Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Transfer Gossip

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

on sky now modric & advisors in talks over future with levy today..new contract??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Lemag wrote: »
    You've ignored most of this thread then? There have been plenty of other calls for shoring up the defence and both Cahill and Samba have been mentioned numerous times.

:p

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Adebayor having a medical now supposedly.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭philon

Emmanuel Adebayor is in attendance tonight, watching from the stands as his potential new loan club prepare to finish the job they started seven days ago. Reportedly, he had his medical just hours ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

philon wrote: »
    Emmanuel Adebayor is in attendance tonight, watching from the stands as his potential new loan club prepare to finish the job they started seven days ago. Reportedly, he had his medical just hours ago.

Adebayoooor, Adebayooorrr,
    We all used to hate him,
    But we dont anymore...

• Advertisement

Just on twitter he's signed on loan for the year

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭philon

On Club site....Adebayor has signed for the season :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I'd hate to say it but he could change the whole year for us. I think it's a real coup.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Yago Falque has just signed on loan for the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

YyyyyYYESSSSS!! *fist pumps the air*

Who?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Anyone know anything about this fella?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

mushykeogh wrote: »
    Anyone know anything about this fella?!

Just had a look at his profile on wikipedia,it doesnt inspire confidence:(
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iago_Falqu%C3%A9_Silva

His wiki page doesnt exactly jump of the screen.

Kid for R. Madrid, moved to Barca as a teenager, made one appearance for Barca B. Joined Juve, did sod all, when on loan a few times.. didnt really work out and now he's with us for a few months

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Think he's there to bulk out the squad given he doesn't need to be registered in the 25 man squad

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭wellboys

I just can't believe it.. a striker. That scores goals! This was a massive bit of business from Mr. Levy!

6 Days to go!
    COYS

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

Thank fcuk. Thats a big relief. I hope he wants to prove point and may even be top scorer in the league. I might have to take back some of the horrible things I said about the chairman. PP offering 40/1 on Ade to be Prem League top scorer. I'd say he could be fairly pumped up for da gooner game. One or two more top players before next Thursday please.:D

You can feel the relief in here already :D

I'd settle for one more signing... either Diarra or a top class CB.

Pity Ade cant play this weekend.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'd say he'd love to be playing, if only to stick one in against Mancini.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Can’t wait to see Ade in a Tottenham jersey, thought the wages would be yet another stumbling block, delighted the loan has gone through. Being greedy I’d like another quality striker and Pav out. CB is essential, surprised none of the deadwood has been cleared yet.

On a side note the atmosphere at The Lane last night was the quietest I’ve ever heard it, only for the kids playing, I would of turned it off after 10 minutes.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

It was a nothing game to be fair. It made no real difference, and was just a good chance for the young lads to get some football. After the dizzying highs of Champions League football last year, Europa qualifiers aren't exactly exciting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Diarra deal not dead yet according to Redknapp

http://www.teamtalk.com/news/2483/7125331/Spurs-won-t-give-up-on-Diarra

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭condor26

Great to hear about Adebayor joining, all things going well, is it possible that he might love it at Spurs and try to stay on with us after the loan spell?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Depends on how he does and who'll be managing us!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Redknapp quoted on BBC:
    "Luka Modric transfer saga is finished, he is staying and he will play on Sunday"
    "Diarra deal has not broken down, Chairman still working on it"
    COYS!

West ham confirm they are in talks with spurs over scott parker..skysports

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Can imagine that they’ll be plenty of disgruntled Spurs fans if this goes through. Thought Parker excelled last season in a pi$$ poor hammers team.

If we can get him on the cheap then let’s do it. He’s a creative player and likes a tackle.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Are Jenas and Palacios still on the books?

Agreed he's a proper box to box player good addition to the squad if it goes through..diarra deal must be dead so by the looks of it.

THFC wrote: »
    Are Jenas and Palacios still on the books?

still there at the min..id be shocked if both of them are still with us this time next week.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

West ham confirm they are in talks with spurs over scott parker..skysports

Oh please don't let the next headline I read be "Liverpool confirm spurs cole talks"

like sugarlumps said, if we can get him cheap then why not, he is a solid player and if he keeps his form up he'll be a welcome addition to a weakened midfield

Advertisement