Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Transfer Gossip

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Sugarlumps wrote: »

We should set a rule for this forum. Nobody is allowed link Damaio of Soldado related transfer articles unless its something official from either player or clubs....

Both players have been talked to death in the media for a long time now...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Relax, it's called transfer gossip

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    Relax, it's called transfer gossip

I am relaxed......:confused:

Just saying, it's been talked about far too much and too many tabloids like the guardian or telegraph or express post too many articles about the same thing.. It's more unnessecary traffic for their sites.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Just revisited the first page being linked to Adam in the end bullet dodged massively there!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Just revisited the first page being linked to Adam in the end bullet dodged massively there!

unreal. even if he was top class for us i would never like the guy

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

irishmover wrote: »
    We should set a rule for this forum. Nobody is allowed link Damaio of Soldado related transfer articles unless its something official from either player or clubs....

Both players have been talked to death in the media for a long time now...

Haha it's funny, Damaio has come up in every summer and winter transfer window for the past 3 years and nothing has ever come of it. I reckon that transfer is a pox on the club at this stage and should just be forgotten about!!

Still, getting those two strikers in would certainly help. I've always been impressed with Soldado whenever I've seen him. I can't imagine us buying 2 strikers without getting rid of at least 1 first though, so I don't have much faith in the article.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

I have an awful feeling that we will be starting next season with Defoe and Ade on the books and not much more.

When you take away the strikers that are valued beyond what we can afford to pay, that are within our wage structure, that willing to sign for a club without CL football and actually available , who have you got left? Very worrying. We'll either end up with some risky unproven foreigner, some journeyman or some young french/German/Spanish lad who was the "top goalscorer at the U-19 European championships" in 2008 and hasn't done jack **** since.

I have an awful feeling that we will be starting next season with Defoe and Ade on the books and not much more.

When you take away the strikers that are valued beyond what we can afford to pay, that are within our wage structure, that willing to sign for a club without CL football and actually available , who have you got left? Very worrying. We'll either end up with some risky unproven foreigner, some journeyman or some young french/German/Spanish lad who was the "top goalscorer at the U-19 European championships" in 2008 and hasn't done jack **** since.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tomáš_Necid

I heard we're in for him... All your fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Haha yep that's about the strength of it.

We are probably the top of the pile when it comes to clubs who don't have Champions League, generally won't pay over 20m and generally won't pay over 100k wages.

It does rule us out of the running for the best strikers in the world unfortunately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

we can afford to pay top dollar but choose not to ;)

we can afford to pay top dollar but choose not to ;)

This thread is for transfer gossip

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

I would have thought our willingness to spend (or not to spend) is very relevant to transfer gossip

I would have thought our willingness to spend (or not to spend) is very relevant to transfer gossip

This thread is for transfer gossip.

That means if you're not gossiping about transfers, you're in the wrong thread.

Ormus wrote: »
    This thread is for transfer gossip.

That means if you're not gossiping about transfers, you're in the wrong thread.

Well, that's how to stop a thread dead in it's tracks!

Anyway.

Assuming I'm not breaching any rules of the thread - what about the players leaving the club this season - can't see that generating much funds (GB been sold a-side)

We might pick up a few quid for Parker, Ade or Defoe if we agree to sell. Other then that there's Gomes, Thudd, Dempsey maybe and Benny (if you believe the papers).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Anyway.

Assuming I'm not breaching any rules of the thread - what about the players leaving the club this season - can't see that generating much funds (GB been sold a-side)

We might pick up a few quid for Parker, Ade or Defoe if we agree to sell. Other then that there's Gomes, Thudd, Dempsey maybe and Benny (if you believe the papers).

Gomes is out of contract anyway as far as I am aware. Same goes for Gallas.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

I wouldn't mind having Ade and Defoe as 3rd and 4th choice strikers if we could get in a couple of better 1st choice ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/tottenham-transfers-joao-mouinho-poised-1907497
    Damn. Thought he'd make a much needed difference to our lacklustre midfield.
    Whats the chances of luka coming back? :p

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

tom1ie wrote: »
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/tottenham-transfers-joao-mouinho-poised-1907497

Until the ink is on paper, or whatever it is these days :pac:, there's no deal...this'll be the first of many long term targets to drag on through the summer I'm sure :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

There is actually rumours that Luka wants to return to us..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Would take him back in a shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

THFC wrote: »
    Would take him back in a shot.

Got to say I would too

I would too, the weaselly bast@rd

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Left Back on the Bench

£40 million + luka for bale?who'd take that? spend d 40 million on a striker then

£40 million + luka for bale?who'd take that? spend d 40 million on a striker then

Oh now that's a tough one. Lose this years best player for arguably our best from last year, plus a fortune to spend on a Bale replacement and striker? I still think I'd rather keep Bale and spend some money on a decent striker, assuming that money is available.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Left Back on the Bench

Wed need an out and out goal scorer. play luka and dembele and 3 out of lennon,dempsey,holtby,siggy. bale has won us so many points on his own it'd be hard to see him go

Very true, and if he wants to stay it'd be a shame to sell him. I'd hope this year, with a proven respected manager in place, Levy & Co will open the purse a little.

I saw Fabio's Coentrao's name mentioned in another forum - I've always rated him whenever I've seen him play for Madrid or Portugal. A flying left-back, maybe not hugely solid defensively but excellent going forward and has a great engine. I'd very much welcome him instead of BAE.

Wed need an out and out goal scorer. play luka and dembele and 3 out of lennon,dempsey,holtby,siggy. bale has won us so many points on his own it'd be hard to see him go

Sandro.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Until the ink is on paper, or whatever it is these days :pac:, there's no deal...this'll be the first of many long term targets to drag on through the summer I'm sure :D

Well, I couldn't have been more wrong on that one: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22652097

Advertisement