Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Transfer Gossip

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

What's the story with Diarra and Ade? Why haven't they been signed yet? I've got a bad feeling both moves will fall through:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

diarra is all but signed, should be completed by weeks end. sticking point was madrid wanted a % of any sell on value. Cost will be 11.8m euro. heres the link...

http://www.marca.com/2011/08/23/futbol/equipos/real_madrid/1314110475.html

in spanish mind...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

look who's in London with BAE taken a couple of hours ago :D
    from twitter.. http://lockerz.com/s/132242916

look who's in London with BAE taken a couple of hours ago :D
    from twitter.. http://lockerz.com/s/132242916

Is that Diarra?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

THFC wrote: »
    Is that Diarra?

just adebayor.. possibly diarra with his back to camera not sure

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Looks more like Adebayor.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Thats adebayor lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

That's Adebayor, he scores a goal every two games!
    Can someone explain why everyone's saying what a risk this is and that he is a trouble maker?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

My ITK tells me that Adebayor is done. We have a striker lads :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Saab Ed wrote: »

Sorry I'm sure I missed something but what does ITK mean??

Happy with the move anyway. We needed some one. Some one also mentioned that Gallas and Ade didn't get on at Arsenal, hopefully that's no going to be a problem.

• Advertisement

T-b0n3 wrote: »
    Sorry I'm sure I missed something but what does ITK mean??

In the Know.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

My ITK tells me that Adebayor is done. We have a striker that can score lads :)

FYP :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

ITK my arse, its been all over twitter the last hour!

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭bogtreader

Has Woodgate played two games on the trott for Stoke

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

bogtreader wrote: »
    Has Woodgate played two games on the trott for Stoke

Yep, on a pay as you play deal, interesting to see how many games he can play. Doing pretty good so far!

That's Adebayor!? Jesus, either BAE is taller than I thought or Ade is smaller than I thought!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

mushykeogh wrote: »
    ITK my arse, its been all over twitter the last hour!

Well i'll say no more so and you can check twitter for your dead cert info next time ;) But thanks for telling me. I'd never have known as I dont have a twitter account.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭wellboys

Exciting times ahead lads.. Adebayor and Diarra AND BBC reporting that we've been in deep negotiations with Boris Johnsons office about the development of White Hart Lane and things are looking good. New stadium possibly in the next 5 years.

I'd say the next week is going to be mental busy.

Onwards and upwards.. COYS.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Another Striker and a CB please!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

FFS.

a small part of me will die if Luka leaves and Cole comes in to replace him. Not fit to ties his shoe laces.

I'd have Niko.. no f**k it, I'd have Jenas before I'd have Cole in the attacking midfield role.

I'd have Steffan f**king Freund play behind the front two before that waster!

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Woodgate

FFS.

a small part of me will die if Luka leaves and Cole comes in to replace him. Not fit to ties his shoe laces.

I'd have Niko.. no f**k it, I'd have Jenas before I'd have Cole in the attacking midfield role.

I'd have Steffan f**king Freund play behind the front two before that waster!
    F*cking Harry at it again, he's to concerned in what the media want and getting on the TV the whole time, we don't need Joe Cole, it's obvious to the thousands of fans what we need but Arry don't give a monkeys. In actual fact who has he signed of any signifigance, Dawson, Hudd, Benny, Bale, Lennon, were all there, Rafa was got by Levy, he did get Niko, but doesn't play him, and brought back Defoe, but doesn't have a great record in signing anyone who's been a roaring success.

Rant over.

Cole has been absolute **** for ages. Why the hell would we sign him? I'd happily keep Niko ahead of Cole. As above, if Modric leaves and Cole is our replacement, i ****ing give up.

So, assuming we keep Modric, and we get Adebayor and Diarra (big assumption maybe), what will our line up be? Will we stick with 4 in midfield, with VDV behind Adebayor. Or a flat 4 with Defoe and Adebayor up front?

What about Sandro and Hudd?

Kiith wrote: »
    So, assuming we keep Modric, and we get Adebayor and Diarra (big assumption maybe), what will our line up be? Will we stick with 4 in midfield, with VDV behind Adebayor. Or a flat 4 with Defoe and Adebayor up front?

There is plenty of games to be played mate, and the chances of them all being fully fit all the time is probably slim. IF we got the 2 you metioned, the midfield would be lennon bale diarra and modric with vdv off Ade Id imagine.

I know we'd be swapping quite a bit, but i was just thinking on paper. Would Diarra get in ahead of Sandro for example? Ah, we'll just have to wait and see (assuming we get him that is).

It'd be a dam shame if Sandro was relegated to the bench after last seasons performances.
    In the big games tho I'd fully expect Harry to go with both Sandro and Diarra and perhaps but vdV on the left and drop Bale/Lennon. It'd be great if we could get a CB in now, would make us a very strong team.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Bodie Doyle

Adebayor would be a great signing and would walk straight into the team. But Diarra I am not too sure about. We have Sandro (ok he is injured at the moment), Palacios (unless he is sold), Hudd ( who Harry thinks a lot of) already in the DM role. add to that Modric, and then the rest Jenas, Niko, Livermore etc. Unless there is a major clearout I can't see Levy sanctioning a move for another midfielder.
    Also HR has just come out and said he would like Joe Cole at WHL.

Palacios will probably be at Stoke come September and Jenas is being linked with QPR today. That's a handsome £10m if both leave.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭ManwitaPlan

Kiith wrote: »

Friedel

Corluka
    Dawson---Bassong---Ekotto

Modric
    Sandro----Diarra
    Bale

VDV

Ade boy

Would be my preferred line up...against weaker opposition at home swap Modders for Sandro and bring Lennon in. Good team and gives us a lot of flexibility.

Still think a CB is another priority.

Advertisement