Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Transfer Gossip

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Friedel

Corluka
    Dawson---Bassong---Ekotto

Modric
    Sandro----Diarra
    Bale

VDV

Ade boy

Would be my preferred line up...against weaker opposition at home swap Modders for Sandro and bring Lennon in. Good team and gives us a lot of flexibility.

Still think a CB is another priority.

Would prefer: or combination of

CAHILL
    Dawson---SAMBA---Ekotto

Modric
    Sandro----Diarra
    Bale

VDV

Ade boy

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

Would prefer: or combination of

CAHILL
    Dawson---SAMBA---Ekotto

Modric
    Sandro----Diarra
    Bale

VDV

Ade boy

Cahill? which Cahill?

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Woodgate

mushykeogh wrote: »
    Cahill? which Cahill?
    Gary I would presume, based on being in the back four.

Yes....

Sorry... Gary Cahill

Thanks Woodgate...I see you played two games in a row...but not for us....For Shame :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Cahill is a CB and would be wasted at RB. It's gotta be Walker for RB, though obviously he needs to improve his defensive positioning. Fortunately for him he's quick and can make up for his mistakes though when he plays against a quick left winger (like Young on Monday) his mistakes are very much exposed.

No way would I have Modric on the right wing either. He plays in the middle, or on the left wing if Bale is injured. Granted we don't have any real options for the right wing if Lennon is crap/injured (maybe Walker should try there) but if we have a fully fit squad, Modric plus Diarra/Sandro in the middle, particularly against the better teams. Against the lower teams, Modric & Thudd.

Diarra signed, according to Marca

http://www.marca.com/2011/08/24/futbol/equipos/real_madrid/1314182809.html

• Advertisement

why would you play cahill at rb? Think he would be a bit too slow for that position, and he is a quality cb.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Cahill? which Cahill?

Martin.

why would you play cahill at rb? Think he would be a bit too slow for that position, and he is a quality cb.

Gary Cahill aint a rb lads, a cb only. Although if we are thinking we might get diarra, adebayor and gary cahill, it's probably wishful thinking, although ye never know.

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Martin.

ridiculous, he'd never be able see with his hand covering his face all the time.

• Advertisement

ridiculous, he'd never be able see with his hand covering his face all the time.

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Adebayor, Diarra and Parker in apparently....?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

From BAE twitter account over an hour ago

Guys I cannot say any more about transfers I am sorry for this! But I am excited!

Tough training today. Interesting news from Harry about what will be happening. Can't share but I am excited

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

BERBA wrote: »
    From BAE twitter account over an hour ago

Guys I cannot say any more about transfers I am sorry for this! But I am excited!

Tough training today. Interesting news from Harry about what will be happening. Can't share but I am excited

FAKE: BBC's Leon Mann says that account is not the real BAE.

The next few days will be mentel with rumours, zarate is the latest !

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭spursman11

so so tired of all the rumours,
    7 days to go,
    no centre back,no striker,not sure if modric will stay.........,only a forty year old keeper and a few teenagers:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

hereing now that Diarra has fallen through... Parker fee agreed instead and Adebyor is a cert as evidenced by BAE photos last night

may i be the first to say that parker is a brutal signing and one of the most over ratted players the british media has ever hyped.

hereing now that Diarra has fallen through... Parker fee agreed instead and Adebyor is a cert as evidenced by BAE photos last night

may i be the first to say that parker is a brutal signing and one of the most over ratted players the british media has ever hyped.

haha i actually think parker is ok. Seen him a few times last year and i liked him!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

I will believe nothing until I see it on the official site.

hereing now that Diarra has fallen through... .

Source ?

• Advertisement

Ruiz from Twente scored another peach of a header against Benfica last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

hate to be the bearer of bad news chaps but Diarra is going to end up at arsenal...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

hate to be the bearer of bad news chaps but Diarra is going to end up at arsenal...

Where are you getting this from? No mention of it anywhere as far as i can see.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Parker and Joe Cole.. thats who we'll end up with. Them two and no-one else.

Parker i'm okay with as long as its <=6million.

As long as we get Adebeyor I dont care.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭ManwitaPlan

Ade seems nailed on...would be pretty confident there.

Lot of the "itk" people now covering themselves by saying Diarra to Arse. will wait for another twitter photo or more news in the papers for further "ITK" confirmation :rolleyes:

Going by gut at this stage I can see us ending with Adebayor, Cole, Parker and either a completely unknown or very young CB.

That would be bad business imo...Ade is a great signing but Cole is well past it, Parker is Jenas level and we really need to beef up in defence.

we really need to beef up in defence.

Finally...someone on the same path as me

We need someone like Gary Cahill or Samba in Defence

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

Finally...someone on the same path as me

We need someone like Gary Cahill or Samba in Defence
    You've ignored most of this thread then? There have been plenty of other calls for shoring up the defence and both Cahill and Samba have been mentioned numerous times.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Deeply surprised that no club has put a bid in for Samba. Chap must be dying to leave Blackburn.

Diarra has apparently said there is no truth in the spurs deal for him :mad:

And according to SS, we are signing a young spanish winger on loan from Juve.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Hatch99 wrote: »
    And according to SS, we are signing a young spanish winger on loan from Juve.

Which is just what we need! :rolleyes:

Advertisement