Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Transfer Gossip

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

I think this is were we tag them as mercenaries right?

Supposedly liverpool tabling a bid for Atsu. Spurs been rumoured to be interested in him since last summer. Surely can't be right coz Spurs steal Liverpool targets, never ever the other way round.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Yeah but we got Dempsey and Sigg... They got Coutinho. I know which I'd prefer to have signed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Kold wrote: »
    Yeah but we got Dempsey and Sigg... They got Coutinho. I know which I'd prefer to have signed.

I don't remember us being in for Coutinho.

They also got Carroll.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Ormus wrote: »

They also got Carroll.

...and cole, and adam :D

and suarez

• Advertisement

And Gerrard and Carragher... Nevermind Carroll or Adam!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

don't think we're singingreading from the same hymn sheet there irishmover :D

don't think we're singingreading from the same hymn sheet there irishmover :D

Ohhhhh terrible footballers Liverpool have signed in the past? Abel Xavier..

Now are we heading towards the same hymn sheet?!!!

Gerrard and Carragher too ofcourse :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Lightbulb Sun

I really think we should enter the hunt to sign Cavani from Napoli.

He'd be looking for too much money and Champions League.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

Villa and Damiao rumours in the mail today, i think we could actually end up buying these two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

mushykeogh wrote: »
    Villa and Damiao rumours in the mail today, i think we could actually end up buying these two.

yeah i think we will get villa but 10 million for a 31 year old who has had a few bad seasons recently ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

If he could stay relatively injury free then sign him up, the fans would relish a player of his calibre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    If he could stay relatively injury free then sign him up, the fans would relish a player of his calibre.

well yeah he is a very big name

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

mickman wrote: »
    yeah i think we will get villa but 10 million for a 31 year old who has had a few bad seasons recently ?

You'd take him over Ade though wouldn't ya?

To be honest lads I think the Villa deal will actually happen.. I'm not massively impressed but he'll be useful nonetheless..

AVB quoted saying Spurs don't need a left back this summer due to BAE, Rose & Fryers being at the club... Sounds like BAE, wont be moving on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Would take David Villa every day of the week. Is he really that injury prone? I know he broke his leg and was out for a year or so, but has he had many more injuries. Sign him up AVB, he is the kind of name we want to be attracting imo.

KingdomYid wrote: »
    Would take David Villa every day of the week. Is he really that injury prone? I know he broke his leg and was out for a year or so, but has he had many more injuries. Sign him up AVB, he is the kind of name we want to be attracting imo.

He was out injured from December 2011 until August 2012 so 8 months.

He's played 39 times for Barcelona in all competitions this season... So no he's not as injury prone as people would think.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Left Back on the Bench

and he can play wide left.would he really be interested in coming to spurs though?

and he can play wide left.would he really be interested in coming to spurs though?

He wants to play in the PL. He's not really got too many options. Arsenal, Liverpool or Spurs.

Spurs have no Senior Spanish players (which quite often helps) while the other two do but it seems Spurs are the only seriously interested club at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Villa would be an excellent buy for us. Give him one chance and he'll score, that hasn't changed. If he comes to Spurs I'd expect to see him rejuvenated and given a new lease of life. Could be similar to what Raul did at Schalke when he joined them first, except he'll be 2 or so years younger than when Raul joined them. If he does join, he's a few steps above any striker we've ever had.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Left Back on the Bench

irishmover wrote: »
    He wants to play in the PL. He's not really got too many options. Arsenal, Liverpool or Spurs.

Spurs have no Senior Spanish players (which quite often helps) while the other two do but it seems Spurs are the only seriously interested club at the moment.
    he probably wants to play champions league too though.don't get me wrong,i think it would be a very good signing but from barca to spurs?why would not having senior Spanish members help?

this would be great...him and bale on the same team, wow!

he probably wants to play champions league too though.don't get me wrong,i think it would be a very good signing but from barca to spurs?why would not having senior Spanish members help?

Thats not what I meant.. I meant having Spanish players in the Senior Team helps which Spurs don't and Arsenal and Liverpool do.. Sorry.. Didn't quite make that clear enough!

I think Andros Townsend could step up for the club next season. Hoping him and Tom Carroll come into the side and put in some displays that would make James Rodriguez and Moutinho blush respectively..

Maybe we do need another midfielder but after Townsends displays for QPR this winning player of the season I'm certain he'll put in more of the same for Spurs. That is if he's not banned for betting...

This a joke right?

THFC wrote: »
    Villa would be an excellent buy for us. Give him one chance and he'll score, that hasn't changed. If he comes to Spurs I'd expect to see him rejuvenated and given a new lease of life. Could be similar to what Raul did at Schalke when he joined them first, except he'll be 2 or so years younger than when Raul joined them. If he does join, he's a few steps above any striker we've ever had.

It certainly has changed a bit in the last 2 seasons.

I know he has had injury trouble so it's understandable, and maybe he is still top class.....but maybe he isn't.....could go either way in my opinion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Lightbulb Sun

Ormus wrote: »
    This a joke right?

If Villa is a possibility I don't see how Cavani isn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I think he'd definitely be an upgrade on what we have, but Orums is right. A couple of seasons ago he just couldn't miss but in the last few games I saw him in he wasn't as clinical. That may be a confidence thing or it could be something leftover from his injury - we'll never know. He would be a risk, and with zero sell-on value, unless Levy can get a really good deal I just can't see it happening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

If Villa is a possibility I don't see how Cavani isn't.

Cavani is one of the most sought-after strikers in world football. He's also 26, so in his prime, whereas Villa hasn't had a great season, is deemed surplus to requirements at Barca and is 31. Cavani could easily cost 3 - 4 times as much as Villa.

Advertisement