Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Transfer Gossip

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

jeeze folks....

What's going on, another 2 gone on loan, thats about 13 players out

At this rate we will have 13 in the squad

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I've said it before, and i'll say it again, i don't like Adebayor.

If he scores against Utd though, i'll deny that and say i've always loved him and he's just misunderstood :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

I dont care that he is a knob, or used to play with the gooners, will he score goals? Better than keane and probably crouch so i suppose its a small step up.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

jeeze folks....

What's going on, another 2 gone on loan, thats about 13 players out

At this rate we will have 13 in the squad

Who's gone now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

FC Twente winger Bryan Ruiz hopes his goal in the Eredivisie at the weekend was enough to encourage interest from Tottenham.
    The Costa Rica international claimed earlier this month that Spurs are chasing his signature, while Arsenal and Fulham are also thought to be interested.
    According to reports in Holland, Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp was due to watch the forward in action during Saturday's encounter with AZ Alkmaar but cancelled his trip to Enschede at the last minute when he learned that Ruiz would start the clash on the bench.
    It is thought Redknapp will instead attend Tuesday night's Champions League play-off match between FC Twente and Benfica to take a look at Ruiz.
    The 25-year-old came on just after half-time for the Dutch giants on Saturday and netted a superb 66th-minute strike to seal their 2-0 victory over AZ.
    And Ruiz, who has already made it clear he is keen on an English move, hopes that goal has boosted his appeal.
    "I hope that my goal has removed any doubt from the minds of Spurs and any other clubs," he told Voetbal International.
    "The reluctance of clubs (to sign me) cannot be to do with my technical skills. I showed what I can do last season with Twente.
    "My physical condition is not a concern. I am fit."
    Source: Team Talk what about this guy? seems eager for a move to us.what ye lads think

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

mushykeogh wrote: »
    I dont care that he is a knob, or used to play with the gooners, will he score goals? Better than keane and probably crouch so i suppose its a small step up.

Probably better than Crouch? Crouch who scored what, 3 league goals last season? Adebayor would be a big step up from him and should provide us with an excellent option for Bale & Lennon's crosses.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

It's kind of weird seeing Ruiz whore himself out so much to Spurs. He really wants to join us!! He looks decent from Youtube but I know nothing about him. Apparently he could play on either wing, which would be very useful. And he scores plenty of goals.

His face @ 20seconds on that clip is enough reason not to sign him for me.:D

SuprSi wrote: »
    It's kind of weird seeing Ruiz whore himself out so much to Spurs. He really wants to join us!! He looks decent from Youtube but I know nothing about him. Apparently he could play on either wing, which would be very useful. And he scores plenty of goals.

Its kinda weird alright but id rather have player that wants to come to us than someone that comes to us as their 2nd or 3rd choice club.He's a pretty versatile player who would be a good addition to the squad and most importantly score's lots of goals.

• Advertisement

SuprSi wrote: »
    Probably better than Crouch? Crouch who scored what, 3 league goals last season? Adebayor would be a big step up from him and should provide us with an excellent option for Bale & Lennon's crosses.

Haha true, crouch was pretty septic last year, and it does appear adebayor can actually head a ball.

Yeah, Crouch and his stupid 'fifty-pence' head.

We'd want something wrapped up pretty sharpish though. I think we need one in the bag before another one goes.

All joking aside, SSN just showed Redknapp at the FC Twente V Benfica game tonight and Ruiz scored the 2nd goal with a header in the 80th minute to secure a draw for FC Twente.

.. seems quite good in the air and scores a few with his head which is good for a guy who plays on the wing half the time.

Got this bit from wiki:

"In his native Costa Rica Ruiz was known in his early years as "La Escoba" ("the broom") because he was very skinny and long-haired"

.. a long haired Crouchie then.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

All joking aside, SSN just showed Redknapp at the FC Twente V Benfica game tonight and Ruiz scored the 2nd goal with a header in the 80th minute to secure a draw for FC Twente.

.. seems quite good in the air and scores a few with his head which is good for a guy who plays on the wing half the time.

Something tells me this guy would be a bit of a panic buy...

