Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Transfer Gossip

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

PS. I'd imagine this is why Luka is not playing tonight:-
    "UEFA club football regulations state that, with very few exceptions, players who play in a European Club competition are subsequently cup-tied with respect to all European football for the remainder of the season"

Crouch, Palacios, Modric out (not in match squad)

Adeybayor, Diarra and 'insert flamboyant midfielder here' in

Leon Mann (BBC Sport Correspondent) on twitter:
    "I'm told 'special player' isn't Adebayor... As soon as I know for sure I'll say + it'll be across BBC outlets."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

Falcao gone to Athletico for 35 mill. One of the early rumors bites the dust.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Leon Mann (BBC Sport Correspondent) on twitter:
    "I'm told 'special player' isn't Adebayor... As soon as I know for sure I'll say + it'll be across BBC outlets."

I wonder if this is just as bad as ITK's or if it's something bigger? Sounds promising though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

wellboys wrote: »
    Diarra and Adebayor supposedly DONE! The spine of the team will be ex-Arsenal!

If this is true that's flippin brilliant! Wouldn't miss Modders as much, could line up 4-2-3-1 with a midf of;

Sandro
    Diarra
    Lennon -- vdV -- Bale
    Adebayor

That's an extremely strong midf, possibly the best in the league? And if Modders does stay (which would further streghten it) I'd imagine Lennon or Bale would be losing their starting position. Jaysus, could easily be a successful transfer window. If we could get Samba and a decent GK, and not being totally unreasonable, we could mount a serious title challenge. Of course injuries and all that would expose our lack if depth and what not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

word from the latest ITK (prob made up) is KaKa ...

word from the latest ITK (prob made up) is KaKa ...

Isnt Kaka injured?, i remember about two seasons ago the ITK types were claiming Huntelaar had landed in stanstead and was on his way to the lane! He wasnt.

Rumours on twitter last night about Gary Cahill signing for Liverpool today, that would be a big signing for them.

Im sure Kaka must be on over 100,000 a week at Real?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,121 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

mushykeogh wrote: »
    Isnt Kaka injured?, i remember about two seasons ago the ITK types were claiming Huntelaar had landed in stanstead and was on his way to the lane! He wasnt.

Rumours on twitter last night about Gary Cahill signing for Liverpool today, that would be a big signing for them.

Im sure Kaka must be on over 100,000 a week at Real?

Kaka came on for Madrid midweek against barca, nearly sure he did anyway, yeah he probably is on at least 100,000 a week wouldnt be suprised if its much more than that.

Whats the story with Palacios was he no good for ye recently is he making way for a incoming player, any word on where he might be going?

Nobody seems to know what's happening with Palacios. He hasn't been good since his brother tragically died some time ago. When he first arrived he was great, but hasn't been able to recapture his form. Plus, with Sandro proving to be a really good player, and capable of more than him in a similar position, the writing is on the wall. He'd do very well for Stoke or another team like that.

Some other more positive news going around today;

Bond reckons Modric will be staying

and for those who rate Kranjcar (myself included);

Niko not going anywhere either

Now if we can just get rid of Bentley and Jenas we'll be alright.

As for Kaka, I can't see that happening. I could only imagine him coming in if Modric goes as he's a very attacking player. I'd expect him to sit behind the striker really, which is where VDV already plays.

Can't see this one happening.

• Advertisement

Diarra deal to be closed tonight according to ssn, 10 mill euro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

i dont know what to make of Diarra lads. Goons got rid , chelski got rid and now Madrid getting rid. Jury is out on this one for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

BERBA wrote: »

i dont know what to make of Diarra lads. Goons got rid , chelski got rid and now Madrid getting rid. Jury is out on this one for me.
    Pretty sure he had a falling out with Wenger he really hates Wenger now.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

he really hates Wenger now.

He should fit right in so :P

Zarate on the move too?

BERBA wrote: »

Im the same as that, although surely better than jenas and even Palacios based on last seasons form.

If we keep Modric, how will it go with Diarra/Sandro. Was hoping Sandro would be a regular this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Sandro is what? 22? Maybe 'Arry thinks he might be a bit green for what is needed this season. P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

unfortunately chaps im thinking that diarra is being brought in to replace Luka... him being 'injured' on thursday gives me the feeling that he's chelsea or elsewhere bound, as i think as soon as chelsea have a bid accepted (if) utd will come in and match/better the bid and get him. All we can hope for is that we get a decent striker in as part of any deal... this would be in addition to adebyor. I suspect we will see alot of movement closer to the 31st.

Sandro didnt look too green at the back end of last season! Diarra a completely different type of player to modric, id be shocked if he is a like for like replacement?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

My opinion is that modric was left out of the Europa game so that the option to sell him remained open if Chelsea came in with a crazy offer, like Torres-esque bat shit stupid crazy. Diarra as a replacement doesnt make much sense on paper.

• Advertisement

Agreed, Diarra is more of a DM with some decent passing and shooting ability. He wouldn't be creative and I'd imagine it would be him or Sandro in the middle along with either Hud or Modric. All this depends on what style and formation we play though.

There's no doubting he's a quality player though and would add to an already strong midfield (assuming Modric stays).

Wonder if this is why Harry was talking up Krancjar during the week, maybe plans on playing him in the Modric role?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

I've been wondering the same too

Not sure of the validity of it but...

http://twitter.com/#!/laliga_news
    Real Madrid and Tottenham Hotspur have reached an agreement for the transfer of Lassana Diarra - Spurs will pay €11,5m (via BBC).

• Registered Users Posts: 46 spurskiely

Harry was talkin up Krancjar because he played well .

spurskiely wrote: »
    Harry was talkin up Krancjar because he played well .

I didnt think he played as well as harry was making out. More rumors of kracjar being sold today in the papers so maybe it was a shop window exercise.

Hutton to everton seems possible on loan.

An "ITK" :rolleyes: says we are meeting Bayern officials over robben ......... All is forgiven Levy :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

An "ITK" :rolleyes: says we are meeting Bayern officials over robben ......... All is forgiven Levy :pac:

this was all over twitter yesterday if this happened it would be one hell of a signing and would make us real contender's in the league because from what iv seen from teams so far there's nothing to fear from anyone in it...please make it happen levy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

tis great the way we get excited wit a few rumours. Lets hope there mostly true

Advertisement