Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Transfer Gossip

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Bond clarified his statements tonight, and has reiterated that Spurs will not sell Modric. End of.
    BBC wrote:
    2120: FOOTBALL - Tottenham assistant manager Kevin Bond has moved to clarify his earlier comments concerning Luka Modric: "For the purpose of clarification and in case my comments this morning inadvertently misled anyone, the club's position on Luka Modric is quite clear - we have no intention of selling him."

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Deisler

Less than 2 weeks to go and no new striker or deadwood being shipped on. I have no confidence this season. Mid-table beckons. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Deisler wrote: »
    Less than 2 weeks to go and no new striker or deadwood being shipped on. I have no confidence this season. Mid-table beckons. :mad:

Hmmm, mid table really? So please tell me who is going to finish above us? So far we have kept the same squad that finished 5th last season and now that same squad is going to finish in mid table! I don't think so. Ok not getting players in is a disappointment but lets not all get too carried away, we still have a fantastic squad, who if stay injury free will compete for the top 4 positions IMHO. COYS

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Bobby Zamora?! Joey Barton?!!

Why not sign Kevin Doyle in exchange for Robbie Keane plus €3m?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

Disappointing transfer window so far but we live in hope. Im actually a fan of Zamora! hes like a better crouch but smaller! I think he would be handy to have, he does work his socks off and can actually hold the ball up unlike Crouch. Think Doyle would have more to offer in that role though.

Neither of them are the marque signing we are looking for though. Im hoping this financial fair play will leave us in a great position when it kicks in, but i doubt it!.
    Im sure the top clubs have a way of finding some loop holes to continue their massive spending.
    The premier league is the new franchise sport, like the NFL in the states.

• Advertisement

mushykeogh wrote: »
    Neither of them are the marque signing we are looking for though. Im hoping this financial fair play will leave us in a great position when it kicks in, but i doubt it!.
    Im sure the top clubs have a way of finding some loop holes to continue their massive spending.
    The premier league is the new franchise sport, like the NFL in the states.

There's no way that any of the top clubs are going to be affected by the financial 'fair' play. It's going to be a farce, with clubs like City pretty much spitting on it by getting the dodgiest deals in the history of football. You think Fifa will stop Real, Chelsea and City playing in Europe? Yeah right they will.

As for us this season, we need a striker to compete with the top 4, but we'll still finish in the top 6 i'd say. Other then Liverpool, i don't see anyone really challenging us.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Joey Barton lads ? Id say Harry reckons he'd be a triffic free....

He probably would be a triffic free. I can't stand him, but he's a good player. Not the kind of signing we need though.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭oppiuy

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Joey Barton lads ? Id say Harry reckons he'd be a triffic free....

Good player but we already have good players. Id take on free him if he wasnt so much of a thug and liabailty.

Id like at least one marquee signing, but i think we have the makings of a good sqaud already and i rather sign no one than pay 20 odd million for the likes of Henderson, Downing and Young

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Thing about Barton is I don't think Arry could handle him. Look how it's gone with Keane and he seemed to do was organise a Christmas party.

I think Keane plus a few million for Doyle would be a decent bit of business but he's not going to break us into the top 4.

What I wouldn't give for Defoe to be back to his best next week for the season. It would be like making a €20m singing.

• Advertisement

ziedth wrote: »
    I think Keane plus a few million for Doyle would be a decent bit of business but he's not going to break us into the top 4.

Good player, im a big fan, but it's goals we need and Doyle is not going to get us enough imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

Defoe really not good enough. He blows hot n cold, jus like Keane a few years back. Pavvy is the best we got, not sure Harry loves him. A top class striker would lift things at the lane and not a chance of top 4 without one.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Barton .. ffs, sure why not sign Adebeyor and Bellamy while where at it... make for some xmas party with Keano and Gallas.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭yidweiser

Crouch to Fulham.
    Zamora to Spurs.
    Now that would be great business.
    Zamora is a great hold up man\passer, can get his own goals and would be on the end of the wingers' crosses.
    Why are we not going in for Shane Long for £8m? Cheap and lots of potential.
    Maybe there is a deal for a European striker to come?

just read that city want Aaron Lennon and a swap for Adebyor is a possibility!!

jobeenfitz wrote: »

That'd be a terrible deal. I'm not Lennon's biggest fan, but i can't stand Adebayor.

A week and a half to go till the start of the new season, i doubt we will sign anyone of note. No doubt we will launch about ten bids in the hour before the transfer deadline closes!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

mushykeogh wrote: »
    A week and a half to go till the start of the new season, i doubt we will sign anyone of note. No doubt we will launch about ten bids in the hour before the transfer deadline closes!

sure there's still another month left of transfer possibilities, fingers crossed something decent happens :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭golfball37

Stoke will meet the asking price of 10m for Wilson but want him to take a pay cut.

We have offered 10m plus one player to Blackburn for Samba.

From the BBC gossip column

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

jobeenfitz wrote: »

I'm probably alone on this but I'd take that! If we SWP thrown in too it would be a great deal. Pineaar could come into the starting XI if Lennon, and he's just as good as Lennon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

THFC wrote: »
    I'm probably alone on this but I'd take that! If we SWP thrown in too it would be a great deal. Pineaar could come into the starting XI if Lennon, and he's just as good as Lennon.

Madness

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Anto12

Pienaar is no where near as good as Lennon ... Every left back or right back in the premier league would prefer to mark Pienaar rather than Lennon.. Hope to god we dont go for Adeboyor !!!!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

I doubt you're alone, ade is a good striker and on paper it'd be a great deal...but there's a reason Man City and ade aren't fighting off potential suitors, the lad is a toxic influence. What good is having a top class striker when no one wants to play with him.

TBH, I don't rate this story...it's up there with all the 28+yr old strikers we're apparently about to table a 20+million pound bid for - not on your life would levy spend that much on that age bracket. We will not come anywhere near ade's wage demands and he's too good [holier than thou] to agree with our wage structure, it's that simple.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

Madness , pienaar is a poor mans lennon

lennon, one trick pony who cant even perform his one trick all that often anymore. Dire last season for me, goes to take on his man, stops, passes back inside, 8 times out of ten, poor at crosses, poor at shooting.

I dont think Lennon's that great. he has improved of late but his crossing is not up to scratch. Adebyor is a top class striker but is def a trouble-maker. Maybe City would consider giving us 10 million and Tevez for Keane, only fair I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭fabvinny

samba would be a great signing for us,hope it happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

fabvinny wrote: »

Cash plus player/s

http://www.teamtalk.com/news/2483/7079211/Report-Spurs-make-Samba-move

fabvinny wrote: »

+1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Deisler

At last things seem to be happening. Cash plus players seem to be the MO..

Advertisement