Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Transfer Gossip

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

He's gonna have some job trying to spin that Galaxy are his boyhood club :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Talk of €9m over to yrs, thats €8k a week....
    Some journeyman our Robbie...
    http://youtu.be/eF1BA9-0M8s

Presume you meant 80k? Just did a quick sum on the calculator and it's closer to 90k a week :eek: ffs.. I'd say the missis is well happy, heard she was pressing for a move to Californa.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

If Robbie goes to LA Galaxy then fair play to him,he owes Spurs or Ireland nothing imo,great player,best of luck to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Deisler

Robbie did us good but we need to ship him on. Good to see things moving. Must get a proven striker in. Would take Adebayor on loan for now..

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭ruiseal

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Just in, got a text from a good mate who was talking to robbies uncle, and apparently he's off to the states, fair play to him if true.

http://harry-hotspur.com/2011/08/looting-mastermind-will-be-deported-says-chief-constable/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I kinda hoped he'd go to someone like Wolves and knock in 20 goals this season just to show how the Liverpool move wontl define his career but who is going to turn down 80k a week and be in the top 5 players in the league.

Best of luck to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Reports now saying Levy is trying to agree a 12 million pound fee to make the deal permanent at the end of the season.... That's a good price if he comes good this season, City paid £25m for him..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

sky reporting bid accepted from Galaxy for Robbie Keane.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

^^^ Transfer deadline for MSL passed lastnight but still unclear if Robbie signed or not according to SSN

^^^ Transfer deadline for MSL passed lastnight but still unclear if Robbie signed or not according to SSN

Why do clubs always leave it so late?! If it goes through, spurs get 3 mill? I thought someone in the premier league would still pay 5 or 6 for robbie?

• Advertisement

Think the fee is around the £3.5m mark. Really hope it goes through, would do Robbie the world of good plus we'd be shifting out some deadwood.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I really hope he does go, for his and our sake. He's not going to get much, if any, game time this season, and he needs to be playing regular football, even if it is in the US.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

The MSL has restrictions that only 3 players can be over a certain salary cap. Galaxy already have 3 so that would mean having to organise 2 last minute transfers. Bit unlikely ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Ok....

is anyone concerned about the lack of anything?

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

Ok....

is anyone concerned about the lack of anything?

Only for the last 2 months or so...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,633 ✭✭✭golfball37

The MSL has restrictions that only 3 players can be over a certain salary cap. Galaxy already have 3 so that would mean having to organise 2 last minute transfers. Bit unlikely ?

They were getting rid of Juan Pablo Angel to make way for Keane, I heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭gar

Bye bye Robbie.
    Thanks

123 - Since his debut, only two players (Lampard and Henry) have scored more goals in the Premier League than Robbie Keane. Hollywood

From Opta. Thanks for the memories Robbie!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,632 ✭✭✭Glebee

Cya Robbie,
    Has been a good player for the club, its just a pity that the Liverpool move really ****ed everything up for him. Things were never the same for him since he returned.

This has to be my favourite Robbie Keane Spurs moment.:)

I'm happy for Keane. He's been a fantastic player for both club and country, and gets a lot of stick from people. No one can question his record though, and he has put in some amazing performances over the years. I'm glad he's going somewhere he might really shine, and i hope he enjoys himself.

Keano! Keano! Keano! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

glad he's gone, Robbie (heres hoping). No point pretending he's up to scratch cos he's Irish. good riddance!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

jobeenfitz wrote: »
    glad he's gone, Robbie (heres hoping). No point pretending he's up to scratch cos he's Irish. good riddance!
    Sorry but that is crap,Robbie is a Spurs legend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

tippspur wrote: »
    Sorry but that is crap,Robbie is a Spurs legend.

100% agree with you tippspur, people forget all the goals he scored for us and the amount of matches he won for us. Saying good riddance is total lack of respect IMO.

Anyone watch the city game? Only seen the last 20 by which stage city were rampant. How did Steven Caulker go?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

jobeenfitz wrote: »

Jog on... have some respect.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

mushykeogh wrote: »
    Anyone watch the city game? Only seen the last 20 by which stage city were rampant. How did Steven Caulker go?

He did ok, it was always going to be a tough night for him with all of citys firepower and so..

Hatch99 wrote: »
    He did ok, it was always going to be a tough night for him with all of citys firepower and so..

Yep, could be a great learning experience for him and spurs. A few rumours online about Modric not playing against hearts. I have a feeling if he doesnt play he will be sold to chelsea. I think the Europa league will cup tie him for the CL.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭gar

I would not be surprised or worried if he doesn't play. Harry said the finge players will play europa league

Watched the City game last night and individually I thought Caulker had a very decent game. Made plenty of challenges and was holding his own. He wouldn't have looked out of place in the City back 4. Of course Aguero came on, set up one and scored two. Amazing player. Another thing about Caulker and indeed the whole Swansea team is that they all looked very comfortable on the ball and dominated possession. One stat in the second half showed them with 54% and I think it was closer to 60% at half time.

• Advertisement
Advertisement