left him for dead and he is supposed to have more pace than anyone at the club.

And all the others trailing in his wake. Serious lack of pace in the team.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Stambouli is done anyway.

Bloody hell we must have a massive squad these days.....I'd prefer quality over quantity though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

True, no-one asking where the full back or centre half was...? Moreno ran 3/4's of the length of the pitch unchallenged. An obvious flaw in the "pressing" tactics. That said, how could Townsend not sprint faster than someone with the ball? Cold legs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

Twitter has it that Poch has confirmed that Soldado will be staying, I don't expect a new striker now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

Twitter has it that Welbeck has chosen Arsenal over us

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

One can only hope

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭slegs

Horsh1t reporting based on logic that he is at the Arsenal training ground.......the entire England squad is at the Arsenal traing ground.....

Advertisement