Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Transfer Gossip

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Linked with Carlos Henrique Casemiro (19) in the gaurdian rumour section this morning

Some new news on two dutch kids

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,195...911142,00.html

Tottenham are on the trail of Dutch starlets Tristan Berghuis and Issa Kallon.
    The duo are currently with the Vitesse Arnhemspacer.gif/AGOVV academy, but they seem set to leave in the near future.
    The two 15-year-olds, both Dutch youth internationals, have already spent time on trial at Chelsea.spacer.gif
    And they followed this up by spending last week in North London with Tottenham - who are now considering a bid for the duo.
    Berghuis is the son of former Holland international Frank, and he confirmed that his son was attracted by Spurs.
    "They [Tottenham] are very serious," he told OnsOranje.
    "For Tristan is was an unforgettable experience, and you could not deny something like that to a young player - Tottenham is more than just a club."

• Registered Users Posts: 7,734 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Next year I'd love to see us line up in the reverse Christmas tree formation that Chelsea used last year

Sandro
    Thudd----modric---
    Lennon/VDV
    Bale/VDV
    Striker

I'd agree with this.. even a 4-2-3-1 on occasion, but more towards a 3 in the middle definitely - we've been far too open this season with two out-and-out wingers. Scott Parker would be a nice addition in a move towards that formation. He would give us a choice of 3 from Luka, Thudd, Sandro and Parker for the CM positions. That type of midfield would also allow Bale to play LB on occasion and he could bomb on with decent protection from his midfield, Walker could do a similar job from RB.

Ahead of them I'd like to see a more fluid front 3 of Lennon/VDV/Bale/new CF.

That type of formation also gives you more flexibility to change things depending on how the game is going.

In getting rid of say Bently, Keane, Gio, Kranj, Woodgate and possibly Bassong, Jenas and O'Hara we'd be saving a huge amount of money a week somewhere in the region of 400,000 a week? plus some cash as well for selling although that may not be that much maybe 30-40m overall if we;re lucky. But we'd be taking off some big earners of the wage bill if they did add up to 400,000 a week that'd be over 20m a year!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭Morgans

I think the plan for quite a while has been to get them off the pay roll. A lot easier said than done. I would keep Bassong.

• Advertisement

Adebayor supposedly wanted to move to spurs ahead of Madrid and would still consider a move .......

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Adebayor supposedly wanted to move to spurs ahead of Madrid and would still consider a move .......

Yea I saw that on skysports.com. Can't say I like that man, but we are in dire need at this stage, and as far as I can see we don't really have that many options. But even if this did happen I would hope he wouldn't be on mad money.

Again I'd still rather some one else, much rather! Any one have anyone in mind they'd want or think are realistic targets??

Well we still have to trim the squad dramatically which could release a lot of cash and wage space Hulk or Falcoa might be available or Negrado think he's a Spanish striker seems to be very highly rated.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Adel Taraabt?! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭Morgans

Think Taraabt is the last player that we need. Drogba and Long are still my favourite realistic targets. We need strikers.

• Advertisement

or Kevin Prince-Boateng? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Wendell Gee

Adebayor would be a decent option. I wanted us to go for him at Christmas. Listening to him, it sounds like it was in place but it fell through. If it fell down at our end, really stupid of us. he is an oddball, but a strong frontman who can score in so many ways- 30 yard thunderbolts, hard to watch around the box, good header, (as we know now). Always seems to score at the Lane, so he would average a goal a game at home!

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭yidweiser

I have no transfer speculation but I have drawn up my player wish list for next season:

Paul Robinson
    Rodger Johnson
    Brede Hangeland
    Scott Parker
    Charles N'Zogbia
    Shane Long

Discuss :D

Robo was too prone to mistakes imo

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

I'd like us to sign Chris Samba. He'd come cheap and do an excellent job.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

If Wigan go down would N'Zogbia be worth a go? Personally I have always liked the cut of his Jib. Might be decent cover.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

my transfer wishlist.
    in
    gk- loris- lyon
    lb-baines-everton
    cb-vertongan- ajax
    mf-marin- w bremen
    st-adebayor-city
    st-aguero-atletico
    out
    gomes-just go gone beyond a joke at this stage
    hutton
    jenas-please god just go useless
    keane
    crouch
    bentley
    pav-not upto it
    o hara
    bassong

Like your list, bar Adebayor :mad:

What would people think about us looking to sign Llorente or Negrado from Spain this summer we approached both in January but nothing was doing at the time any thoughts?

Gk - Foster (relegation pending) to replace Gomes

Df - Realistically we probably need to replace Gallas, King and Woody? Hangeland to replace Woodgate, Walker back to replace Hutton, Samba to replace Bassong. Will Gallas last another season, if not Collocini could be a worthy replacement.

Mid - Pretty solid...N'Zogbia could be a worthy addition to our wings...

Two up front - Shane Long for youth and energy, and a surprise;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

Were we rumored to be in for Falcao before? Watched him last night, thought he worked well, made an awful lot of runs and seemed lively throughout. Super headed finish for the goal as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

I'd welcome N'Zogbia with open arms. Shane Long....no thanks.

I actually think Shane long could do really well for us although I don't see him starting every game when he's fit his energy and work rate would serve us really well in my opinion it's like having crouch but with Defoe's/Pavs ability to shoot as well. I wouldn't mind someone else coming in as well as long though like Negredo or Llorente or Benzema or whoever someone really top class though.

Palacios and Bassong are meant to be up for sale not surprising as both are our most salable assets and although I love palacios I think for his footballs sake he could do with a move as well same for Bassong really with Gallas and Ledly likely to start 30+ games a season between them his chances are limited and doesn't cover at full back like Kaboul does also I think Kaboul could be one of the best defenders around in the next couple of years he's very close to becoming really really good.

Leandro Damiao of Internacional is supposed to be a target something like 22 goals in 24 league appearances for them and we have an agreement in place with Internacional so we have a preference on players.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭golfball37

Leandro Damiao of Internacional is supposed to be a target something like 22 goals in 24 league appearances for them and we have an agreement in place with Internacional so we have a preference on players.

If he turns out to be half as good as Sandro he'll be worth a punt.

I agree Kaboul could be a great player if he got a run of games.
    He has speed, can tackle, good feet and shot.
    He needs to sharpen his awareness and stop ball watching.
    I think given a chance, Dawson and kaboul could be our best central defence partnership.
    In saying that, Gallas hasn't done bad this season either!

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭wellboys

Loads of gossip knocking around today..

United and Chelsea are in talks with Levy about Modric. Seemingly Levy will listen if the price is right?

Scott Parker is ours if we want him.

We're leading the chase for Pablo Osvaldo who wants to play in England and we've put 4 year deal with 65k a week.

and Defoe is on his way out the door with Pav.

And we havent even finished the season.. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Parker wouldn't be bad but we'll over pay for him even with West Ham going down.

I'm worried about this Modric talk. He'll be a huge loss, I'd love to keep everyone get in a top striker and Goalie then have a proper go at it. Wouldn't it be amazing to be in the title race? Even just once to be in with an outside shot come next may.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

What would people think about us looking to sign Llorente or Negrado from Spain this summer we approached both in January but nothing was doing at the time any thoughts?

I always say how much I admire Llorente. I really hope we go for him in the summer! Negredo is great also, but I'd much prefer Llorente!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

harry on ssn saying defoe has a future but bassong can go during the summer.

Advertisement