Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Transfer Gossip

Options
1178179180181182184»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/spurs/news/adebayor-granted-leave-for-personal-reasons_192855.html

A striker is a must in January, otherwise we'll be lucky to finish in the top half.

Good Riddance, don't come back. Don't want to make light of whatever issue he has but Spurs would be better off without him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

what a complete joke this guy is

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Sell him, he's brutal.. Harsh but true. Sell half a dozen in jan, naughton dembele , paulinho, Lennon , Adebayor and that's for starters

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭prodsc

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Sell him, he's brutal.. Harsh but true. Sell half a dozen in jan, naughton dembele , paulinho, Lennon , Adebayor and that's for starters

Not many buyers for them...:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Hammar

It's easier at this stage to list the players we want to stay.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/tottenhams-vlad-chiriches-on-the-radar-of-bayer-leverkusen-and-borussia-dortmund-9919924.html

I'm not liking all this talk of a loan bid for Chirches. It should be sell or nothing. We don't want some other team finding out he's a woeful centre back and then having the option to send him back to us.

Les Ferdinand says he said to dembele when he was a coach a spurs 'you are the next to play for real Madrid'

Nice work les

What's wrong with that? He was trying to motivate the lad to perform better and move on to better things!

What's wrong with that? He was trying to motivate the lad to perform better and move on to better things!

Ferdinand was a spurs employee. I would think that telling players that they could play for a better team was not on his list of duties

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭h2005

It shows the clubs mentality. I doubt the coaches at Arsenal, Chelsea or United are going around saying the same thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

People talk about there been something rotten at the core of the club....

Maybe it's a mentality thing. The playing staff know the best players ... their own team mates will ultimately be sold and moved on if they are deemed too good to stay at the club and need to move to the bigger european clubs to achieve their goals.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

This is a non-story. Whether Les was joking or trying to motivate or it was taken out of context, who really cares?

If Dembele went to Madrid, he would have had to put in some mighty performances for us first.

Unlikely.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭golfball37

mickman wrote: »
    Les Ferdinand says he said to dembele when he was a coach a spurs 'you are the next to play for real Madrid'

Nice work les

Nothing wrong with that from Les except the statement shows a lack of judgement in players and perhaps an insight as to why he's no longer a coach.

Dembele wouldn't get transferred to RM on Les' Xbox ffs.

So what would people prefer? That Dembele puts in about two seasons of stellar, Bale-esque, performances, winning player of the season twice before moving on to Real Madrid for a handsome fee OR we have the tepid performances that he's been showing until his contract runs out? I'd prefer the former to be honest.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

I'll go for option 3. He plays as well as he absolutely can, driving himself forward, as he should, with the knock-on effect of driving the team forward too, he then extends his stay on the back of playing as well as he absolutely can and continues to assist in the teams development.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Left Back on the Bench

I'll go for option 3. He plays as well as he absolutely can, driving himself forward, as he should, with the knock-on effect of driving the team forward too, he then extends his stay on the back of playing as well as he absolutely can and continues to assist in the teams development.

Can't see anything like these things happening. The Belgians with us seem to have a far greater notion of themselves then they're showing

Dembele should be dominating games for us. He's big, strong, can pass and carry the ball. When he wants to. Most of the time the game seems to pass him by

Mason and bentaleb aren't as good technically but seem to have a greater will to win and fight about them. They're at least trying to implement pochs game plan

Vertonghan yesterday, when bony was slipped through, actually stopped. He'd given up and waiting for bony to score before Davies made a super tackle. Keep going, keeper might save it and you're there to make a tackle or it might hit the post and you're there again. He just stopped and gave up.

For all the hype about these Belgians, they're work rate and will to win seems to be minimal.

So what would people prefer? That Dembele puts in about two seasons of stellar, Bale-esque, performances, winning player of the season twice before moving on to Real Madrid for a handsome fee OR we have the tepid performances that he's been showing until his contract runs out? I'd prefer the former to be honest.

I would prefer if a member of our coaching staff wasnt telling players that they will be the next to leave for a bigger club

I know it's only paper talk but I would prefer to see us spend £20-25m on a proven Premier League goalscorer i.e. Bony.

We've gone for too many player with no Premier League experience. Look at United over the years, their big players came from within the league Rooney, Van Persie, Carrick, Berbatov, Van Der Sar, Mata, Tevez and even Cantona!

A lot of foreigners in there who had to prove themselves with another club first. Bony is our man!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Bony is our man!

I wouldn't say no, still prefer Benteke.

Speaking of paper talk, The Sun says we're lined up for a £1bn takeover by the Qatari Government.

The Sun is the only paper running the story and it's got less detail than your average Sun article, so I'm guessing it's very much a space filler.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Ginger Pele retires.

_79809858_gary_doherty_spurs_getty.jpg
    Here he takes on Patrick Vieira, Martin Keown and Tony Adams of Arsenal in a 2001 FA Cup semi-final - he scored Spurs' only goal in a 2-1 loss

Advertisement