Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Transfer Gossip

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

^^ Ah those were the days

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

No more incomings then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

The outlook is bleak. We need Soldado to be a goalscoring freak and Poch to be a managerial genius.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Sandro... Sandro... SANDROOOOO...

(In an MGS snake has died voice)

Can't believe he's gone.

End of the best midfield we've had in years.

Really hope Poch knows what he's doing.

This welbeck thing is funny. All the arsenal fans saying how good a signing he is but if we signed him I guarantee they'd be laughing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

[QUOTE=

This welbeck thing is funny. All the arsenal fans saying how good a signing he is but if we signed him I guarantee they'd be laughing.[/QUOTE]

this and i promise you the only goals he will get this year will be againt us and manu:pac:

its always the way with these kind transfer sagas;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

one of the worst windows ever. Shocking.

still left with lennon / townsend / paulinho / soldado / rose / naughton etc etc

poch seems to think he is very happy with the squad - maybe thats because he is a mid table thinking manager - he has never worked with players as good as these because he has never managed a top club or gotten a club to the top level ???

• Registered Users Posts: 6,632 ✭✭✭Glebee

All will be revealed by Christmas. Well probally do ok against the weaker sides but cant see us posing problems for top 5 teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

mickman wrote: »
    one of the worst windows ever. Shocking.

still left with lennon / townsend / paulinho / soldado / rose / naughton etc etc

poch seems to think he is very happy with the squad - maybe thats because he is a mid table thinking manager - he has never worked with players as good as these because he has never managed a top club or gotten a club to the top level ???

Jaysus...take a deep breath there lad. Let the manager work with the players, he's only been in the job five minutes. Maybe said players didn't want to leave, just like Dawson before.

No one is thrilled, we've the slowest cb paring, our strikers are patchy at best. Still, there's a decent squad in there somewhere.

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    Jaysus...take a deep breath there lad. Let the manager work with the players, he's only been in the job five minutes. Maybe said players didn't want to leave, just like Dawson before.

No one is thrilled, we've the slowest cb paring, our strikers are patchy at best. Still, there's a decent squad in there somewhere.

Im not sure that there is . Dembele is gone so backwards , it would be tough to sell him. Chadli / eriksen are inconsistent

I can see us getting destroyed again this season by the big teams

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Im not sure that there is . Dembele is gone so backwards , it would be tough to sell him. Chadli / eriksen are inconsistent

I can see us getting destroyed again this season by the big teams

Dembele has looked well off the boil, and that was before the WC. At 27 it's a make or break season. To be fair to Chadli he's not really played much, could go either way? Eriksen has to do it against the top four. And your right, they all need to do it on a consistent level.

Even though I hurl abuse at certain players, the newer players should be given some lee way, new manager yada, yada. Rodgers had a pretty poor start at Pool. And for the most part they look pretty threatening again this season, without Suarez.

Getting hockeyed by them again put the kibosh on the previous result. It's gonna be a long season though, and were only three games in. Strachan was raving about Pochettino, he transformed that Southampton side in a short spell. Long term outlook is good if you ask me.

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    Dembele has looked well off the boil, and that was before the WC. At 27 it's a make or break season. To be fair to Chadli he's not really played much, could go either way? Eriksen has to do it against the top four. And your right, they all need to do it on a consistent level.

Even though I hurl abuse at certain players, the newer players should be given some lee way, new manager yada, yada. Rodgers had a pretty poor start at Pool. And for the most part they look pretty threatening again this season, without Suarez.

Getting hockeyed by them again put the kibosh on the previous result. It's gonna be a long season though, and were only three games in. Strachan was raving about Pochettino, he transformed that Southampton side in a short spell. Long term outlook is good if you ask me.

lets hope so - im just worried that he is out of his depth but as you say time will tell

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭golfball37

The bottom 12 in the EPL are all beatable and your playing for 72 points from these fixtures. if we win 95% of these games we'll have every chance to make 4th.
    I agree we're not good enough against the big teams but we don't need to beat them this season to get where we want to be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Charliebull

jayus such doom and gloom, we have 6 outa 9, lost to liverpool badly, lets move on

we didnt sign anyone cause maybe pooch wants to see the squad he has for himself and then go from there, give him a chance ffs

Patww79 wrote: »

fair enough but do you think levy will let poch in the job if he gets 8th ?

fair enough but do you think levy will let poch in the job if he gets 8th ?

yes take 8th but i still think we can get higher, everton and man u are not that much better than us

the premiership is all about pooch seeing what the players are like and let him decide next summer what he wants to keep and let go

go all out to win the europa league, guaranteed cl place

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭h2005

Patww79 wrote: »

If we finish 8th the season would be a massive failure. AVB and Sherwood were far better than that. We should be finishing 6th anything less is a failure anything more is a bonus.

• Advertisement

h2005 wrote: »
    If we finish 8th the season would be a massive failure. AVB and Sherwood were far better than that. We should be finishing 6th anything less is a failure anything more is a bonus.

would you prefer 8th in league and win europa

or

6th in league or win fcuk all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭h2005

would you prefer 8th in league and win europa

or

6th in league or win fcuk all

Obviously I'd prefer to win the Europa. I don't view them as mutually exclusive. Our squad should not be finishing below 6th in the league.

yes take 8th but i still think we can get higher, everton and man u are not that much better than us

the premiership is all about pooch seeing what the players are like and let him decide next summer what he wants to keep and let go

go all out to win the europa league, guaranteed cl place

man u ?

mata / falcao / di maria / rooney / van persie / shaw ......

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Just watched the interview with Stambouli at the training ground. If he can perform as well as he can speak English then we're in for a treat.

Good to see a young foreign guy join the club and not have language as an instant barrier.

Seemed like a good vibe coming from him. Maybe it could be a masterstroke getting 11m for Sandro and signing this lad for 5m.

man u ?

mata / falcao / di maria / rooney / van persie / shaw ......

yea, mata-rooney and van persie all played last year, di maria and falcao wont hit the ground running

nothing was ever won on paper

yea, mata-rooney and van persie all played last year, di maria and falcao wont hit the ground running

nothing was ever won on paper

di maria played very well last saturday plus those players will come good, thats for sure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭DildoFaggins

Really not sure If I'm ready for another year of Row Z Townsend and road runner Lennon again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭golfball37

irishmover wrote: »
    Just watched the interview with Stambouli at the training ground. If he can perform as well as he can speak English then we're in for a treat.

Good to see a young foreign guy join the club and not have language as an instant barrier.

Seemed like a good vibe coming from him. Maybe it could be a masterstroke getting 11m for Sandro and signing this lad for 5m.

I thought Sandro went for 6m?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

news flash chaps…. in the 22years of the premiership (when football changed) we have finished 4th twice, and 5th four times. This is when we have been at our very best and we still weren't good enough. we are where we are 8th-5th, maybe an odd season scraping to a 4th spot. This shall remain as long as enic are in charge because profits are up and that all that matters… its business. Theres no point in getting upset about this, just accept it as fact. We should purposely try and win cups because we haven't got the billions to win leagues, and I would rather be bouncing around wembley or some other staid celebrating a cup win that finish 4th and struggle to get to a group stage of CL.
    coys

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

Eric Dier withdrew from England U21s with injury

Advertisement