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭DamienKilmurray

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Something tells me this guy would be a bit of a panic buy...[/QUOT
    I`ll second that. He`s not much better than what we`ve already got.
    I`d love to see us going back in for Guissepe Rossi.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

KingdomYid wrote: »
    100% agree with you tippspur, people forget all the goals he scored for us and the amount of matches he won for us. Saying good riddance is total lack of respect IMO.

legend is a strong word. Is this the reason all the big clubs were fighting for his signature. He was a half decent striker no more no less. Im sure he is glad to go to America, gauranteed a game, good money. I am sure he hadn't any decent offers on this continent. Anyway we are all entitled to our contradicting opinion. How many spurs fans would want him spear-heading our attack this year?

I know... a Costa-Rican winger-come-striker who has scored 20 odd goals in one seaosn in the Dutch top tier is hardly the player to build your team around but just goes to show how desperate we (the fans) are for anyone half way decent to sign for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭wellboys

I'd love to see us play an unexperienced Man Utd defence with a shiny new striker! I reckon that could be Adebayor.. Lots of stories knocking around that its to be completed within the next 24hrs!

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Wendell Gee

Ruiz might be crap, then again he might work out. Was Berbatov that highly rated when he came in?
    I'd rather this than going cap in hand to Chelski and losing Modric. Adebayor is surely on his way, give this lad a go and let Crouch on.
    By the way, Adebayor's Wikipedia entry has him as a Spurs player. I like it

Ruiz had a good finish last night, although he was climbing all over the defender! Dont know if he is a panic buy, we have been linked with him for a while and according to Jamie Redknapp, Harry has been interested since last season?
    At this stage, id just buy him! Cant see us getting Falcao, Hulk, Rossi or any other big name. Defoe and Adebayor/Pav/Ruiz for Harry this season?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Shame about Diarra. Would make those away games so much easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,633 ✭✭✭golfball37

Did nobody see Ruiz in the 2 group games against us last season?
    :confused::confused::confused:

He was good. Ye have seen him play !!

golfball37 wrote: »
    Did nobody see Ruiz in the 2 group games against us last season?
    :confused::confused::confused:

He was good. Ye have seen him play !!

*self Facepalm*

Oh yeah

(totally forgot we played them twice in recent history, weird).

on sky now that we're in talks with adebayor according to harry

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

THFC wrote: »
    Shame about Diarra. Would make those away games so much easier.

What happened with Diarra?? Definitely off the cards?

And looks like we'll get Ade I'd say. They want rid of him, we need him & no one else seems to be linked with him. Unless some one else comes in for him, I'm sure an agreement will be reached.

As much as I was againsht the idea at the start, I think he is the type of player we need (well as good as we can get) and I can except and be happy with him! Hopefully he bangs in plenty of goals for us.

*nods in agreement*

..wouldnt have been my first choice, what with all the baggage he comes with.

But desperate times call for desperate measures... beggers cant be choosers etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭oppiuy

Harry says the chairmans dealing with it.... I think ive heard that a lot from Redknapp and we never sign anyone after those words.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

*nods in agreement*

..wouldnt have been my first choice, what with all the baggage he comes with.

But desperate times call for desperate measures... beggers cant be choosers etc etc

Yea totally agree. Him Ruiz and Diarra, I think I'd be quite happy. (prob not going to happen I know but...)

Still haven't heard much rumours of Bently/Jenas etc moving on. Need to get them, especially Bently off the wage bill, he's adding nothing to us at all and costing us a decent sum of money.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

oppiuy wrote: »
    Harry says the chairmans dealing with it.... I think ive heard that a lot from Redknapp and we never sign anyone after those words.

Levy does all the negotiations doesn't he? I've always thought it seemed like Harry is the last to know when we are going for a player. Basically Levy does the work, then says 'here you go'. That's apparently what happened with VDV anyway.

Maybe i'm wrong though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

T-b0n3 wrote: »
    What happened with Diarra?? Definitely off the cards?
    Just seem to fall through. A few papers were saying beforehand that his wages were going to be a huge stumbling block so I imagine that's it. With Sandro and Palocios injured/gone we look light in the middle. Only really Modders, Thudd and vdV for United, can see us getting mullered with that midf.

Advertisement