Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Transfer Gossip

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

SuprSi wrote: »
    Mirko Vucini's name being mentioned a lot. Him and Adebayor, with Harry apparently on telly directly mentioning a possible loan deal.
    Mirko Vucini is meant to be awfully moody and he did only score the same amount of goals as Pav did last year. I think people are getting carried away with the youtube highlights - am I the only one that thinks this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 coola

he got a whopping 10 goals last season

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭golfball37

Vucinic is another version of Crouch thats all, not as tall obviously.

Papers are saying we are after Pjanic from Lyon, lovely little footballer in the Modric mode. I would say he'll cost a few quid and if we get him Modric is definitely being sold imo.

coola wrote: »
    he got a whopping 10 goals last season
    11 in all competitions and 3 assists
    Verse
    Pav 12 goals and 4 assists.
    Crouch 8 goals 8 assists
    Defoe 8 goals 2 assists (But then he was injured for 4 months)

I'd be happily surprised if he turns out to be a superstar but I think a pinch of salt is needed I know it was said he fell out with fans and then his goals dried up.

11 in all competitions and 3 assists
    Verse
    Pav 12 goals and 4 assists.
    Crouch 8 goals 8 assists
    Defoe 8 goals 2 assists (But then he was injured for 4 months)

I'd be happily surprised if he turns out to be a superstar but I think a pinch of salt is needed I know it was said he fell out with fans and then his goals dried up.

and how many games did pav play, must less than vucinic i would imagine

• Advertisement

and how many games did pav play, must less than vucinic i would imagine
    Pav played an extra game but came off the bench 15 times compared to Mirko's 8

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Emoran

Hoping Pav gets a decent run in this season deserves a chance considering he was our top goal scoring striker with probably the least amount of games played !!

I also expect Gomes to be our number 1 next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

As dodgygeezer alluded to, it's frustrating seeing Given going to Villa. I know it's unlikely that City would've sold him to us, but he's so much better than either Friedel or Gomes and would definitely have earned us points this coming season.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭wellboys

Mirko Vucini is meant to be awfully moody and he did only score the same amount of goals as Pav did last year. I think people are getting carried away with the youtube highlights - am I the only one that thinks this.

For Roma in the last couple of seasons he's been played out of position, wide left. He's a target man, very Berbatov like with the way he controls, and holds up the ball. Look at his stats for Montenegro wheres he played as a CF and the tell a different story. I've seen him play a few times and the man is quality. He's the type of player we need. I'll be delighted when we sign him!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

http://www.teamtalk.com/news/2483/7051600/Harry-pleads-for-Luka-patience

"Luka wants to know that we'll be right up there challenging next season and we are working hard to bring in a couple of big signings that may convince him to stick with us. I hope so.
    "I have sympathy for Luka and his character has shone through in all this.
    "He's a fantastic bloke and a genius of a player. I'd just ask him to be patient."

I hope the part in bold will come true :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

The picture in the above link is brilliant :D

Harry-Redknapp-Luka-Modric-Tottenham_2523027.jpg

I still hope he'll stay, and if he does, i don't see him doing a Berbatov and being a bitch about it. As the article says though, we really need to show our intent and spend some money this summer. All these youngsters are great, but we need a quality striker now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

I also expect Gomes to be our number 1 next season.

Are you for real ? Hopefully BF starts in the sticks for me.

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Are you for real ? Hopefully BF starts in the sticks for me.
    Well Friedal doesn't fill me with confidence on the villa thread in the soccer forum they say hes gotten much worse over the last few seasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Well Friedal doesn't fill me with confidence on the villa thread in the soccer forum they say hes gotten much worse over the last few seasons.

Maybe I shouldn't, but I judge keepers on how many mistakes they make. The good ones make very little. Gomes made some more howlers towards the end of last season, and Friedel seems to me to be the safest bet.

Given would have been a great signing but that's water under the bridge now !

What does everyone make of Harry saying he was interested in Adebayor? Not in the city pre-season squad, big and powerful, he's the kind of player we need. He showed his quality this season against us in the CL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

wellboys wrote: »
    What does everyone make of Harry saying he was interested in Adebayor? Not in the city pre-season squad, big and powerful, he's the kind of player we need. He showed his quality this season against us in the CL.[/Quotei

I think the two players he is on about are vucinic and adebayour.

Crouch / keane and Defoe will then sold. Strikers will be vdv , 2 newbies and pav

mickman wrote: »
    wellboys wrote: »
    What does everyone make of Harry saying he was interested in Adebayor? Not in the city pre-season squad, big and powerful, he's the kind of player we need. He showed his quality this season against us in the CL.[/Quotei

I think the two players he is on about are vucinic and adebayour.

Crouch / keane and Defoe will then sold. Strikers will be vdv , 2 newbies and pav

I'd happily take that. Adebayor & Vucinic in, Keane & Defoe/Crouch out. Happy days.

With Bojan going to Roma, that should give us the green light to get the ball rolling with Vucinic. I'd say we could see something soon re: a bid or talks.

• Advertisement

I can't stand Adebayor, but i'd take him at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

We're linked with Ibrahim Afellay today.

He's a good player from what I've seen so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

T-b0n3 wrote: »
    We're linked with Ibrahim Afellay today.

He's a good player from what I've seen so far.

Not a notion we're getting him.

THFC wrote: »
    Not a notion we're getting him.

Yea I'd be thinking along the same lines tbh. I'd happily take him though.

And with this Ade thing, 170k a week??? That's a huge step up for us in terms of wages for any player, don't think I see that happening. But please god get us a top striker 'Arry or I might just break into tears come Sept 1st.

T-b0n3 wrote: »
    Yea I'd be thinking along the same lines tbh. I'd happily take him though.

And with this Ade thing, 170k a week??? That's a huge step up for us in terms of wages for any player, don't think I see that happening. But please god get us a top striker 'Arry or I might just break into tears come Sept 1st.

it will be a loan deal with a view to buying. spurs will pay 75 a week and city will cover the rest of his wages.

Naughton's gone out on loan to Norwich. Shame, would have liked to see him getting a shot at the first team, but at least he'll be playing.

it will be a loan deal with a view to buying. spurs will pay 75 a week and city will cover the rest of his wages.

He want to be scoring two a game for the season if there is any chance of us buying him at the end of it and coughing up all 170k ourselves!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I see VDV and Ade doing serious damage this year. He hates Arsenal and no lover of City so he'd be up for it. After Gallas turned into a decent signing I say give him ago

All the talk is that a fee has been agreed between Spurs and Roma for Vucinic, something around £13m - £15m. Don't know what he's like, but I know he's not the target man. From Youtube it looks like he's a good eye for goal and a bit of pace too, which is good.

Get him and Ade and I'd be happy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

just been hearing the same about Mirko Vucinic... 13m + add ons

Advertisement