Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Transfer Gossip

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

Would we want both Crouch and Keane to go this late in the day.
    Most likely we wouldn't get replacements in before kick-off and that would leave us short up front.

... maybe if one was to go.

it could never be the wrong to get rid of Keane. Hopefully he scores a million goals tonight so some stupid chairman will pay 65.5 euro for him

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

-gilly-09- wrote: »
    Id love hulk, think he'd be very suited to the Premiership. No idea if we could even afford him or how expensive he is?

His buyout clause is something like €80 million so I reckon we should just forget about him!! Don't think he'd come to us anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

Just hearing that Fabregas is gone
    Hope it's true

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Just hearing that Fabregas is gone
    Hope it's true

Yeah big loss for that lot if true.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭yiddo59

rumours tonight that Chelsea are gonna come back in and offer 32m + Benayoun for Modric. If true it'll really test Levy's resolve!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

yiddo59 wrote: »
    rumours tonight that Chelsea are gonna come back in and offer 32m + Benayoun for Modric. If true it'll really test Levy's resolve!

Tomorrow night's rumour will really test levy's resolve! Come Friday he'll be a wreck :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Levy can't back down now. He's been too vocal about how Modric isn't for sale. Also, if anything he's in a better position now then a few weeks ago. Luka has been quiet, and he hasn't handed in a transfer request. Once we get the first game played, I think the saga will be over.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

stoke offered 17mill for crouch and palacios, surely we should snap the hand off them? 10 mill to that and surely we can snag a decent striker?.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

For what its worth Benayoun has been on form in pre-season.

For what its worth Benayoun has been on form in pre-season.

Wouldn't touch him, is he any btter than Niko or Pienaar, I think not !

• Advertisement

mushykeogh wrote: »
    stoke offered 17mill for crouch and palacios, surely we should snap the hand off them? 10 mill to that and surely we can snag a decent striker?.

Sounds like a good deal to me. i dont think either are worth 10m a piece.

Pity its not 17m for Palacios and Keane. At least Crouch gives us an alternative. We'll be left with 3 similar type forwards after this.

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Wouldn't touch him, is he any btter than Niko or Pienaar, I think not !

Nah, me neither. Last thing we need is another slighty better then average attacking MF.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

My instinct says Modric will be gone...
    €32m plus Benayoun, Arsenal are getting €30 + €6m for Fabregas!
    I think Levy is using all the media hype to drive up the price, I wouldn't be surprised if they allowed Luka's transfer request to go public on purpose...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

I agree with ye on benayoun, he aint gona improve on what we have in midfield. we have to accept 17 mil for crouch, & palacios who struggled to kick the ball straight at times last year. Without a top striker we could return to mid table mediocrity this year. The one positive I can say about current strikers is they couldnt possibly do any worse than last year. Hope we hold on to Pavy and maybe a late bid for Berbatov.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

BERBATOV!!!!!!!!!!! I'd rather lick a wineo's nutsack then see him play for us again.

I agree about Benayoun though. Sturraige (spelling?) would surely be a better option?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

My instinct says Modric will be gone...
    €32m plus Benayoun, Arsenal are getting €30 + €6m for Fabregas!
    I think Levy is using all the media hype to drive up the price, I wouldn't be surprised if they allowed Luka's transfer request to go public on purpose...

He didn't hand in a transfer request though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,633 ✭✭✭golfball37

Svens Leicester have made a 3m bid for Keane according to reports. If we accept it I reckon an EPL club will match it easily and thats where he'll end up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

ziedth wrote: »
    BERBATOV!!!!!!!!!!! I'd rather lick a wineo's nutsack then see him play for us again.

Haha, I Enjoyed that one !

Honestly though, I'd have him back in a shot.
    We all know there's no loyalty in the game and players are not supporters

He was right to go to Man Utd.
    He got much more money and won the CL and 2 PLs.

Would love to see him back at Spurs
    Can't see it happeneing though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Quite a bit of talk about a loan deal for Adebayor being agreed. Not sure how reliable it is but...

http://www.espnstar.com/football/premier-league/news/detail/item654832/Tottenham-agree-Adebayor-loan-deal/
    Tottenham agree Adebayor loan deal
    Tottenham Hotspur have agreed a deal to sign Emmanuel Adebayor on loan from Manchester City.

The Togolese striker is on the hunt for a new club after being told he is not in Roberto Mancini's plans for the upcoming season.

Spurs manager Harry Redknapp has been on a look out for a striker to boost his firepower for their Barclays Premier League and Europa League campaigns.

And according to Sky Sports News, the North London club have agreed a deal to take the 27-year-old on loan at White Hart Lane.

Adebayor did go on loan with Spanish giants Real Madrid for the whole of last season and impressed with eight goals.

His preference was to land a permanent deal at Santiago Bernabeu but Madrid coach Jose Mourinho decided against taking the former Arsenal striker in.

Already a hate-figure amongst Arsenal fans for his provocative celebration in Manchester City's 4-2 win over the Gunners, his move to London rivals Tottenham will only do further harm to his reputation at the Emirates.

Adebayor!

Guess we'll have to think up a new song for him;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Jesus,

A loan move for him will be win/win but I can't see city agreeing too it.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭wellboys

ziedth wrote: »
    Jesus,

A loan move for him will be win/win but I can't see city agreeing too it.

It's really picking up pace, this looks like it could be done soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

Any other links? Not many carrying this story?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

don't give a f00k about the current ade rumour, however, hearing that our robbie might be heading to Galaxy, now that's interesting!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

keane to galaxy its all over twitter atm...didnt see that one coming

Mactard wrote: »
    don't give a f00k about the current ade rumour, however, hearing that our robbie might be heading to Galaxy, now that's interesting!

Another big signing on fee for Robbie!
    http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_7096226,00.html

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭marty2002

Really hope Adebayor happens, could do a job for a year, Robbie wiil always be a Spurs legend and he'll score goals in LA.

Emmanuel

Oh Adebayor, are you coming
    To grace the pitch north of the Thames?
    Your presence would be vindication
    Of a summer that's mostly been lame.

We're willing to overlook City,
    Your lack of decorum and grace,
    If you can put goals in the netting --
    Just please don't kick Bale in the face.

We Spurs are magnanimous people
    If you can score goals off your bum.
    In fact if you lead us to glory,
    We might overlook that you're Scum!

Ade, are you used to this welcome
    From fans you're accustomed to hate?
    We certainly don't need perfection,
    But Champions League would be great!

Just in, got a text from a good mate who was talking to robbies uncle, and apparently he's off to the states, fair play to him if true.

• Advertisement

Talk of €9m over to yrs, thats €8k a week....
    Some journeyman our Robbie...
    http://youtu.be/eF1BA9-0M8s

Advertisement