Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Transfer Gossip

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

just been hearing the same about Mirko Vucinic... 13m + add ons[/Quote

Yep. Fee seems to be agreed. Id say we will get our two strikers in , get rid of a few midfielders and crouch/ defoe and keane, sign Parker on deadline day and we r done

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

If you could get Adeboyour to play the way he played against us last season in every game then he'd be the signing of the season and worth every bit of the 170K.

Good to see Naughton going to a PL team, and one that he will get his hopefully getting a starting place in it too. Apparently HR said we had 15 different enquiries about him. You never know for sure if a good loan spell in the championship it proof that the same player has what it takes for the EPL.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

How much do we get if Tarabt goes for the 8 mill thats being bandied about?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

mushykeogh wrote: »
    How much do we get if Tarabt goes for the 8 mill thats being bandied about?

I read we we're getting like 30/40% of the fee.

Not sure how true or accurate that is though.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭wellboys

I think the only stumbling block regards Adebayor will be the wages. If we took him on loan we'd be asking City to pay part of his wages. Our top earners earn around the 80k mark, so about 45% of his current weekly wage. If he takes the pay cut to get first team football, fair play.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

wellboys wrote: »
    I think the only stumbling block regards Adebayor will be the wages. If we took him on loan we'd be asking City to pay part of his wages. Our top earners earn around the 80k mark, so about 45% of his current weekly wage. If he takes the pay cut to get first team football, fair play.

No way will City give us any of their players .Remember Bellamy ? he's now playing with city development squad at present , they wouldnt give us him last season , what chance do we have in getting Adebayor? .No chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭wellboys

BERBA wrote: »
    No way will City give us any of their players .Remember Bellamy ? he's now playing with city development squad at present , they wouldnt give us him last season , what chance do we have in getting Adebayor? .No chance.

He has come out and said he was all set to join us in January but Real came in last minute and thats an offer ya cant really turn down. I think Bellamy publicly said he wanted to play in Wales last season, thats why we didnt get him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 coola

BERBA wrote: »

city dont see us as a threat anymore so they will deal with us.

Looks like Adel is staying at QPR so wont be getting any money from that deal anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Am a bit annoyed when I hear that Ben Foster could be going on loan to WBA and Shay Given gone to Villa

Why are we not actively looking at these folks for ourselves?

We need a very good keeper very badly, its one thing to get strikers and score 3 goals a game, but when we are flapping at the back and letting is as many then we need to shore up defense

/rant

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Advertisement

Am a bit annoyed when I hear that Ben Foster could be going on loan to WBA and Shay Given gone to Villa

Why are we not actively looking at these folks for ourselves?

We need a very good keeper very badly, its one thing to get strikers and score 3 goals a game, but when we are flapping at the back and letting is as many then we need to shore up defense

/rant

Agreed. Like someone else mentioned above, i dont think city see us as a threat and we could have done something in a deal for Given if we really serious about it.

I think there's a serious issue around cash/funds.
    We've only signed a few lads for loose change so far and have'nt put in any concrete bids of note for anyone as far as I'm aware.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I can't understand us not trying to get Given either. It would have fixed our GK problems straight away.

If we don't get a quality striker in this week, then i don't see us getting anyone of worth at all. It's been too quiet for my liking.

Kiith wrote: »
    I can't understand us not trying to get Given either. It would have fixed our GK problems straight away.

If we don't get a quality striker in this week, then i don't see us getting anyone of worth at all. It's been too quiet for my liking.

agreed...Very quiet

Maybe lining up something spectacular ???

agreed...Very quiet

Maybe lining up something spectacular ???

I really hope that's true anyway!

It has been extremely quiet, not good.

How bad would it be if we didnt sign anyone of any significance thou?

If we could get Defoe back to the player he was the season before last and either PAV/Crouch chipped in with 10-15 goals, surely we'd still be there or there abouts in terms of a top 4 challenge.

...thats assuming we dont have any major injuries to Daws/Modric or Bale and that Friedel is the answer to our GK problems (for 1 season at least).

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

That's a big 'if' though, and we saw nothing last year to suggest that we'll ever see the good Defoe again. I'd love it if Pav and Defoe actually stepped up and really gave it everything. Knock in 40 goals between them and i'd be happy (at least happier then 20 between 3 of them).

If we don't get anyone this year, we'll be lucky to get a top 6 finish i'd say. Liverpool will definitely improve, as will City.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Khumalo gone on loan to Reading. Wtf? :confused:

jeeze....

We seem more intent at stopping Modric leaving than we are at being pro active in getting in some players

Kold wrote: »
    Khumalo gone on loan to Reading. Wtf? :confused:

whats wrong with that? It'll be good for the lad to get some experience in the CL with a team that only missed out on the playoff's

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

What happened to us signing this Mirko Vucinic chap from Roma? Rubbish? The Sun (i know) says we slapped a 9 mill price tag on Crouch! 9 mill!, looks like we will have crouchie for a while so!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Apparently there is interest in Vucinic from other clubs, so the price we'd agreed is going up. This means Levy will have to pay more or look for someone else. All rumour of course, much like the original one.

We need a striker. Out of all the positions we're linked with, we need someone up front. We cannot work under the assumption that just because Defoe had a bad last season he'll have a good one this time around. He may very well do, but the reason we didn't compete for 4th last season was simply because we didn't score enough goals, especially against the lower ranked teams, which is where Defoe normally does the business. And Crouch will never score more than a handful of goals a season either. As for Pav, what a shame he can't produce the goods consistently.

We need someone who will at least offer something of a physical presence up front, even if they don't score 20 goals themselves they will cause enough of a disruption in the box that the ball may fall to someone else who can put it away.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

From another forum, very well made :)

emailTBH.jpg

a lot of loans and "deadwood" moving on

Surely something must be on the way in...Please

LMAO @ loves pointing, shouting and running.

Jenas for 8.5M... pleeeeease.. If we got 2.5M I'd take it and run... run far away.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Deisler

Just over 2 weeks before start of season and no changes. We are in serious trouble..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

I'm begining to wonder if Harry Kane could do a job up front for us? Wouldn't mind seeing him in a friendly with the first team for us.

Oh we'll sign someone alright .. a' la Grzegorz Rasiak.:rolleyes: 4 mins before the deadline

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Yep,another day gone and not a sign of any new strikers:(

tippspur wrote: »
    Yep,another day gone and not a sign of any new strikers:(

Strikers.....Give me a keeper and couple of Centre halfs...please

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Patients lads. Judge our business at the end of the deadline. Doesn't look good at the minute, but lets wait and see what happens.

Llorente, Cahill & Diarra could sign and all could be rosy ;)

Advertisement