Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Transfer Gossip

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Ah here now, it was very clearly a tongue-in-cheek comment.

Apologies, reading it now again I can see that. Not fully with it this morning :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

You are never too good to go down. Never.

Make no mistake, it is a real possibility. You are only as good as your last game so we are ****ed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭LostArt

We're ****e, but probably not relegation ****e tbh. That said, the team has zero leadership and fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

I'm looking forward to the January transfer window. I hope DL is already working on selling a number of players. Here's what I'd like to see happen...

Out

Paulinho - 12m (still though fondly of in Brazil)
    Adebayor - £5m (probably the least likely)
    Naughton - £5m (Yedlin will replace him)
    Chiriches - £6m (liked by a few clubs in Italy.... somehow)

In

New English or Serbian (no sh*t centre back)
    Central midfielder general
    Mid-20s striker
    Pacy winger

• Advertisement

Just shows how desperate we are when we are hoping that Walker will be our saviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Just shows how desperate we are when we are hoping that Walker will be our saviour.

Indeed, still he's the only player I can think of who has genuine speed. If he could only cross the ball, well he wouldn't be playing for us I guess.

Dier ain't no RB.

Sugarlumps wrote: »

The URL says "players to blame".

But from reading this quote...
    "When it's the third coach in a year and there are problems, perhaps it's not necessarily the coach that is the problem. Even so, we work, we try to find solutions," Lloris, who arrived from Lyon in 2012, said.

I think Lloris is blaming the board, not the players.

The URL says "players to blame".

But from reading this quote...

I think Lloris is blaming the board, not the players.

It's nut's, he's had three managers...only arrived in 2012.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Left Back on the Bench

He'll be cashed in on in January or the summer anyway. Him, Mason and kane are the only 3 who've worked hard for the team this year

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Left Back on the Bench

He'll be cashed in on in January or the summer anyway. Him, Mason and kane are the only 3 who've worked hard for the team this year

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

No way he'll be sold in January. He'll probably leave in the summer though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

It's nut's, he's had three managers...only arrived in 2012.

that is nuts in fairness. If i worked for a company with that kind of mgt turnover i would think there is something seriously wrong

Caught an article on my phone earlier that was reporting that both Ade and Soldado will be allowed to leave in Jan ... think it was on the telegraph.

The Mirror is reporting that both Dembele and Naughton have been told to find new clubs too.

Dembele has only started 2 league games under Poch ... same article reports ww paid £15 million (sterling) in 2012 for Dembele ... I didn't realise it was as much as that...

Caught an article on my phone earlier that was reporting that both Ade and Soldado will be allowed to leave in Jan ... think it was on the telegraph.

The Mirror is reporting that both Dembele and Naughton have been told to find new clubs too.

Dembele has only started 2 league games under Poch ... same article reports ww paid £15 million (sterling) in 2012 for Dembele ... I didn't realise it was as much as that...

Could be a few changes within the next few months, the striking department, two forwards are done. Been given ample opportunities. One fresh acquisition would be a boost. Don't see Ade budging? Soldado has never spoken out.

Can't see Naughton going anywhere, extremely short defensively. I wouldn't want rid of Dembele. He'll end up going to an Everton side, coming back to haunt us.

Big business come January...doubtful. Schneiderlin isn't leaving a winning side, whoever does come in will actually want to play for the manager, or the money. The latter we have in spades, I'd take Holtby back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭h2005

If it was only as easy as telling the players to go! Letting Naughton go doesn't make much sense. It's not as if we've too many options at right back.

... sure we have Yedlin coming in. He's just what we need ... another unproven foreigner with no epl experience. He'll be in good company.

isn't Ade's contract up in the summer ... I could see him leaving for next to nothing. desperate teams do desperate things (don't we know all about it ) and I could see some struggling team in one of the top European teams taking a punt on him.
    Failing that he might do a runner to Dubai or the new Indian super league. We live in hope eh?

Soldado will be just as tough to move on ... Even if we take a massive loss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 366 ✭✭Mayo Yid

There was an article I read this morning in some paper that Moyes is looking for Soldado on loan in Jan

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭golfball37

Mayo Yid wrote: »
    There was an article I read this morning in some paper that Moyes is looking for Soldado on loan in Jan

Unless Soldado is a basque that won't happen. They don't field Spanish players as far as I know. Foreigners yes but not Spanish.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Kimsang

Wasn't he hailed by many as the Modric replacement. I like him; when he's on his game he's unplayable - but doesn't seem to suit Poch's system of moving the ball quickly. Wouldn't be surprised to see him gone in January.

Stopped reading after the first line
    Frustrated defender eager to find first-team football as Kyle Walker closes in on return from injury

Telegraph or Matt Law never have a good word to say

Were eleven games in, and still none the wiser of the back four. That's not good enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

Man Utd in for Vertongen in January apparently :(

Well Verts sulked and played sh1te last year for Tim and still hasn't really put in a decent performance this year. Maybe Tim was right, he's turned into another mercenary.

Man Utd in for Vertongen in January apparently :(

If DL could get £20-25m out of them we'd be laughing. He's more sizzle than steak.

• Advertisement

If DL could get £20-25m out of them we'd be laughing. He's more sizzle than steak.

And replace him with who?
    Kaboul - Diabolical
    Fazio - New League.
    Dier - Just a kid.

He may be a sulky fecker but I'd currently have him in front of those three as things stand.

Advertisement