Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Transfer Gossip

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

I'd take Villa np. The man is class, little older now but I reckon 10-11m and we'd get our moneys worth in 2 seasons definitely.

The player I think would be the ideal fit is Hernandez but I don't think there's any chance United would sell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Emoran

If I could pick 4 realistic signings it'd be kolorov, Essien, villa and either higuain/Damaio

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

A lot of talk today that we're appointing a new Technical Director (Franco Baldini)... AVB also commenting that transfers need to be done before the season starts.

David Villa is a serious target, AVB tried to sign him at Chelsea, great signing if it happens..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

A lot of talk today that we're appointing a new Technical Director (Franco Baldini)... AVB also commenting that transfers need to be done before the season starts.

David Villa is a serious target, AVB tried to sign him at Chelsea, great signing if it happens..

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11675/8719241/Andre-Villas-Boas-hoping-to-add-a-technical-director-to-Tottenham-staff

• Advertisement

Emoran wrote: »
    If I could pick 4 realistic signings it'd be kolorov, Essien, villa and either higuain/Damaio

I wouldnt think Higuain is realistic at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

AVB on Bale: "I've told you this 100 times, he's staying, that's the information I've had from the top."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

SuprSi wrote: »
    AVB on Bale: "I've told you this 100 times, he's staying, that's the information I've had from the top."

Nice to hear that, be nicer to hear Bale confirm it though.

Bale: "Nice to sign the season off with great goal in the last minute. We fought hard this season. Team and management have been great. We're a young squad. We'll pick ourselves up and come back again stronger next season"

While not definitive, it certainly sounds like he's planning on staying. Still, it's early days yet and we have the whole silly season to go.

Bale: "Nice to sign the season off with great goal in the last minute. We fought hard this season. Team and management have been great. We're a young squad. We'll pick ourselves up and come back again stronger next season"

While not definitive, it certainly sounds like he's planning on staying. Still, it's early days yet and we have the whole silly season to go.

Once David Villa and Moutinho arrive he'll be happy to give us another season:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Gallas and Gomes out of contract this summer which should free up 60-80k off the wage bill anyone else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Here Precious2

Gallas and Gomes out of contract this summer which should free up 60-80k off the wage bill anyone else?

Is bentley out of contract as well? or has he another year?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Is bentley out of contract as well? or has he another year?
    One more year I think he's not on good money though

Great, that's enough for one very good to excellent player. Hopefully there are a few more that will help too.

Bale? *Runs away!*

One more year I think he's not on good money though

Think he's on £50k a week, that's why we haven't been able to move him on. It will be hard to move Huddlestone on too, he has two years left and unlikely anyone will match his wages. And after yesterday, who would buy him?:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

Moutinho off to Monaco so that's him off the summer wish list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

Saab Ed wrote: »
    Moutinho off to Monaco so that's him off the summer wish list.

Where do you see that?
    http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11675/8726250/Transfer-News-Joao-Moutinho-happy-to-stay-at-Porto-after-Monaco-link

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Talk of Bale singing a £150k a week contract on RTE news. Must admit I really didn't see it coming if it goes that way

• Advertisement

ziedth wrote: »
    Talk of Bale singing a £150k a week contract on RTE news. Must admit I really didn't see it coming if it goes that way

I think we all know this will be another Modric situation. He'll sign a great big deal, but if we don't make CL next season we'll be in a great position to sell him on for whatever Levy demands.

Still, it's great news if it happens

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I think we all know this will be another Modric situation. He'll sign a great big deal, but if we don't make CL next season we'll be in a great position to sell him on for whatever Levy demands.

Still, it's great news if it happens

I'll happily take it, he's a loyal lad I'd say.

ziedth wrote: »
    I'll happily take it, he's a loyal lad I'd say.

Yeah he doesn't seem to be a dick at all, which is great to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

we need 2 things and i think we will be in champions league this time next year.

in this order

1 get bale to stay. (pay him whatever he wants, without him this season we would have struggled a lot more, how many games did we win by the odd goal, which he got??)

and

2 sign a goal scorer! a decent centre forward who can score!! dempsey isnt the answer. except 3-4 games near the end of the season neither was adebayor. defoe started the season excellent but got injured. we need a top class striker and have done for years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

The rumour is that as part of the contract - he will be allowed to leave from next summer on for a release clause of 50 million. Thats a great deal for us either way.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

ahhhhhhh rumours :P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

mickman wrote: »
    The rumour is that as part of the contract - he will be allowed to leave from next summer on for a release clause of 50 million. Thats a great deal for us either way.

50 million sterling I assume. I read 60m somewhere else.
    If he repeats this seasons form/goals again next year then 60m is good value when you compare it to other big money moves in that price region.

50 million sterling I assume. I read 60m somewhere else.
    If he repeats this seasons form/goals again next year then 60m is good value when you compare it to other big money moves in that price region.

50m pound is what is being talked about...

For me this is very sad news if true.

Barthram, Munns and Mason are all expected to be released in the summer...

I'm shocked to hear about Munns whose apparently been on trial with Birmingham u21's.. He's had a very good season for the club. Highlight was scoring twice against Arsenal in February and assisting another in the 4-2 win.

Gutted for the lad if true..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

http://tottenhamlive.com/blog/790-tottenham-club-on-the-rise.html

He is right, 40million could make us title contenders, this could be our year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

^^^^^ good link, should copy & paste into the AVB thread. It is true that we aren't quite as entertaining as previous seasons under HR but we are more tactically solid, with a plans A, B, C and D.

The related articles underneath include one about the weak links of the squad that need strengthening over the summer ... Nothing we don't already know but nicely put a I thought.

Advertisement