Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Transfer Gossip

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Bassong + cash offered for Shawcross supposedly

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Manic087

Bassong + cash offered for Shawcross supposedly

I'd like this one...young...used to Premiership...tough!! Give him a season alongside Daws and Gallas and then have him and Daws from there on.

My lists would be:

Out:
    Gomes - Just cannot be trusted anymore...can pull off wonderful reaction saves but then throw a real clanger in
    Pletikosa - Arry obviously doesn't see anything in him
    Hutton - runs more than Charlie but I'd prefer to keep Charlie cos of his good partnership with Lennon
    Woody - Unless he signs pay as you play he's out of contract anyway
    Bassong - stop throwing the toys out of the pram
    O'Hara - I like the lad as a player but just don't think he's up to standard
    Jenas - the less I say on this one the better as i don't wanna get banned
    Krunchy - Love the long range goals but hink better for him and us if he goes...slows play down a lot
    Wilson - love the respect he has for Harry and club and for what he did the season he came in and helped us up from relegation problems but his passing worries me big time
    Pav - Just don't think he's a Prem player...and doesn't try away from home
    Keane - time to go Robbie
    Dos Santos - time to go back to Spain for him I think!

Ins:
    Given - i fit but I don't think he'll come
    Foster - to fight it out with another for the no. 1 spot (Stekelenberg would be my preferred one
    Walker - back from loan and fight with Charlie and Naughton for first team
    Shawcross - in money + bassong deal
    Parker - would be the one for me to get to replace the midfield outs above..we have enough otherwise
    In terms of strikers we need a few and if we got the right ones we could actually get rid of all 4 of ours...but 20-goal a season one needed and if we pay big and go foreign they may not settle in straight away so I'd be on for Drogba for a season or two or at a push (and I hate him) Adebayor..but only on a short term contract...make him work for another cos otherwise he gets too lazy!!

Harry has confirmed we are interests in Hazard and Parker but Given and adebayor are no goes. Our biggest problem is going to be just offloading some of the squad players.

I'd like to see Rose as back up for Benny next season and Caulker to go out on loan to a premier league club.

I'd love to see us put in a cheeky bid for Berba and Drogba and see if we can't get one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I'd actually take Adebayor over Berbatov. That's how much I wouldn't want him back.

• Advertisement

Looks like we have made our first summer signing from Barca
    Harry Redknapp has already pulled off the transfer coup of the summer, sources have told ESPNsoccernet, by snatching Barcelona youngster Cristian Ceballos from under the noses of Chelsea.
    harryredknapptrainingshirt_275x155.jpgGettyImagesHarry Redknapp has reportedly moved into the transfer market early

Ceballos, 16, was hailed as Barcelona's new superstar four years ago when he became an internet sensation, featuring in a video juggling a ball with Ronaldinho.
    However, after a falling out, Barca agreed to release Ceballos, an attacking midfielder, on a free transfer and he was taken to Chelsea for a two week trial.
    Ceballos trained at Cobham predominately with Chelsea's youth side, but also trained with Carlo Ancelotti's first-team. In a shock move, he has now reportedly signed a three-year contract at White Hart Lane.
    Sources close to the player said: "The boy captained Barca's Under-17's and here we have a proper player, potentially one of the greats if he develops as people think he might.
    "He went to Chelsea for two weeks and trained for three days with the first-team before a Champions League game such was the impression he made, but for some strange reason no one seemed to make a decision about him.
    "Now, he has signed a three-year contract with Spurs and Harry Redknapp has a player who will be in his first-team within a year."

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/922562/tottenham-hotspur-sign-former-barcelona-starlet?cc=3888

• Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

Great news,looks like harry's starting his shopping spree early this can only be a good thing.lets just hope he gets the right one's as this is a big summer for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭golfball37

John Bostock anyone?

Supposed to be the greatest thing ever, would also be in our first team within a year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

anyone think we should get rid of sherwood and les and bring in ray wilkins?

I was actually going to mention Wilkins this morning but u have no real clue as to how good he is apart from that Chelsea went into a slump after he left which could be attributed to how he was sacked more than anything?

I have been thinkIng though and O'Hara apart it could be difficult to sell some of our players because I don't know who would spend the money on them maybe Hutton to Sunderland jeans to Newcastle a couple to mega loaded QPR?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,734 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

I was actually going to mention Wilkins this morning but u have no real clue as to how good he is apart from that Chelsea went into a slump after he left which could be attributed to how he was sacked more than anything?

I have been thinkIng though and O'Hara apart it could be difficult to sell some of our players because I don't know who would spend the money on them maybe Hutton to Sunderland jeans to Newcastle a couple to mega loaded QPR?

