Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Transfer Gossip

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Apparently we turned down £40 million from Modric.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Kiith wrote: »
    If they were willing to go that high why the **** offer 22m

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭DamienKilmurray

Kiith wrote: »

Hat`s off to Daniel Levy for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

Levy stuck to his word

In Levy we trust

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭fabvinny

pissed off about cahill,go for samba!!!!

• Advertisement

surprised we didnt take a punt on Samba especially with them getting Dann in

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭ManwitaPlan

Levy should tell Chelsea to stuff it....let Modric rot in the stands...he's not for sale at any price......hang on did he say £40 mil...oh.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭ManwitaPlan

Seriously what a fecking disgrace of a transfer window.

Arsenal fvck up and they go out and sign a brazilian international, a German international and Werder Bremen captain and Arteta.

We go out and sign Parker for 5 mil.

Our defence is a shambles and will be the undoing of us this season. Very disappointing stuff....Arsenal and Pool miles ahead of us now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

GET IN A FCUKING CENTRE BACK YOU WHEELER DEALER!!!! jesus christ... forget kaka..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Seriously what a fecking disgrace of a transfer window.

Arsenal fvck up and they go out and sign a brazilian international, a German international and Werder Bremen captain and Arteta.

We go out and sign Parker for 5 mil.

Our defence is a shambles and will be the undoing of us this season. Very disappointing stuff....Arsenal and Pool miles ahead of us now :(

+1

WE have been busy....Everyone going out

Absolute disgrace

Its a sad day when the likes of Stoke and new boys QPR get in plenty of scope and we just watch the telly

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Its not as bad as you think lads -

Bentley, never plays so good to get him off wages
    Jenas, livermore can do anything he might have done for us and more
    Hutton, will never play with walker and charlie.
    Crouch, replaced by a better player.
    Wilson, replaced by parker, and we also have sandro getting fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Jmcc001

lads hopefully bolton are playing hard ball cahill only has a year left on his contract , according to ssn bolton want 15mill for him if levy comes in with a late bid thats close to 15 i think we could get him .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Don't think anything else is going to happen tonight,very disappointing.a lot of weeding done but only one player in,why are the club acting like paupers when we got over 30 mil from the CL ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

tippspur wrote: »
    Don't think anything else is going to happen tonight,very disappointing.a lot of weeding done but only one player in,why are the club acting like paupers when we got over 30 mil from the CL ?
    Can't see anything happening now anyway! So much for the mystery signing crouch still a spurs player.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭richardjjd

From The Telegraph
    If Arsenal do indeed sign four players today, it really would be a remarkable development. Have a guess when they last signed two Premier League players in the same transfer window. It was - get this - a decade ago, when they picked up Francis Jeffers and Sol Campbell in summer 2001.

I'm disappointed we weren't more active, but we came into this close season unsure of a strategy and that's the way it ended too. While I like the excitement of deadline day, I do have a certain respect for clubs who have things sewn up sufficiently far in advance - It suggests they know what they're about (though over the years, everyone has done some last minute business).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭dabbler2004

Jenas to Villa on a year loan according to RTE

http://m.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2011/0831/transferdaylive.html

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭richardjjd

Re-reading my last post, I realize that I both enjoy the transfer window and would enjoy not having to be part of it. That just about sums things up.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭fabvinny

no central defender signed!!! we are fcuked this season,will be lucky to finish in the top half with our defense!! sickening!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

I could be wrong but:-

Out: Palacios (6m), Jenas (loan), Bentley (loan), Hutton (4m), Keane (3m), and maybe Crouch (10m)
    In: Parker (5m) and Adebayor (loan)
    Slightly disappointed if we shipped 6 and brought in 2, made a profit of about €18m...?

Especially as Arsenal have signed Arteta, Benayoun, Mertesacker, Santos and Park...!

Crouch signed to Stoke for €10m

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Crouch transfer definitly went through in time and he is offically a stoke player 12mil!! thank feck he is gone:D

Outside of Crouch we've lost a lot of money on Hutton , Palacios , on what we've bought em and sold em on for. as for bentley,i cringe at the money we spent on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

BERBA wrote: »
    Outside of Crouch we've lost a lot of money on Hutton , Palacios , on what we've bought em and sold em on for. as for bentley,i cringe at the money we spent on him.

True, but better to get them off the wage bill if they are surplus to requirements

I could be wrong but:-

Out: Palacios (6m), Jenas (loan), Bentley (loan), Hutton (4m), Keane (3m), and maybe Crouch (10m)
    In: Parker (5m) and Adebayor (loan)
    Slightly disappointed if we shipped 6 and brought in 2, made a profit of about €18m...?

Especially as Arsenal have signed Arteta, Benayoun, Mertesacker, Santos and Park...!

Could have done with a couple of more signings, especially a centre half, but in fairness these guys needed to be moved out anyway regardless of incoming activity. It is what we have all been calling for all summer. It is however very worrying that we seem to have no money to spend, something is up there.

All we can do now is see what will happen from here on, window closed and squad settled. No more bloody rumours thank fcuk :)

Charlie Adam in January
    Gary Cahill in August
    What the f1ck do Harry and Daniel be at?!

Champions League cash in, transfer profit €18m, no big signings?
    Back to mid-table mediocrity!

Charlie Adam in January
    Gary Cahill in August

I dont see us finishing in mid table TBH, We will still be top 5 or 6. Granted we have shipped a few goals in our first two games (defense was shocking), but it was against the two best attacks in the league. Lets look at it on the positive side, we have signed a goalscorer in Adebayor, kept our star player and replaced Wilson with Scott Parker. Its not all doom and gloom, lets see where we are in a couple of months time COYS.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Charlie Adam in January
    Gary Cahill in August

I think people are focusing on he CL money too much.

The 6 month interim report showed operating costs up 27% last season, and I believe the 2011 report (which is due shortly) will show that we'd have made a loss without the CL money.

Our wages/turnover ratio is up from 46% to 56% in the first two full year's accounts filed with Harry at the helm.

This window (and the two before) was affected by the huge draw on funds caused by having Bentley et al in the stands on big money. Like it or not we do not make enough from gate receipts and regular TV money to maintain a large squad on big wages, and our manager has shown no ability to buy cheap and to realise value in players...Bassong, Keane, Palacios all spring to mind as examples of large transfer fees paid for players who were out of favout within 18 months.

You simply cannot bring 3 or 4 in every window unless you shift similar numbers, and the latter task is difficult when you are overpaying for underperforming players in the 1st place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

Cant believe we didnt sell Dos Santos?! Cahill would have been great, got rid of a lot of players, something we have all wanted for a long time.

Cant believe we didnt get Huntelaar!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Dos Santos deal fell through because Tottenham were believed to be holding out for 10 million. It’s a ridiculous figure, I feel sorry for the kid.

In that case he should at least be making the subs bench and vying for Lennon’s position.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    Dos Santos deal fell through because Tottenham were believed to be holding out for 10 million. It’s a ridiculous figure, I feel sorry for the kid.

In that case he should at least be making the subs bench and vying for Lennon’s position.

he can play every game in the europa league now and sell himself

Advertisement