Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Transfer Gossip

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭wellboys

Diarra to be announced tomorrow or Weds. Hopefully that kicks things off for us re; incomings! Wilson to Stoke looks to be sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭WHL

mushykeogh wrote: »
    Agreed, im sure the local politicians and community groups will demand some government funding to go ahead with the regeneration of the area. Levy will get his stadium and a bit of help funding it and the govt can claim the pr for investing in regeneration of one of the most run down areas of london.

That will - hopefully - be the end-result but it is an ideal chance for the club to say that they need to move elsewhere. I was worried about further trouble in the High Road last night. If you didn't care about the club (and we all remember Levy's statement about the distance travelled by fans), wouldn't it make a great target if you wanted some publicity. Thankfully all was quiet

Anyway we are going off-target. I see the rumours about Diarra but where are our forwards going to come from. Need to get the likes of Keane, Bentley and Jenas shipped out

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Wendell Gee

Watched Saturday's game. Llorente didn't impress to be honest. Defoe was the best striker on the pitch by a mile. JD has a proper pre-season under his belt, and could start the season on fire, like 2 years ago.
    There's little point in buying for the sake of it. Much better to wait and spend big when the right option is clearly identified.
    Anelka may be available with Lukaku in at Chelsea. Rossi is the best of the players we have been linked to, bar Adebayor, who wants to go to Madrid. I that state of mind, he could be a waste of space at Spurs, unless we got him on a loan, where he might play out of his socks for a big move.
    I know last week was only a friendly, but I was shocked at how poor Dawson was. Arguably our CB's are as big a problem as our strikers. Bassong looks broken, Gallas was out of steam in the last 15 mins too often last year, and we were vulnerable on set pieces all year.
    Samba and Rossi please, and Diarra would be excellent. Keep Defoe and Kranjcar. Pav will always fruastrate, but is a better option than Cropuch, in that the Russian clubs will pay big anytime for him- get Croouch out now if there is 10m on the table. review at Christmas. By then, Adebayor, Berbatov, and others could be screaming for a move.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

wellboys wrote: »
    Supposedly Diarra has signed tonight and Wilson is off to Stoke for about 10mil.

Deals appear to be done! Hopefully we move Bentley on and get the boy Ruiz in too... He can score goals! http://youtu.be/axQNyKElcCU

We still need a striker, even if Jermaine has a good season, Robbie/Crouch and Pav are too inconsistent...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

If we get Diarra we'll have arguably one of the strongest midfields in the league. Plenty of attacking prowess on the wings, and strength in the middle.

Definitely need that striker though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

but I was shocked at how poor Dawson was.

Yeah that jumped out at me too, hopefully it was him finding his feet again :o

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Hatch99 wrote: »
    The WAGS are hardly gonna be shopping on the High Road mate.

Of course not but they aren't going to know the difference. They'll just see 'tottenham riots' in the headlines and thats all they'll need to see.

anyway, I was thinking about this since my last post and I dont think we have anything to worry about.

the 7/7 bombings where much worse and made world headlines and its not like that incident stopped players signing for london clubs at the time so in conclusion, we have nothing to worry about.

jayzus, if we dont have Dawson then we have nothing at CB.

Really hoping kaboul has a good start to the new season.

I read an article the other day about out of contract players who still haven't been signed up and Upsons name stood out for me. We could do worse considering he's free as long as the wages are decent.

Personally I dont want us to sign Cahill. Dunno what it is but just not impressed enough. I would prefer Jagilka.

Samba, decent enough I suppose - caused us all sorts of problems when he got pushed up front against us last season and the year before.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

just seen on another thread,london riots started because robbie keane said he's staying at THFC.

Thieving and looting across much of the country. London calls it 'an abomination'. Birmingham calls it 'a disgrace'. Liverpool calls it 'a Monday'...

Seriously though. Looks like opening weekend will be postponed.

'Wont somone please think of the children football fans".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

The Times are saying Diarra's wages are a huge stumbling block in our attempt to sign him.

Also, the Daily Mail (:rolleyes:) is saying Newcastle are looking at Pav but we want £14m.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Not sure if i'd believe half the rumours, but we seem to be looking for crazy amounts for some of our deadweight.

At least VDV seems to think that Modric will still be here this season.
    http://www.skysports.com/story/0,,20876_7089339,00.html

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭-gilly-09-

I dont want Samba or Cahill. I dont think they are at the standard to get us back in the top 4 or as good as people are making them out to be. They are better than Bassong and Willie G. Would Rather Jagielka tbh. Lass Should make our Cm extremely strong.

MET Police reporting Daniel Levy and Harry Redkanpp were caught looting near Stamford Bridge!!

Can't believe it's come to this?! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

MET Police reporting Daniel Levy and Harry Redkanpp were caught looting near Stamford Bridge!!

Can't believe it's come to this?! ;)

As long as they pick up a sturridge or a drogba il be happy..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

BREAKING NEWS ! Tottenham have signed a new striker from Italy............Grabateli.....;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Stoke and Sunderland buying up the whole place

Upton gone to Stoke....another missed

Keane Going? - Stoke back in for Crouch and Placios

What are we...Oxfam?

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

Stoke and Sunderland buying up the whole place

Upton gone to Stoke....another missed

Keane Going? - Stoke back in for Crouch and Placios

What are we...Oxfam?

Not a fan of upson, dont think he is any better than Gallas/dawson/Kaboul. Robbie admits he is going but doesnt know where!http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2011/0810/keaner.html

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Upson is pi$$ poor, injury prone and I don't like his face. See ya Robbie, and about bleddin time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    and I don't like his face.

LOL.....I like that

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

SSN reporting Stoke in talks over Crouch and Palacios.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭condor26

Robbie to West Brom possibly? Just heard it on the radio in a shop that it might be on,
    also here-
    http://www.sportsnewsireland.com/soccer_irish/44265/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

If we offloaded the three of them we'd be laughing. could be £15m and what? 120k a week off the books,

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

BBC saying that Stoke have made a last bid for Palacios and Crouch. We need to get rid of some players, so let them go i say. We'll probably insist on stupid high costs though, and neither will leave.

Would we want both Crouch and Keane to go this late in the day.
    Most likely we wouldn't get replacements in before kick-off and that would leave us short up front.

... maybe if one was to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

I’d rather see Keane gone out of the two, although Crouch’s record isn’t dynamite he makes it awkward for defenders to mark him. He never moans unlike some and is glad to be part of the team, I’ve a soft spot for him, and his missus is a minx.

Harry wouldn’t let them both go unless he has something lined up, I still expect a wonder signing before the transfer window shuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

From Twitter.
    SkyGraemeBailey Graeme Bailey
    So looks like initial Spurs bid for Lassana Diarra has been turned down but talks continue, and links with PSG remain also #spurs #thfc

tippspur wrote: »
    BREAKING NEWS ! Tottenham have signed a new striker from Italy............Grabateli.....;)

Is he any good.????

Can't find much about him on the web

Only kidding. The other new guy 'Van Burner' looks the part. :D

Kiith wrote: »
    BBC saying that Stoke have made a last bid for Palacios and Crouch. We need to get rid of some players, so let them go i say. We'll probably insist on stupid high costs though, and neither will leave.

Yeah widely reported now, Stokes final bid.... http://www.itv.com/sport/football/news/stoke-in-final-bid-for-spurs-pair-13582/

If we got in Diarra and Ruiz/Hulk we'd be in pretty good shape!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭-gilly-09-

Id love hulk, think he'd be very suited to the Premiership. No idea if we could even afford him or how expensive he is?

Advertisement