Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Transfer Gossip

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Twitter has it that Welbeck has chosen Arsenal over us

Word is he is having a medical there today. If I had known I could have walked down to the Emirates and held the door for him.......

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Sandro to QPR for £6 million? There must be something that we don't know about for it to be that low. Fair enough, he's not played in a while, but for us to be so desperate to sell him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Kiith wrote: »
    Sandro to QPR for £6 million? There must be something that we don't know about for it to be that low. Fair enough, he's not played in a while, but for us to be so desperate to sell him?

Yeah, maybe there was some truth to what Sherwood said about him being slack in training. I know he tries his heart out on the pitch but maybe he isn't so good at the day to day.

It's all I can think of. That and the fact that he's injury prone. Maybe the club have decided his injuries will recur indefinitely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

Haha, funny to see the scum thread in meltdown over Welbeck, not exactly what they had in mind when they cried out for a striker

• Advertisement

Haha, funny to see the scum thread in meltdown over Welbeck, not exactly what they had in mind when they cried out for a striker

He'll be decent for them though

Ormus wrote: »
    He'll be decent for them though

Yes, I wouldn't mind him with us, it's just funny to see their meltdown after being spoilt with Ozil and Sanchez

Edit, SSN say thats not true at all

Yes, I wouldn't mind him with us, it's just funny to see their meltdown after being spoilt with Ozil and Sanchez

Edit, SSN say thats not true at all

Think the rumour was he was spotted at the Arsenal training ground. The England squad are training there.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭awkwardboy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Any word on Damiao?:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,632 ✭✭✭Glebee

Any word on Damiao?:D

Must be close at this stage..:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

Glebee wrote: »
    Must be close at this stage..:)

Its between him and Huntelaar!😄

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Jason 5pu45

Did I hear we signed another defensive midfielder???How many central midfielders do we have now??Must be 20

Did I hear we signed another defensive midfielder???How many central midfielders do we have now??Must be 20

Yes, one the manager wants since we can't get Schneiderlin. Sunday proved we haven't got a defensive mid that plays the ball quick enough

Is BAE still on our books?

What happens if Togo qualify for the AFCON? No replacement for Ade.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Jason 5pu45

i do agree we need one but I don't see where Dembele,Capoue,Bentaleb and this new guy are all going to fit.Capoue and Bentaleb were awful yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

Is BAE still on our books?

What happens if Togo qualify for the AFCON? No replacement for Ade.

Yea still on the books.

Anyone else worried that the central midfielder and centre half we have bought were not our first choice and may not be up to much? I hope I am proved wrong but its clear MP wanted Schneiderlin and Musacchio. Have we bought poorer versions of these guys? I've never heard of Stambouli to be honest, he wasn't really linked with any big club bar us. Fazio is in the same boat really, my (possibly flawed) reasoning being that if they are any good why weren't bigger team also interested? The last thing we need is more potential deadwood.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Sure who have we bought that Poch really wanted ... Dier? Davies? Yedlin?

Sounds awfully familiar. Poch will make the usual positive remark and then 3 years down the line we will found out he never wanted them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Very poor transfer window.
    Needed to strengthen in central defence and centre forward, and haven't.

• Advertisement

Are any of them an improvement on existing squad. Davies and even that's marginal.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Are any of them an improvement on existing squad. Davies and even that's marginal.

No, Davies perhaps, but that remains to be seen. There hasn't been a single upgrade in the squad.

We've signed 6, if we sign a striker I'll be ecstatic. We did most of our incoming business early but some still moan that we do nothing deadline day. I think this window is more about lightening our squad to make it more manageable, Poch commented he's like to bring it down to 25

We haven't got enough fire power, top 6 will not be easy.

We needed to bring in at least one world class player and we didn't. Utd and even Everton strengthened more than we did. Can't see us getting above 6th now. Very disappointing window but in truth did any of us think it would end any other way?

We've signed 6, if we sign a striker I'll be ecstatic. We did most of our incoming business early but some still moan that we do nothing deadline day. I think this window is more about lightening our squad to make it more manageable, Poch commented he's like to bring it down to 25

Lightened the squad? We've replaced mediocre with more mediocre. Apart from shifting a few youths on loan we haven't shifted **** all.

Has fcuk all to do with when we did our business.
    Are we stronger now than we were a couple months ago? No
    Has every other team competing for top 6 strengthened? Yes

We've gone sideways.... as usual. Just like our midfield for the majority of yesterday's game.

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Has fcuk all to do with when we did our business.
    Are we stronger now than we were a couple months ago? No
    Has every other team competing for top 6 strengthened? Yes

You know full well the reason is we need to shift some first

• Advertisement

You know full well the reason is we need to shift some first

Eh what?
    So we wait until deadline day and just happen to ship 3 or 4 out, mr levy all over, not good enough.

Advertisement