I can't see Bentley fetching anything more than a couple of million. It might be best to send him out on a season-loan and hope he does well enough to up his price, although his spell at Birmingham wouldn't lead you to believe that he would be up to much. In a good footballing side he might get more of a chance to show that he is somewhat useful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

mickman wrote: »
    anyone think we should get rid of sherwood and les and bring in ray wilkins?

I think Joe Jordon would be a bit pissed off!. Im not sure how much of the chelsea thing was down to rays coaching ability or the fact he spoke italian and could get carlo's info across. I enjoy him when hes doing the punditry on sky!

In fairness i dont think Les was a raving success as striking coach this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭golfball37

How about Wilkins and Ancelotti as a double act altogether?

remind anyone of gio ????

mickman wrote: »
    remind anyone of gio ????
    He's much younger only 16 he was captain of the barca u-17s but to be honest we won't have a clue how this is going to turn out for a couple of years Gio's problem was flying to Barca to party at the weekends and then not showing up for training.

Be awesme hough if we had landed the next Modric/Fabergas/Xavi/Iniesta/(Insert top player we drool over)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

golfball37 wrote: »
    How about Wilkins and Ancelotti as a double act altogether?

i dont think either joe or harry would be happy with that!

PSV chief Marcel Brands told Voetbal International: "He (Gomes) has let me know he is interested in a return to PSV.
    "I have let him know I will look what we can do for each other. There is not much more at the moment."

looks like gomes is talking off with his tail between his legs

• Registered Users Posts: 7,734 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Cudicini has signed a new one-year deal: http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/articles/carlo-extends-contract-240511.html?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social-media&utm_campaign=carlo-extends-contract-240511

Happy enough with this as long as Gomes is sold and Carlo remains as back-up to a new 'keeper.

Bently having talks with Fulham.

Sandro says the directors talked to him about Leandro but didn't mention Harry in his interview with goal.com gave a strong endorsement anyway.

Maybe it's just because he's brazillian but like I was about Sandro I find the prospect of signing him exciting !

• Advertisement

Berbatov not even in squad for final. I'd take him back for 15 million but o would imagine they will try and offer Berba and 15 million for modric.

We will reject but Luca will say he wants to go and it will happen. I thunk Luca is telling the truth by saying he is happy at spurs but if united come in for him then he won't be able to turn down the opportunity . I think we can all understand his position

We r not yet at the stage where we can offer all that united can

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

I have a feeling we will lose Luka too.
    HR and DL know they'll be lynched if they decided to cash in on Bale so instead they'll sell Modric (probably after we've signed Adams or Parker.

What bugs me is that DL will probably come out and say Harry has 25m to spend, then we'll sell Modric and supposedly have 25m plus €20m from Modric sale but we'll only spend half that and the rest well disappear...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

I have a feeling we will lose Luka too.
    HR and DL know they'll be lynched if they decided to cash in on Bale so instead they'll sell Modric (probably after we've signed Adams or Parker.

What bugs me is that DL will probably come out and say Harry has 25m to spend, then we'll sell Modric and supposedly have 25m plus €20m from Modric sale but we'll only spend half that and the rest well disappear...

neither a suitable replacement. decent players but modric is the best play maker in the league i feel

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

After his actions before he left I wouldn't want Berbatov anywhere near our team. If (and possibly when) we do see either Luka or Bale I'd want cash all the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

ziedth wrote: »
    After his actions before he left I wouldn't want Berbatov anywhere near our team. If (and possibly when) we do see either Luka or Bale I'd want cash all the way.

Exactly. No offence but he can piss off. He wanted a move to Utd, he got it by acting like a spoiled child, he can keep it now. I don't think we'll lose Modric this window to be honest. I think it'll be next summer, especially if we don't make the CL.

SuprSi wrote: »
    Exactly. No offence but he can piss off. He wanted a move to Utd, he got it by acting like a spoiled child, he can keep it now. I don't think we'll lose Modric this window to be honest. I think it'll be next summer, especially if we don't make the CL.

Harry won't see it like that

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭fabvinny

news floating around that we will shortly announce the signing of brad friedel from villa on a free from villa,2 year contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

fabvinny wrote: »
    news floating around that we will shortly announce the signing of brad friedel from villa on a free from villa,2 year contract.

This is a strange one.

Don't get me wrong .. he's a quality keeper and it looks like we are tackling the Gomes issue (which is a big positive) but is Friedel really that much better that Cuducini ?!? Not for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

He has been consistently good in the EPL over a number of years, better than anything we have at the minute...

• Advertisement

i would agree

friedal is a top keeper, very solid with few mistakes.

Advertisement